Sustiva Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Sustiva medication.Get started today
- Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
- Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
- Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
An introduction to NiceRx(01:52)
Next steps after qualifying(00:38)
Uploading documents and billing(00:50)
SSN & billing information(00:33)
Medication delivery time(00:41)
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are qualified.
You may be required to submit further information and documents required by the pharmaceutical company which can be securely uploaded online.
Your application is created and sent to your doctor for signature. At this stage, you will be billed $49 and will not be billed again until you receive your first medication delivery.
Your application is sent to the pharmaceutical company. You will be billed again once you receive your medication. We handle the entire ordering process including requesting ongoing refills.
Your monthly Sustiva cost savings if eligible
With our assistance, you could access the Sustiva patient assistance program and obtain your medication for free. We only charge a flat monthly fee of $49 per medication for our services.
Am I eligible for Sustiva patient assistance?
We review each Sustiva enrollment application individually to determine if you are eligible. Each assistance program has its own eligibility criteria and the factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Sustiva patient assistance program?
Our process makes it as easy as possible to apply for the Sustiva patient assistance program. Begin by completing the enrollment application form on our website. Tell us about any medications that you are taking, including Sustiva. You must also provide details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income. This is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers who will supply the medication, so it is important to make sure this information is accurate and up to date.
We will review the information that you have provided to determine whether you are eligible for patient assistance. If we can pre-qualify you for assistance, NiceRx will handle the full enrollment process on your behalf. If you are approved by the pharmaceutical company, you will typically start receiving your medication in 6 – 8 weeks.
Is NiceRx a Sustiva coupons provider?
NiceRx is not a Sustiva coupon, Sustiva discount card, or Sustiva copay card provider. We do not offer Sustiva manufacturer coupons, Sustiva discounts, rebates, Sustiva savings cards, trial offers, or free Sustiva samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Sustiva patient assistance program.
Can NiceRx help me get Sustiva if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you get Sustiva if:
- You have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility for Sustiva
- Your insurance company will not pay for your Sustiva prescription
- Your healthcare plan does not cover Sustiva medication
- You do not have insurance
Please apply online to find out if we can help you.
How much is Sustiva with insurance?
The cost of Sustiva with insurance will depend on the terms of your healthcare plan. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance. Contact them to find out more.
How much does Sustiva cost without insurance?
Sustiva prices without insurance will vary depending on how many you buy. Prices will also vary by retailer. As a guide, Sustiva capsules 50 mg will cost around $100 for 30 capsules.
What is Sustiva?
Sustiva contains the prescription medicine efavirenz, which is classed as an antiviral medication. Sustiva is used for the treatment of HIV (human immunodeficiency virus). HIV is the virus that can cause AIDS (acquired immunodeficiency syndrome).
Sustiva is used in combination with other antiretroviral medicines for the treatment of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) in adults and children who are at least 3 months old and weigh at least 3.5 kg (8 pounds). Sustiva is not, however, a cure for HIV or AIDS.
Sustiva can cause serious psychiatric symptoms such as confusion, severe depression, suicidal thoughts, aggression, extreme fear, hallucinations, or unusual behavior. You should speak to your doctor if you have any of these side effects. Efavirenz can harm an unborn baby, and you must inform your doctor if you are pregnant or become pregnant during treatment.
Sustiva active ingredients
Efavirenz is an NNRTI (non-nucleoside reverse-transcriptase inhibitor) of HIV-1 reverse transcriptase. In English, this means efavirenz blocks the action of the enzyme known as reverse transcriptase and stops HIV DNA from being made in the body.
Sustiva must be taken in combination with other antiviral medications and should not be used alone. There is a risk that your disease could become resistant to efavirenz if you take it on its own.
Sustiva must be taken exactly as prescribed by your doctor at bedtime on an empty stomach. The tablet must be taken whole and not crushed, chewed, or broken. Doses of efavirenz for children are based on their weight and may need to be altered if their weight changes. You will need regular checks while taking this medicine.
Sustiva side effects
The most common side effects caused by Sustiva include:
- Nausea, vomiting
- Drowsiness, feeling dizzy or light-headed, difficulty concentrating, headache, tiredness
- Problems sleeping, unusual dreams
- Changes in the shape or location of fat in your body
In rare instances, Sustiva can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Hallucinations, difficulty speaking or moving
- Changes in behavior, anxiety, paranoia, depression, feeling suicidal
- Stomach pain, loss of appetite, dark urine and stools, yellow color of the skin or eyes
- Fever, night sweats, swollen glands, cold sores, cough, wheezing, weight loss, diarrhea
- Problems with balance or eye movement, weakness, or prickly feeling
- Swollen neck or throat
- Menstrual changes
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Sustiva against your risk of side effects.
Sustiva drug interactions
Sustiva can interact with other medications. These include:
- Treatments for heart arrhythmias (irregular heartbeat) – amiodarone, dronedarone
- Antibiotics for bacterial infections – azithromycin, ciprofloxacin, erythromycin
- Antidepressants – amitriptyline, citalopram, escitalopram, fluoxetine, nortriptyline, sertraline
- Treatment for schizophrenia – clozapine, haloperidol, promazine
- Treatments for multiple sclerosis – fingolimod, ozanimod, siponimod
- Antifungal treatments – ketoconazole
- DMARDs (disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs) for rheumatoid arthritis – leflunomide, teriflunomide
- NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) – bromfenac, diclofenac, ibuprofen, naproxen
This list is not exhaustive and other drugs may interact with Sustiva.
Sustiva warning and precautions
You should not use Sustiva if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient efavirenz
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Sustiva
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
Talk to your doctor before using Sustiva if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Sustiva
- Have liver disease
- Have hepatitis B or C
- Have long QT syndrome
- Suffer from seizures
- Have a mental illness or have psychosis
- Have heart disease
- Drink large amounts of alcohol, or if you have a history of injection drug use
Women with HIV or AIDS should not breastfeed their baby. Even if your baby is born without HIV, the virus can be passed to your baby in your breast milk.
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.