Revia Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Revia medication with our help.Get started today
- Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
- Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
- Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
An introduction to NiceRx(01:52)
Next steps after qualifying(00:38)
Uploading documents and billing(00:50)
SSN & billing information(00:33)
Medication delivery time(00:41)
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are qualified. The pharmaceutical company provides your medication for free and you only pay our service fee.
You may be required to submit further information and documents required by the pharmaceutical company which can be securely uploaded online.
Your application is created and sent to your doctor for signature. At this stage, you will be billed $49 and will not be billed again until you receive your first medication delivery.
Your application is sent to the pharmaceutical company. You will be billed again once you receive your medication. We handle the entire ordering process including requesting ongoing refills.
Your monthly Revia cost savings if eligible
With our assistance, you could access the Revia patient assistance program and obtain your medication for free. We only charge a flat monthly fee of $49 per medication for our services.
Am I eligible for Revia patient assistance?
We review each Revia enrollment application individually to determine if you are eligible. Each assistance program has its own eligibility criteria and the factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Revia patient assistance program?
Our process makes it as easy as possible to apply for the Revia patient assistance program. Begin by completing the enrollment application form on our website. Tell us about any medications that you are taking, including Revia, your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers who will supply the medication, so it is important to make sure this information is accurate and up to date.
We will review the information that you have provided to determine whether you are eligible for patient assistance. If we can pre-qualify you for assistance, NiceRx will handle the full enrollment process on your behalf. If you are approved by the pharmaceutical company, you will typically start receiving your medication in 6 – 8 weeks.
Is NiceRx a Revia coupons provider?
NiceRx is not a Revia coupon, Revia discount card, or Revia copay card provider. We do not offer Revia manufacturer coupons, Revia discounts, rebates, Revia savings cards, trial offers, or free Revia samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access their medication directly from the U.S. pharmaceutical company.
Can NiceRx help me if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you if:
- You have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility for Revia
- Your insurance company will not pay for your Revia prescription
- Your healthcare plan does not cover your medication
- You do not have insurance
Please apply online to find out if we can help you.
How much does Revia cost without insurance?
Without insurance, Revia costs will vary depending on where you buy the medication as prices will vary by retailer. As a guide, Revia oral tablets 50 mg will cost around $120 for 30 tablets.
How much does Revia cost with insurance?
The copay for Revia will depend on the terms of your healthcare plan. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance. Contact them to find out more.
What is Revia?
Revia is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved medication manufactured by Barr Pharmaceuticals. Revia is an opioid antagonist indicated for the treatment of alcohol dependence and opioid dependence. Revia blocks the effects of opioid medication, including pain relief or the feelings of well-being that can lead to drug abuse. ReVia is not a permanent cure for drug abuse or alcoholism.
ReVia is part of a treatment program that may also include additional forms of counseling and monitoring. A family member or other caregiver may make sure you take Revia on time, to make sure you are using the medicine correctly as part of your treatment program.
What doses of Revia are available?
Revia is available in film-coated tablet form, in the following doses: 50 mg.
Your body will be more sensitive to opioids after taking Revia. If you use opioid medicine in the future, you will need to use less than before this treatment. Using the same amount you used before could lead to overdose or death.
Always speak with a healthcare professional for medical advice or about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Revia active ingredients
The active ingredient of Revia is naltrexone hydrochloride.
Revia side effects
The most common side effects of naltrexone in clinical trials include:
- Nausea, vomiting
- Abdominal pain
- Headache, dizziness, drowsiness
- Trouble sleeping
- Muscle or joint pain
In rare instances, Revia can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Changes in liver function and risk of hepatotoxicity and acute hepatitis – upper right-sided stomach pain, vomiting, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, or yellowing of your skin or eyes
- Severe nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea
- Confusion, mood changes, hallucinations
- Depression, suicidal thoughts
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Revia against your risk of side effects. Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions of Revia to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Revia drug interactions
Revia can interact with other medications. These include:
- The safety and efficacy of concomitant use of Revia and disulfiram is unknown
- Thioridazine – tiredness and sleepiness have been reported
- Opioid-containing medicines, such as cough and cold preparations, antidiarrheal preparations, and opioid analgesics. In emergencies, when opioid analgesia must be administered to a patient receiving Revia, the number of opioids required may be greater than usual
This list is not exhaustive and other prescription drugs may interact with Revia.
You should not use Revia if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient naltrexone
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Revia
- Have liver failure or active hepatitis
- Have withdrawal symptoms from opioid addiction
- Have used any opioid pain medicine within the past 7 to 10 days (such as morphine, methadone, buprenorphine fentanyl). Your doctor may give you another medication (naloxone challenge test) to check for opiate use
Talk to your doctor before using Revia if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Revia
- Have liver disease or kidney disease
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Revia is the trademark brand name for naltrexone manufactured by Barr Pharmaceuticals. A generic version of naltrexone is not available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Revia savings through NiceRx.
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.