Prempro Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Prempro medication.Get started today
- Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
- Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
- Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
Your monthly Prempro cost savings if eligible
If you are eligible for the Prempro patient assistance program you can get your medication for free. Our monthly flat rate of $49 per medication covers the cost of our services in applying for the program and requesting your ongoing refills on your behalf. If you obtain your Prempro through NiceRx, you’ll only pay $49 a month regardless of the retail price of your medication.
Am I eligible for the Prempro patient assistance program?
You could receive your Prempro without paying the full retail price if you meet the eligibility criteria for assistance. This criteria is set by the pharmaceutical companies who are providing assistance programs. At NiceRx we review each application individually, although the main factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for Prempro patient assistance?
Our application process couldn’t be easier. We do everything that we can to take the hassle and stress out of applying for patient assistance programs. Simply start by filling in our enrollment application. We’ll ask for details about your healthcare provider, your insurance, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical companies you are applying to for assistance. We may be able to help you access patient assistance for other medications that you have been prescribed, so be sure to tell us about any medications you are taking as well as Prempro.
NiceRx will review the information you have provided, and if we determine that you may be eligible for assistance, we will seek to enroll you in the Prempro patient assistance program. We will handle the enrollment process for you by working with your healthcare provider and preparing all the required paperwork for your doctor to sign. We’ll also request your Prempro medication refills on your behalf for up to 1 year once you are enrolled in the program.
Is NiceRx a Prempro coupons provider?
At NiceRx, we help eligible individuals access the Prempro patient assistance program. This means that we are not a Prempro coupon, a Prempro discount card, or a Prempro copay card provider. We don’t offer any medication trial offers or free Prempro samples.
Can NiceRx help me get Prempro if I have insurance?
We may be able to help you if you have insurance, including if your insurance company won’t pay for your Prempro medication, or you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility. We may even be able to assist if you don’t have insurance. Please fill in our enrollment application to find out more.
How much is Prempro with insurance?
The cost of Prempro will vary in line with the specific terms of your healthcare plan. For further details about what you may need to pay, your insurance provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate the copay costs with your current insurance.
How much does Prempro cost without insurance?
Prempro costs without insurance will vary depending on the retailer you buy it from. As a guide, a pack of 28, 0.3/1.5mg Prempro tablets (4 weeks’ worth) will cost around $290. you obtain your medication through NiceRx, you’ll pay a flat monthly rate of $49 per medication regardless of its retail price.
What is Prempro?
Prempro is a prescription medication given to women who are going through menopause or who have been through the menopause. It used to treat:
- Moderate to severe night sweats, and hot flashes and hot flushes (vasomotor symptoms) caused by the menopause
- Moderate to severe dryness, inflammation, and pain in your vagina (vaginal atrophy) caused by the menopause
- Thinning and weakening of your bones (osteoporosis) caused by the menopause
If you’re going through menopause, or have gone through it, and you have symptoms like hot flushes and flashes, vaginal atrophy, or you are at risk of osteoporosis (or you already have it), your doctor may have prescribed Prempro to you. Prempro is a hormone replacement therapy that replaces lost estrogen and progesterone, easing your symptoms and reducing your risk of osteoporosis.
You take Prempro as a tablet, to be swallowed usually once a day at the same time each day. Always make sure you take your Prempro exactly as directed by the doctor who prescribed it to you.
Prempro active ingredients
Prempro contains two types of active ingredients, conjugated estrogens, and medroxyprogesterone acetate. Conjugated estrogens are a mixture of purified versions of the hormone estrogen and medroxyprogesterone acetate is a form of the hormone progesterone. You can think of Prempro as helping to top-up the estrogen and progesterone your body has lost during the menopause. This helps to ease your symptoms.
Prempro side effects & Prempro drug interactions
The most common side effects caused by Prempro include:
- Nausea (feeling sick)
- Vomiting (being sick)
- Stomach cramps and bloating
- Fluid retention
- Hair loss
- Tender and painful breasts
- Irregular vaginal bleeding or spotting
- An increase in vaginal yeast infections
In rare instances, Prempro can cause more serious side effects, like:
- Severe allergic reactions to the medication
- An increased risk of breast cancer
- An increased risk of cancer of the lining of the uterus (womb)
- An increased risk of ovarian cancer
- Enlargement of benign tumors of the uterus (called fibroids)
- An increased risk of heart attacks
- An increased risk of strokes
- An increased risk of blood clots
- An increased risk of dementia
- An increased risk of gallbladder disease
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- High blood sugar (diabetes)
- Liver problems
- An increased risk of developing depression
Prempro can interact with other medications. When this occurs, it can change how Prempro and the other medications work, as well as make some side effects more likely. It is important to tell your prescribing doctor about all drugs you’re taking, including vitamins, and herbal and dietary supplements, particularly:
- Any other hormone therapy medications
- Any antibiotics taken to treat bacterial infections, including rifampicin, clarithromycin, or telithromycin,
- Any antifungal medications taken to treat fungal infections, including ketoconazole and itraconazole
- Any anticonvulsant medications taken to reduce the chances of you having seizures, like carbamazepine, phenobarbital, or phenytoin
- Any antiviral medications you take to treat an HIV infection, including ritonavir, atazanavir, indinavir, saquinavir, or nelfinavir
- An herbal supplement called St. John’s wort (Hypericum perforatum)
Prempro warnings & precautions
Prempro isn’t suitable for everyone. Don’t take Prempro if you:
- Are allergic to estrogen
- Are allergic to the other active ingredient called medroxyprogesterone acetate
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Prempro
- Currently have any unusual vaginal bleeding
- Have or have ever had breast cancer or cancer of the uterus (womb)
- Have had a heart attack in the past year
- Have had a stroke in the past year
- Have or have ever had a blood clot
- Have or have ever had any liver problems
- Are pregnant, think you are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are not a woman who has reached the menopause
Talk to your doctor before taking Prempro if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Prempro
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
- Are due to have surgery or will be on bed rest
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.