Retacrit Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Retacrit medication.Get started today
- Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
- Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
- Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
An introduction to NiceRx(01:52)
Next steps after qualifying(00:38)
Uploading documents and billing(00:50)
SSN & billing information(00:33)
Medication delivery time(00:41)
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are qualified.
You may be required to submit further information and documents required by the pharmaceutical company which can be securely uploaded online.
Your application is created and sent to your doctor for signature. At this stage, you will be billed $49 and will not be billed again until you receive your first medication delivery.
Your application is sent to the pharmaceutical company. You will be billed again once you receive your medication. We handle the entire ordering process including requesting ongoing refills.
Your monthly Retacrit cost savings if eligible
With our assistance, you could access the Retacrit patient assistance program and obtain your medication for free. We only charge a flat monthly fee of $49 per medication for our services.
Am I eligible for Retacrit patient assistance?
We review each Retacrit enrollment application individually to determine if you are eligible. Each assistance program has its own eligibility criteria and the factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Retacrit patient assistance program?
Our process makes it as easy as possible to apply for the Retacrit patient assistance program. Begin by completing the enrollment application form on our website. Tell us about any medications that you are taking, including Retacrit. You must also provide details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income. This is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers who will supply the medication, so it is important to make sure this information is accurate and up to date.
We will review the information that you have provided to determine whether you are eligible for patient assistance. If we can pre-qualify you for assistance, NiceRx will handle the full enrollment process on your behalf. If you are approved by the pharmaceutical company, you will typically start receiving your medication in 6 – 8 weeks.
Is NiceRx a Retacrit coupons provider?
NiceRx is not a Retacrit coupon, Retacrit discount card, or Retacrit copay card provider. We do not offer Retacrit manufacturer coupons, Retacrit discounts, rebates, Retacrit savings cards, trial offers, or free Retacrit samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Retacrit patient assistance program.
Can NiceRx help me get Retacrit if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you get Retacrit if:
- You have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility for Retacrit
- Your insurance company will not pay for your Retacrit prescription
- Your healthcare plan does not cover Retacrit medication
- You do not have insurance
Please apply online to find out if we can help you.
How much is Retacrit with insurance?
The cost of Retacrit with insurance will depend on the terms of your healthcare plan. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance. Contact them to find out more.
How much does Retacrit cost without insurance?
Retacrit prices without insurance will vary depending on how much you buy. Prices will also vary by retailer. As a guide, Retacrit injectable solution (epbx 20,000 units/mL) will cost around $2,300 for a supply of 10 milliliters.
What is Retacrit?
Retacrit contains the prescription medicine epoetin alfa. Epoetin alfa is a man-made version of a naturally occurring protein called erythropoietin, found in the body. Erythropoietin normally works in your body by stimulating your bone marrow to make red blood cells. Sometimes however enough red blood cells are not made and this can cause a condition known as anemia.
Retacrit can be used to treat anemia when it is caused by certain medical treatments or due to other illnesses such as:
- Chemotherapy, in adults and children
- Chronic kidney disease, in adults and children
- In adults being treated with zidovudine for HIV
- To reduce the need for red blood cell transfusions in adults having elective, noncardiac, nonvascular surgery
Retacrit active ingredients
Epoetin alfa stimulates the production of red blood cells by the same mechanism as erythropoietin does normally in your body. Not only does it stimulate the bone marrow to produce more red blood cells, but it acts on the red blood cells to protect them from being destroyed.
Retacrit can be given by subcutaneous injection under the skin or by infusion directly into the vein. It should not be used if the medicine has changed color or has any particles visible in it. You should NOT shake Retacrit before you use it. Retacrit should be stored in a refrigerator, away from light. The vials are for single use only, and any excess medicine should be safely discarded if not used.
Retacrit side effects
The most common side effects caused by Retacrit include:
- Pain or redness where the shot was given
- Rash or itching
- Nausea, vomiting
- Headache, dizziness
- Fever, cough, problems swallowing, shortness of breath
- Low mood
- Weight loss
- Difficulty sleeping
- Reduced potassium levels
- Reduced white blood cells
- Hyperglycemia (high blood sugar)
- Joint or bone pain, muscle pain or spasm
In rare instances, Retacrit can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Pain, swelling, redness, or pale appearance of the arm or leg
- Sudden numbness or weakness (especially down one side of the body), slurred speech, problems with vision or balance
- Pain in the chest spreading to your jaw or shoulder and feeling sick
- Increased thirst and urination, dry mouth
- Blurred vision, pounding in your neck or ears, nosebleeds, anxiety
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Retacrit against your risk of side effects.
Retacrit drug interactions
Retacrit can interact with other medications. These include:
- Treatments for cancer – carfilzomib, lenalidomide, pomalidomide, thalidomide
- Treatments for high blood pressure – benazepril, captopril, enalapril, fosinopril, lisinopril, perindopril, ramipril, trandolapril
- Immunosuppressants such as cyclosporine
This list is not exhaustive and other drugs may interact with Retacrit.
Retacrit warning and precautions
You should not use Retacrit if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient epoetin alfa
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Retacrit
- Have had pure red cell aplasia after using Retacrit
- Have uncontrolled high blood pressure
Talk to your doctor before using Retacrit if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Retacrit
- Have cancer or have had cancer previously
- Have heart disease or high blood pressure
- Have had a heart attack, stroke, or blood clot
- Suffer from seizures
- Have phenylketonuria
- Have kidney disease or are on dialysis
- Are pregnant or plan to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.