Symtuza Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Symtuza medication.Get started today
- Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
- Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
- Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
Your monthly Symtuza cost savings if eligible
With our assistance, you could access the Symtuza patient assistance program and obtain your medication for free. We only charge a flat monthly fee of $49 per medication for our services.
Am I eligible for Symtuza patient assistance?
We review each Symtuza enrollment application individually to determine if you are eligible. Each assistance program has its own eligibility criteria and the factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Symtuza patient assistance program?
Our process makes it as easy as possible to apply for the Symtuza patient assistance program. Begin by completing the enrollment application form on our website. Tell us about any medications that you are taking, including Symtuza. You must also provide details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income. This is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers who will supply the medication, so it is important to make sure this information is accurate and up to date.
We will review the information that you have provided to determine whether you are eligible for patient assistance. If we can pre-qualify you for assistance, NiceRx will handle the full enrollment process on your behalf. If you are approved by the pharmaceutical company, you will typically start receiving your medication in 6 – 8 weeks.
Is NiceRx a Symtuza coupons provider?
NiceRx is not a Symtuza coupon, Symtuza discount card, or Symtuza copay card provider. We do not offer Symtuza manufacturer coupons, Symtuza discounts, rebates, Symtuza savings cards, trial offers, or free Symtuza samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Symtuza patient assistance program.
Can NiceRx help me get Symtuza if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you get Symtuza if:
- You have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility for Symtuza
- Your insurance company will not pay for your Symtuza prescription
- Your healthcare plan does not cover Symtuza medication
- You do not have insurance
Please apply online to find out if we can help you.
How much is Symtuza with insurance?
The cost of Symtuza with insurance will depend on the terms of your healthcare plan. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance. Contact them to find out more.
How much does Symtuza cost without insurance?
Symtuza prices without insurance will vary depending on the retailer. As a guide, Symtuza tablets (150 mg-800 mg-200 mg-10 mg) will cost around $4,250 for 30 tablets.
What is Symtuza?
Symtuza is an antiviral prescription medication used to treat human immunodeficiency virus (HIV). HIV is the virus that can cause acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS). Symtuza is used in adults and children weighing at least 88 pounds (40 kilograms). Symtuza is not a cure for HIV or AIDS.
Symtuza has sometimes been used in people who have never been treated with other medications for HIV. Symtuza can also be used to replace other HIV medications in adults with a reduced amount of the virus in their blood.
Symtuza active ingredients
Symtuza contains cobicistat, darunavir, emtricitabine, and tenofovir alafenamide. Cobicistat protects antiviral medicines from being broken down by enzymes in your liver, allowing these antiviral medicines to be more effective and safer at lower doses.
Darunavir, emtricitabine, and tenofovir are all antiviral medicines that stop HIV from replicating in your body. HIV is what can cause acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS).
Symtuza side effects
The most common side effects caused by Symtuza include:
- Abnormal dreams
- Heartburn, passing gas, belching
- Increase in body fat
- Stomach discomfort, upset, or pain
- Swollen joints, difficulty moving
- Weight loss
Symtuza can cause more serious side effects, speak to your doctor if any of the following side effects occur:
- Lactic acidosis – joint or muscle pain, shortness of breath, fatigue, stomach cramps, sickness, palpitations, dizziness
- Liver problems – jaundice (yellow eyes or skin), swollen midsection, loss of appetite, dark urine
- Signs of infection – swollen glands, fever, night sweats, cough, wheeze, diarrhea, weight loss
- Trouble swallowing or speaking
- Swollen neck or throat, changes in your menstrual cycle
Symtuza drug interactions
Symtuza can interact with an extensive list of medicines, some should not be taken at the same time. Your doctor may decide to stop or change some of your medicines. Tell your prescribing doctor about all drugs you are taking, including vitamins, herbal and dietary supplements, also:
- Medicines for your heart – dronedarone, ivabradine, ranolazine
- Medicines for seizures – carbamazepine, phenytoin
- Ergot medicines -dihydroergotamine, ergotamine
- Atorvastatin, simvastatin
- Triazolam, midazolam
- St. John’s wort
Symtuza warning and precautions
Symtuza is not suitable for everyone. Do not take Symtuza if you:
- Are allergic to cobicistat, darunavir, emtricitabine, or tenofovir
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Symtuza (you can find these listed in the leaflet which comes with the medication)
Talk to your doctor before taking Symtuza if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Symtuza
- Have liver disease (cirrhosis or hepatitis B or C)
- Have kidney disease
- Have diabetes
- Have an allergy to sulfa drugs
- Having a bleeding disorder
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.