Is NiceRx a Releuko coupon provider?
NiceRx is a service provider that helps eligible individuals access patient assistance programs. We do not offer trial offers or free Releuko samples.
Releuko patient assistance program
Patient assistance programs are typically sponsored by pharmaceutical companies and provide free or discounted medications to individuals with low income who are uninsured or under-insured and meet the eligibility criteria that vary by program. There are currently no known patient assistance programs for this medication.
How much does Releuko cost without insurance?
Releuko prices without insurance will vary depending on how much you buy. Prices will also vary by retailer. As a guide, Releuko injectable solution (ayow 300 mcg/0.5 mL) typically costs $2,400 for 5 milliliters.
How much does Releuko cost with insurance?
The copay for Releuko will vary by the terms of your healthcare plan. To find out what you might need to pay for Releuko with insurance, your insurance provider or pharmacist will be able to help you calculate the copay costs with your current insurance.
What is Releuko?
Releuko is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved medication manufactured by Kashiv Biosciences and Amneal Pharmaceuticals. It is a leukocyte (white blood cell) growth factor used to reduce the:
- Incidence of infection‚ as seen by febrile neutropenia‚ in patients with non-myeloid malignancies receiving myelosuppressive anti-cancer treatments related to a significant incidence of severe neutropenia with fever
- Time to neutrophil recovery and the duration of fever, following induction or consolidation chemotherapy therapy of patients with acute myeloid leukemia (AML)
- Duration of neutropenia and neutropenia-related clinical sequelae‚ e.g.‚ febrile neutropenia, in patients with non-myeloid malignancies receiving myeloablative chemotherapy followed by bone marrow transplantation (BMT)
- Incidence and duration of sequelae of severe neutropenia‚ (fever‚ infections‚ oropharyngeal ulcers) in patients with congenital neutropenia‚ cyclic neutropenia‚ or idiopathic neutropenia
Releuko has FDA approval as a biosimilar Neupogen. Biosimilar means that the biological product is approved based on data showing that it is highly similar to an FDA-approved biological product, known as the reference product and that there are no clinical differences between the biosimilar product and the reference product.
What doses of Releuko are available?
Releuko is available in injection form, in the following doses: 300 mcg/mL in a single-dose vial, 480 mcg/1.6 mL in a single-dose vial, or in injection form in a prefilled syringe, in the following doses: 300 mcg/0.5 mL in a single-dose prefilled syringe, or 480 mcg/0.8 mL in a single-dose prefilled syringe.
Releuko is administered via subcutaneous injection
Please see the full prescribing information and always speak with your healthcare provider for medical advice about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Releuko active ingredients
Releuko contains filgrastim-ayow as the active ingredient.
Releuko side effects
The most common side effects of Releuko in clinical trials include:
- Cough, dyspnea
- With severe chronic neutropenia – anemia, diarrhea, hypoesthesia, alopecia
In rare instances, Releuko can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Fatal splenic rupture
- Acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) – monitor patients who develop fever and lung infiltrates or respiratory distress
- Serious allergic reactions, including anaphylaxis
- Fatal sickle cell crises
- Myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS) and acute myeloid leukemia (AML)
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Releuko against your risk of side effects. Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions of Releuko to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Releuko drug interactions
Other drugs may interact with Releuko, including prescription drugs and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products. Tell your health care provider about all of your medications including any supplements you are taking.
You should not use Releuko if you:
- Have a history of serious allergic reactions to human granulocyte colony-stimulating factors (G-CSF) such as filgrastim-ayow or pegfilgrastim products
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Releuko
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
Talk to your doctor before using Releuko if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Releuko
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Releuko is the trademark brand name for filgrastim-ayow manufactured by Kashiv Biosciences and Amneal Pharmaceuticals. A generic version of filgrastim-ayow is not available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Releuko savings through NiceRx.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.