Teflaro Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Teflaro medication.Get started today
- Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
- Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
- Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
Your monthly Teflaro cost savings if eligible
Through the Teflaro patient assistance program, you could receive your medication for a flat monthly fee of $49. This covers the full cost of your Teflaro medicine, meaning you could save:
|Strength||Avg. monthly price at
a US pharmacy
|400mg 70 vials||$14,000.00||$49.00||$13,951.00|
|600mg 1 vial||$210.00||$49.00||$161.00|
Am I eligible for the Teflaro patient assistance program?
There will be specific eligibility criteria for Teflaro assistance. The main factors considered by most programs include:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Teflaro patient assistance program?
Apply online for the Teflaro patient assistance program, through NiceRx. Begin by filling out your enrollment application. This is easy to do online. To fully complete your application, you will need to detail all medication prescribed to you, including Teflaro. Important information at this stage also includes details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income. The pharmaceutical manufacturers that ship your medication require this.
Once NiceRx determines that you may be eligible for Teflaro assistance, we’ll handle the full enrollment process for you. When enrolled in the Teflaro patient assistance program, we’ll also request your Teflaro medication refills on your behalf for up to 12 months.
Is NiceRx a Teflaro coupons provider?
NiceRx is not a Teflaro coupon, a Teflaro discount card, or a Teflaro copay card provider. We don’t offer printable Teflaro manufacturer coupons, Teflaro discounts, rebates, Teflaro savings cards, trial offers, or free Teflaro samples.
NiceRx is a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Teflaro patient assistance program. When accessing your medication in this way, your total monthly cost will always be $49.
Can NiceRx help me get Teflaro if I have insurance?
If your insurance company won’t pay for your Teflaro medication, or you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility, apply online with NiceRx. You may even be eligible for the Teflaro patient assistance program if you don’t have insurance or your Medicare plan doesn’t cover Teflaro. Apply online to find out more.
How much is Teflaro with insurance?
Your pharmacist or insurance provider will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance, as the cost of Teflaro will vary by healthcare plan. You’ll likely save more if you get your Teflaro medication through NiceRx.
How much does Teflaro cost without insurance?
Teflaro prices without insurance can vary by pharmacy. As a guide, a pack of six single-use 400mg vials will cost around $1,300.
What is Teflaro?
Teflaro is a prescription antibiotic. Teflaro is given to you either by injecting it under your skin (subcutaneous injection) or infusing it directly into a vein through an IV catheter (intravenous infusion). It’s used to treat:
- Acute bacterial skin and skin structure infections (ABSSSI) caused by certain types of bacteria. It can be given to adults, children over 12 days old, and unborn babies over 34 weeks old for this condition
- Community-acquired bacterial pneumonia (CABP) caused by certain types of bacteria. It can be given to adults, and children over two months old for this condition
Acute bacterial skin and skin structure infections (ABSSSI) are infections that occur in your skin and other soft tissues in your skin, like mucous membranes. You can get infections in healthy skin, but more often in any cuts, burns, ulcers, and other areas of damage.
Pneumonia is an inflammatory condition that affects your lungs that can be caused by a bacterial infection. Both acute bacterial skin and skin structure infections, and pneumonia caused by bacteria can be serious. But they can be treated effectively with antibiotic medications like Teflaro. Teflaro can kill the bacteria that cause these conditions and can help your immune system to overcome your infection.
Teflaro active ingredients
The active ingredient in Teflaro is called ceftaroline fosamil. It’s an antibiotic that can kill certain strains of bacteria. Ceftaroline fosamil works by stopping the bacteria from building protective walls around their cells. This makes the bacteria vulnerable and allows your immune system to kill them more effectively.
Teflaro side effects & Teflaro drug interactions
Common Teflaro side effects in adults include:
- Diarrhea (5% of adults)
- Feeling sick/nausea (4% of adults)
- Skin rashes (3% of adults)
In children, the most common side effects caused by Teflaro include:
- Diarrhea (8% of children)
- Skin rashes (7% of children)
- Being sick/vomiting (5% of children)
- Fever (3% of children)
- Feeling sick/nausea (3% of children)
In rare instances, Teflaro can cause more serious side effects, including:
- Severe allergic reactions to the medication
- An increased likelihood of diarrhea caused by a Clostridium difficile bacterial infection. This can range from mild to so severe it can cause a digestive disease called colitis that can be fatal
- A form of anemia (not having enough red blood cells) called drug-induced hemolytic anemia, caused by your immune system attacking your red blood cells
Teflaro can sometimes interact with other medications. This can change how Teflaro and the other medications work and can make some side effects more likely.
Teflaro warnings & precautions
Teflaro should not be given to children under 12 days old and unborn babies under 34 weeks old to treat acute bacterial skin and skin structure infections (ABSSSI). It should also not be given to children under two months old to treat community-acquired bacterial pneumonia (CABP)
Don’t take Teflaro if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient ceftaroline fosamil
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Teflaro
- Are allergic to other cephalosporin antibiotics, like cefaclor (Raniclor), cefpodoxime (Vantin), or cefuroxime (Ceftin
Talk to your doctor before taking Teflaro if you:
- Have any problems with your kidneys
- Have, or have, had any intestinal problems, such as colitis
- Are over 65 years of age
- Are pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.