Xigduo XR Coupon & Prices
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Xigduo XR medication with our help.Get Started Now
Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
Convenient: Your medication is delivered straight to your door
Ongoing refills: Your medication is refilled automatically
Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible for assistance.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are pre-qualified. The pharmaceutical company provides your medication for free, and you only pay our service fee.
We will request documents to be submitted by you and your healthcare provider that are required by the pharmaceutical company to complete your enrollment.
Once approved, the pharmaceutical company typically ships a 90-day supply of medication to your home or healthcare provider’s address. Final acceptance is determined by the pharmaceutical company.
The Xigduo XR patient assistance program is available to eligible individuals who are unable to afford their Xigduo XR medication. At NiceRx, we can help you to enroll in the program for $49 per month.* We work directly with your healthcare provider to submit your enrollment application on your behalf. By handling the full enrollment process for you, we can help you get easy and affordable access to the medications you need. If you’re successfully enrolled in the program, we’ll also request prescription refills on your behalf for up to 1 year.
Your monthly Xigduo XR cost savings if eligible
The Xigduo XR patient assistance program can provide your medication for free. We simply charge $49 a month per medication to cover the cost of our services. With NiceRx, you’ll only pay $49 to obtain your Xigduo XR, regardless of the retail price.
|Strength||Avg. monthly price at
a US pharmacy
|5mg/1000mg 30 tablets||$180.00||$49.00||$131.00|
Am I eligible for the Xigduo XR patient assistance program?
To find out if you are eligible for Xigduo XR assistance you can apply online using our enrollment application. Each pharmaceutical company sets its eligibility criteria and we will review your application individually to determine if you may be eligible. The three main factors to consider are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Xigduo XR patient assistance program?
Our application process aims to make it as easy as possible to apply for the Xigduo XR patient assistance program. The first step is to complete our online enrollment application. We’ll ask you for details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income as this information is required by the pharmaceutical companies. We may be able to help you apply for other patient assistance programs too, so be sure to tell us about any medications you are taking as well as Xigduo XR.
NiceRx will review your application and determine whether you may be eligible for Xigduo XR assistance. If so, we’ll handle the full enrollment process for you and prepare all required documents for your healthcare provider to sign. Once you are successfully enrolled in the Xigduo XR patient assistance program, we’ll help you manage your prescription refills by requesting refills on your behalf throughout your enrollment period. At the end of your enrollment period, we’ll contact you for updated information and seek to re-enroll you so you can continue to access affordable Xigduo XR.
Is NiceRx a Xigduo XR coupons provider?
NiceRx is a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Xigduo XR patient assistance program. We do not offer trial offers or free Xigduo XR samples. When obtaining your medication through NiceRx, you’ll only pay $49 a month per medication. This will likely save you more money than if you were to use Xigduo XR coupons, discount cards, or Xigduo XR copay cards.
Can NiceRx help me get Xigduo XR if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you if your insurance company won’t pay for your Xigduo XR medication. We may also be able to help if you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility. Whether you have insurance or not, apply online using our enrollment application to find out more.
How much is Xigduo XR with insurance?
The cost of Xigduo XR will vary by the terms of your healthcare plan. To find out what you might need to pay for Xigduo XR with insurance, your insurance provider or pharmacist will be able to help you calculate the copay costs with your current insurance.
How much does Xigduo XR cost without insurance?
Xigduo XR prices without insurance will vary by retailer. But as a guide, a pack of 30, 5 mg-1000 mg Xigduo XR tablets (typically 30 days’ worth) will cost around $350.
What is Xigduo XR?
Xigduo XR is a prescription medication given to adults with type 2 diabetes to:
- Help lower blood sugar, when used alongside exercise and diet changes
- Reduce the risk of hospitalization for heart failure in adults with heart disease or who are at risk of heart disease
Xigduo XR is a non-insulin medication you take by swallowing it as a tablet. It contains two active ingredients that work together to help to lower your blood glucose and reduce your risk of heart failure if you have heart disease or are at risk of it. It works by making you lose more glucose in your urine, by reducing how much stored glucose your liver releases into your blood, by making your cells more sensitive to insulin, and by helping you to eat less.
More information on what is Xigduo XR and Xigduo XR Dosage
Xigduo XR active ingredients
Xigduo XR contains two active ingredients called dapagliflozin and metformin hydrochloride. They work together to help lower your blood glucose.
Metformin hydrochloride (usually just called metformin) helps to reduce your blood glucose in three ways. It makes your cells more sensitive to insulin, so they absorb more glucose from your blood, and it reduces how much stored glucose your liver releases into your bloodstream. Metformin can also reduce your appetite, limiting how much you eat and how much glucose you take in with each meal.
Dapagliflozin belongs to a class of drugs called SGLT2 inhibitors that cause you to lose glucose in your urine. Your kidneys help to recycle glucose from your urine back into your blood to conserve glucose in your body. Your kidneys do this with the help of a protein called SGLT2. But dapagliflozin blocks the SGLT2 protein, stopping it from working. This reduces how much glucose your kidneys recycle back into your blood and increases how much you lose in your urine.
Xigduo XR side effects & Xigduo XR drug interactions
The most common side effects caused by Xigduo XR include:
- A stuffy or runny nose
- A sore throat
- An increase in urinary tract infections
- Vaginal yeast infections
- Yeast infections of the skin around the penis
Sometimes, Xigduo XR can cause more serious side effects. These are rarer but they can include:
- Lactic acidosis – a build-up of lactic acid in the blood that can be serious and even fatal
- Severe allergic reactions to the medication can cause swelling of your face, lips, tongue or throat, making it difficult to breathe
- Diabetic ketoacidosis – a condition where high blood sugar causes high levels of ketones to build up in your body
- Necrotizing fasciitis – a serious bacterial infection that causes damage to the tissue under the skin between the anus and genitals (perineum)
- Kidney problems that can reduce your kidney function
- Serious urinary tract infections
- Very low blood sugar (hypoglycemia)
- Falls in vitamin B12 levels can cause a vitamin B12 deficiency
Xigduo XR can interact with other medications. When this happens, it can change how Xigduo XR and the other medications work. It can even make some side effects more likely. Medications that may interact with Xigduo XR include:
- Insulin or any other medications for type 2 diabetes
- Any antibiotics taken treat bacterial infection, including rifampicin, clarithromycin, or telithromycin,
- Any antifungal medications taken to treat fungal infections, including ketoconazole and itraconazole
- Any anticonvulsant medications taken to reduce the chances of you having seizures, like carbamazepine, phenobarbital, or phenytoin
- Any antiviral medications you take to treat an HIV infection, including ritonavir, atazanavir, indinavir, saquinavir, or nelfinavir
- Any diuretics (water pills), usually taken to treat high blood pressure
- Digoxin, taken to treat a range of heart conditions
Xigduo XR warnings & precautions
Xigduo XR isn’t suitable for everyone. Don’t take Xigduo XR if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient dapagliflozin and metformin hydrochloride, or are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Xigduo XR
- Have severe kidney problems or are on dialysis
- Have diabetic ketoacidosis
- Have metabolic acidosis – a serious electrolyte disorder where you have an imbalance in the body’s acid-base balance
- Have type 1 diabetes (Xigduo is for type 2 diabetes only)
- Are under 18 years of age
Talk to your doctor before taking Xigduo XR if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Xigduo XR (see the section above)
- Have any heart, kidney, liver, or pancreas problems
- Have a history of urinary tract infections or problems with urinating
- Drink alcohol often or binge drink
- Are about to have surgery
- Are due to have an injection of dye or contrast agents for an X-ray
- Are eating less than usual or have recently changed your diet
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program. Subject to medication availability and acceptance by the pharmaceutical companies. NiceRx is not responsible for any delays or rejection by the pharmaceutical companies.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.