Sensipar Coupon & Prices
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Sensipar medication with our help.Get Started Now
Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
Convenient: Your medication is delivered straight to your door
Ongoing refills: Your medication is refilled automatically
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible for assistance.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are pre-qualified. The pharmaceutical company provides your medication for free, and you only pay our service fee.
We will request documents to be submitted by you and your healthcare provider that are required by the pharmaceutical company to complete your enrollment.
Once approved, the pharmaceutical company typically ships a 90-day supply of medication to your home or healthcare provider’s address. Final acceptance is determined by the pharmaceutical company.
Have you been prescribed Sensipar, but you need help paying for your medication? At NiceRx we may be able to help.
We work alongside your healthcare provider to help you enroll in patient assistance programs for prescription medications, including Sensipar. If you are successfully enrolled you could get your prescription for a flat fee of $49 per month.* The full enrollment process is handled on your behalf by NiceRx, providing you with safe and cost-effective access to the medications you need.
Your monthly Sensipar cost savings if eligible
If you are eligible to receive your prescription through the patient assistance program, you could pay $49 per month to receive your medication with our help.
Am I eligible for the Sensipar patient assistance program?
To be eligible for the Sensipar patient assistance program, you will need to meet the eligibility criteria. NiceRx reviews each Sensipar assistance program application individually, although the main factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Sensipar patient assistance program?
Applying for the Sensipar patient assistance program couldn’t be simpler than with NiceRx. All you need to do is fill in the enrollment application, which can be done online. You will be required to enter the medications you’re taking, including Sensipar. You will also need to provide accurate and up-to-date information about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income. This important information is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers that supply your medication.
Once we determine you may be eligible for Sensipar assistance, we’ll handle the full application process for you. We will also request your Sensipar medication refills on your behalf for up to 12 months, once you are enrolled in the program.
Is NiceRx a Sensipar coupons provider?
NiceRx is not a Sensipar coupon, a Sensipar discount card, or a Sensipar copay card provider. We don’t offer printable Sensipar manufacturer coupons, Sensipar discounts, rebates, Sensipar savings cards, trial offers, or free Sensipar samples. NiceRx is a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Sensipar patient assistance program.
Can NiceRx help me get Sensipar if I have insurance?
We review each patient assistance program enrollment application individually. We may be able to assist in a range of situations if you have insurance. These include if:
- You have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility for Sensipar
- Your insurance company won’t pay for your Sensipar prescription
We may also be able to assist if you don’t have insurance. Apply online to find out more.
How much is Sensipar with insurance?
The cost you may need to pay for Sensipar with insurance depends on the terms of your insurance plan. Contact your pharmacist or insurance provider to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
How much does Sensipar cost without insurance?
Sensipar prices without insurance will vary depending on the strength you buy (30 mg, 60 mg, or 90 mg tablets). Prices will also vary by retailer. As a guide, a pack of 15, 30 mg Sensipar tablets will cost around $470.
What is Sensipar?
Sensipar is a prescription medication used to reduce the activity of overactive parathyroid glands. It’s prescribed to adults to treat:
- Primary hyperparathyroidism in people with parathyroid cancer (parathyroid carcinoma)
- Primary hyperparathyroidism in people who can’t have their parathyroid glands surgically removed (parathyroidectomy)
- Secondary hyperparathyroidism in people who have chronic kidney disease who are on dialysis
If you have primary or secondary hyperparathyroidism, your doctor may prescribe Sensipar to you as part of your treatment. It’s a prescription medication that can reduce how much parathyroid hormone your parathyroid glands produce. Sensipar is taken as a tablet that’s swallowed, usually twice a day after eating.
Sensipar active ingredients
Sensipar contains an active ingredient called cinacalcet. It’s a type of drug called a calcimimetic that mimics calcium.
When you take Sensipar, cinacalcet is released into your blood and carried around your body. When the cinacalcet meets your parathyroid glands, it attaches to and stimulates receptors that the glands use to sense how much calcium you have in your blood. By stimulating these receptors, your glands think you have more calcium in your blood than you do, and they produce less parathyroid hormone.
Sensipar side effects & Sensipar drug interactions
The most common side effects caused by Sensipar and that affect more than 10% of people who use it include nausea (feeling sick) and vomiting (being sick).
In rare instances, Sensipar can cause more serious side effects, like:
- A fall of blood calcium concentrations to levels low enough to cause serious health problems, sometimes life-threatening or fatal, including seizures and worsening heart failure
- Severe allergic reactions to the medication
- A type of bone disease called adynamic bone disease that reduces how quickly your body makes and replaces bone tissue
- An increased risk of bleeding in your upper gastrointestinal tract (mouth, esophagus, stomach, start of the small intestine)
- Falls in blood pressure to low levels (hypotension)
- Worsening heart failure if you already have heart failure
- Worsening heart arrhythmia (heart rate problems) if you already have a heart arrhythmia
Your doctor will assess the benefits of taking Sensipar against your risk of side effects.
Sensipar can interact with other medications, including:
- Any medications taken to treat a fungal infection, like ketoconazole, itraconazole, or voriconazole
- Any medications taken for heart rate problems, like flecainide or propafenone
- Any medications taken to treat high blood pressure (hypertension), like metoprolol
- Any antibiotics taken to treat bacterial infections, like telithromycin, rifampicin, or ciprofloxacin
- Any medications taken to treat an HIV infection, like ritonavir
- Any antidepressants or other medications taken to treat depression or other mood disorders
- A medicine called dextromethorphan used to treat coughs
Sensipar warnings & precautions
Sensipar can cause side effects, like dizziness, that can affect your ability to drive, operate machinery, or perform other dangerous tasks. Avoid these activities when taking Sensipar until you’re confident it doesn’t impair your ability to do so.
Don’t take Sensipar if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient cinacalcet
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Sensipar
- Have serum calcium levels that are less than the lower limit of the normal range
- Are under 18 years of age
Talk to your doctor before taking Sensipar if you:
- Have or have ever had heart failure
- Have or have ever had any heart rhythm problems
- Have or have ever had any liver problems
- Have or have ever had seizures
- Have an intolerance to any sugars (Sensipar contains lactose)
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program. Subject to medication availability and acceptance by the pharmaceutical companies. NiceRx is not responsible for any delays or rejection by the pharmaceutical companies.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.