The Duavee patient assistance program is available to eligible individuals who are unable to afford their Duavee medication. At NiceRx, we can help you to enroll in the program for $49 per month.* We work directly with your healthcare provider to submit your enrollment application on your behalf. By handling the full enrollment process for you, we can help you get easy and affordable access to the medications you need. If you are successfully enrolled in the program, we will also request prescription refills on your behalf for up to 1 year.
Your monthly Duavee cost savings if eligible
The Duavee patient assistance program can provide your medication for free. We simply charge $49 a month per medication to cover the cost of our services. With NiceRx, you will only pay $49 to obtain your Duavee, regardless of the retail price.
Am I eligible for the Duavee patient assistance program?
To find out if you are eligible for Duavee assistance you can apply online using our enrollment application. Each pharmaceutical company sets its eligibility criteria and we will review your application individually to determine if you may be eligible. The three main factors to consider are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Duavee patient assistance program?
Our application process aims to make it as easy as possible to apply for the Duavee patient assistance program. The first step is to complete our online enrollment application. We will ask you for details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income as this information is required by the pharmaceutical companies. We may be able to help you apply for other patient assistance programs too, so be sure to tell us about any medications you are taking as well as Duavee.
NiceRx will review your application and determine whether you may be eligible for Duavee assistance. If so, we will handle the full enrollment process for you and prepare all required documents for your healthcare provider to sign. Once you are successfully enrolled in the Duavee patient assistance program, we will help you manage your prescription refills by requesting refills on your behalf throughout your enrollment period. At the end of your enrollment period, we will contact you for updated information and seek to re-enroll you so you can continue to access affordable Duavee.
Is NiceRx a Duavee coupons provider?
NiceRx is a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Duavee patient assistance program. We do not offer trial offers or free Duavee samples. When obtaining your medication through NiceRx, you will only pay $49 a month per medication. This will likely save you more money than if you were to use Duavee coupons, discount cards, or Duavee copay cards.
Can NiceRx help me get Duavee if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you if your insurance company will not pay for your Duavee medication. We may also be able to help if you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility. Whether you have insurance or not, apply online using our enrollment application to find out more.
How much is Duavee with insurance?
The cost of Duavee will vary by the terms of your healthcare plan. To find out what you might need to pay for Duavee with insurance, your insurance provider or pharmacist will be able to help you calculate the copay costs with your current insurance.
How much does Duavee cost without insurance?
Duavee prices without insurance will vary by retailer. As a guide, a pack of 30, 0.45 mg-20 mg Duavee tablets (30 days’ worth) will cost around $280.
What is Duavee?
Duavee is a prescription medication given to women who have a uterus and who have been through the menopause to:
- Reduce the intensity of moderate to severe hot flashes
- Reduce the risk of developing osteoporosis (thin and brittle bones)
If you have been through menopause, you have a uterus, and you are experiencing hot flashes and/or are at risk of developing osteoporosis, your doctor may have prescribed Duavee to you. Duavee combines an estrogen hormone replacement with an estrogen regulating drug in one medication. It can help to lessen the frequency and intensity of your hot flashes and can protect you against osteoporosis.
You take Duavee as a tablet you swallow, usually once a day for a set period of time. Always make sure you take your Duavee exactly as directed by the doctor who prescribed it to you.
Duavee active ingredients
Duavee contains two active ingredients: conjugated estrogens and bazedoxifene.
Conjugated estrogens are a mixture of purified versions of the hormone estrogen your body produces naturally. Conjugated estrogens have the same impact on your body as the estrogen you produce and help to replace the estrogen lost to the menopause.
Taking conjugated estrogens alone can increase your risk of certain cancers though, like uterus, ovarian, and breast cancer. But taking estrogen alongside bazedoxifene can lower your chances of cancer.
Bazedoxifene is a type of drug called a selective estrogen receptor modulator. It regulates the effect of estrogen on your body, it enhances estrogen in some areas and dampens it in others. This can help boost the desired effects of estrogen, like easing your hot flashes and lowering your chances of developing osteoporosis. It also reduces the risk of side effects, particularly some forms of cancer.
Duavee side effects & Duavee drug interactions
The most common side effects caused by Duavee include:
- Nausea (feeling sick)
- An upset stomach
- Abdominal pain
- Muscle spasms
- Throat pain
- Neck pain
In rare instances, Duavee can cause more serious side effects, like:
- Severe allergic reactions to the medication can cause skin rashes, hives, a rapid heart rate, and swelling in your face, mouth, and throat that can lead to breathing problems
- Ovarian cancer
- Endometrial cancer (cancer of the lining of the uterus)
- Breast cancer
- Heart attacks
- Blood clots
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Liver problems
- Thyroid problems
- Gallbladder problems
- Fluid retention
- Low calcium levels
- Losses of vision
- Worsening of existing diabetes
- Worsening of existing asthma
- Worsening of existing epilepsy
- Worsening of existing migraines
- Worsening of existing lupus
- Worsening of existing liver problems
- Worsening of an existing genetic condition called porphyria
Duavee can interact with other medications. This can change how Duavee and the other medications work and can make some side effects more likely. Tell your prescribing doctor about all drugs you are taking, including vitamins, and herbal and dietary supplements, particularly:
- Any other hormone therapy medications
- Any antibiotics taken treat bacterial infection, including rifampicin, clarithromycin, or telithromycin
- Any antifungal medications taken to treat fungal infection, including ketoconazole and itraconazole
- Any anticonvulsant medications taken to reduce the chances of you having seizures, like carbamazepine, phenobarbital, or phenytoin
- Any antiviral medications you take to treat an HIV infection, including ritonavir, atazanavir, indinavir, saquinavir, or nelfinavir
- An herbal supplement called St. John’s wort (Hypericum perforatum)
Duavee warnings & precautions
Duavee is not suitable for everyone. Don’t take Duavee if you:
- Are allergic to estrogen
- Are allergic to the other active ingredient bazedoxifene
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Duavee
- Currently have any unusual vaginal bleeding
- Have or have ever had ovarian cancer
- Have or have ever had endometrial cancer
- Have or have ever had breast cancer
- Have or have ever had a blood clot
- Have or have ever had any liver problems
- Have a bleeding disorder
- No longer have a uterus
- Are pregnant or think you are pregnant
- Are not a woman who has reached the menopause
Talk to your doctor before taking Duavee if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Duavee
- Are due to have surgery or will be on bedrest
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.