Trintellix Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Trintellix medication with our help.Get started today
- Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
- Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
- Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
An introduction to NiceRx(01:52)
Next steps after qualifying(00:38)
Uploading documents and billing(00:50)
SSN & billing information(00:33)
Medication delivery time(00:41)
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are qualified. The pharmaceutical company provides your medication for free and you only pay our service fee.
You may be required to submit further information and documents required by the pharmaceutical company which can be securely uploaded online.
Your application is created and sent to your doctor for signature. At this stage, you will be billed $49 and will not be billed again until you receive your first medication delivery.
Your application is sent to the pharmaceutical company. You will be billed again once you receive your medication. We handle the entire ordering process including requesting ongoing refills.
Have you been prescribed Trintellix? Are you concerned about how you will pay for your medication? With our help, you could get your Trintellix prescription for a flat fee of $49 per month.*
We help eligible individuals enroll in patient assistance programs. By working directly with your healthcare provider, we may be able to assist you to enroll in the Trintellix patient assistance program. We handle the full enrollment process for you, helping you to get affordable access to the medications you need without the stress.
Your monthly Trintellix cost savings if eligible
If you are eligible for the Trintellix patient assistance program, you could get your Trintellix medication for a flat fee of $49 per month. This single monthly fee covers the full cost of your Trintellix medicine.
|Strength||Avg. monthly price at
a US pharmacy
|5mg 30 tablets||$390.00||$49.00||$341.00|
|10mg 30 tablets||$390.00||$49.00||$341.00|
|20mg 30 tablets||$390.00||$49.00||$341.00|
Am I eligible for the Trintellix patient assistance program?
In order to be successfully enrolled in the Trintellix patient assistance program, you will need to meet the defined eligibility criteria. We review each Trintellix assistance program application individually, although the general guidelines are as follows:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Trintellix patient assistance program?
Our enrollment application process is simple and straightforward. We do everything we can to make it as easy as possible to apply for the Trintellix patient assistance program. The first step is to complete our online enrollment application. Essential information at this stage includes details about any medications you’re taking, including Trintellix, your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income.
We will then be able to determine whether you may be eligible for Trintellix assistance. If so, we’ll handle the full enrollment process for you. When enrolled in the Trintellix patient assistance program, we’ll also request your Trintellix medication refills on your behalf for up to one year.
Is NiceRx a Trintellix coupons provider?
NiceRx is a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Trintellix patient assistance program. We are not a Trintellix coupon, a Trintellix discount card, or a Trintellix copay card provider. We don’t offer printable Trintellix manufacturer coupons, Trintellix discounts, rebates, Trintellix savings cards, trial offers, or free Trintellix samples.
Can NiceRx help me get Trintellix if I have insurance?
We may be able to help you if:
- You have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility for Trintellix
- Your insurance company won’t pay for your Trintellix prescription
We may even be able to assist if you don’t have insurance. Complete your online enrollment application to find out more.
How much is Trintellix with insurance?
The cost of Trintellix with insurance will depend on your healthcare plan. Your pharmacist or insurance provider will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
How much does Trintellix cost without insurance?
Trintellix prices without insurance will vary by retailer. As a guide, a pack of 30, 20 mg Trintellix tablets will cost around $660.
What is Trintellix?
Trintellix is an antidepressant prescribed to adults to treat major depressive disorder (MMD). If you have MDD, your doctor may prescribe Trintellix to you, in addition to recommending other treatments. Trintellix works by increasing levels of a natural substance that regulates your brain activity called serotonin. This can reduce the severity of depressive episodes and help keep them at bay. You take Trintellix as a tablet you swallow.
Trintellix active ingredients
The active ingredient in Trintellix is called vortioxetine. It’s a type of antidepressant called a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI). When you swallow a Trintellix tablet, it releases vortioxetine into your bloodstream. Vortioxetine is then carried in your blood to your brain, where it slows down how quickly your brain cells reabsorb a substance called serotonin.
Serotonin is a neurotransmitter that helps regulate your brain function, particularly areas of your brain involved in mood, learning, and memory. Your brain cells reabsorb excess serotonin, but vortioxetine slows down how quickly this happens, causing serotonin levels to rise. This can rebalance your serotonin levels, and research has shown this can help to reduce the symptoms of depression.
Trintellix side effects & Trintellix drug interactions
The most common Trintellix side effects are:
- Nausea (feeling sick)
- Vomiting (being sick)
Sometimes, Trintellix can cause more serious side effects. These include:
- Severe allergic reactions to the medication
- An increased risk of suicidal thoughts and suicide, particularly in young adults
- Serotonin syndrome – a potentially life-threatening condition caused by high levels of serotonin
- An increased risk of bruising and bleeding, especially if taken with medications that can reduce blood clotting, like blood thinners, aspirin, or NSAIDs like ibuprofen
- An increased risk of developing eye problems, including eye pain, swelling, and changes in vision
- An increased risk of hypomania (manic episodes)
- Hyponatremia – low levels of sodium in your blood that can cause serious health problems and death
Trintellix can interact with other medications, including:
- Monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) medications, taken most often as antidepressants
- Tricyclic antidepressants
- Any selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) antidepressants
- Any serotonin norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor (SNRI) antidepressants
- Any other medications taken to treat major depressive disorder
- Any other medications that can affect your serotonin levels
- Buspirone, taken most often to treat anxiety disorders
- Any antipsychotic medications
- Opioid painkillers, like tramadol or fentanyl
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), like ibuprofen or naproxen
- Triptans, used to migraines
- Warfarin, an anticoagulant (blood thinner) taken to reduce the risk of blood clots
- An herbal supplement called St. John’s Wort
- Any anticonvulsant medicines, such as carbamazepine or phenytoin
- An antibiotic called rifampin
- Quinidine, taken to treat certain heart rhythm problems
Trintellix warnings & precautions
Antidepressants can increase the risk of suicidal thoughts and suicide in children and young adults, particularly during the first few months of treatment. Trintellix is not for use in children, but young adults taking it should be monitored for signs of sudden changes in behavior, mood, thoughts, or feelings. Seek urgent medical attention if you, or someone you care for, feels they are at risk of suicide.
Don’t take Trintellix if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient vortioxetine, or any of the other ingredients in Trintellix
- Are currently taking a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) antidepressant or have taken one in the last 14 days
- Are under 18 years of age
Talk to your doctor before taking Trintellix if you:
- Have bipolar disorder or mania
- Have any liver problems
- Have or have ever had seizures/convulsions
- Have or have ever had any problems with bleeding
- Have low salt (sodium) levels in your blood
- Regularly drink alcohol
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Trintellix research & news
Trintellix is a brand-name drug containing the active drug vortioxetine. It is an FDA-approved prescription medicat...Read more
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.