Your monthly Vibativ cost savings if eligible
If you are eligible to receive your Vibativ prescription through the patient assistance program, your medication will be free. We charge a flat monthly price of $49 per medication to cover the cost of our services.
Am I eligible for Vibativ patient assistance?
To be eligible for the Vibativ patient assistance program, you will need to meet specific eligibility criteria set by the pharmaceutical company. At NiceRx, we review each Vibativ enrollment application individually. The main factors considered are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Vibativ patient assistance program?
Applying for the Vibativ patient assistance program through NiceRx is simple. Begin by completing the enrollment application on our website. We will ask for details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers that supply your medication. We may be able to help you access patient assistance for other medications as well as Vibativ, so please tell us about any medications that you have been prescribed.
If we determine that you may be eligible for Vibativ assistance, we will handle the full enrollment process on your behalf. We will work with your healthcare provider to prepare and submit all the documents required for you to enroll. If you are successfully enrolled in the Vibativ patient assistance program, we will also request your Vibativ medication refills on your behalf for up to 1 year. At the end of your enrollment period, we will contact you for updated details and seek to re-enroll you in the program.
Is NiceRx a Vibativ coupons provider?
NiceRx does not provide Vibativ coupons, discount cards or copay cards. We do not offer printable Vibativ manufacturer coupons, Vibativ discounts, rebates, Vibativ savings cards, trial offers, or free samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access patient assistance programs. Our service cost is $49 a month per medication, so you will likely save more on your Vibativ medication with NiceRx.
Can NiceRx help me get Vibativ if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you access Vibativ patient assistance if:
- You have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility for Vibativ
- Your insurance company will not pay for your Vibativ prescription
- You do not have insurance
Complete your enrollment application online to find out more.
How much is Vibativ with insurance?
Your individual healthcare plan will determine the cost of Vibativ with insurance. To find out what you will need to pay, contact your pharmacist or insurance provider. They will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
How much does Vibativ cost without insurance?
Vibativ prices without insurance will vary by retailer. As a guide, Vibativ intravenous powder for injection 750 mg will typically cost around $6,850 for 12 powders for injection.
What is Vibativ?
Vibativ contains the prescription medicine telavancin, which is classed as an antibacterial medication. Vibativ may be used alone or in combination with other medications for the treatment of bacterial infections. Vibativ is used to treat severe skin infections, Hospital-Acquired Bacterial Pneumonia (HABP), and Ventilator-Associated Bacterial Pneumonia (VABP).
Vibativ should only be used when alternative treatments are not suitable. It is not known if Vibativ is safe or effective to use in children.
Vibativ active ingredients
Telavancin prevents the formation of cell walls by binding to peptidoglycan. Peptidoglycan is needed to form the bacterial cell wall. Telavancin also attaches itself to the bacteria’s membrane, causing disruption of the function of the bacterial cell membrane.
Vibativ is given as an infusion into a vein. A healthcare professional will give your first dose and will teach you how to use the medication by yourself. Vibativ is normally given once every 24 hours for 7 to 21 days. The infusion can take at least 1 hour to complete and so must be given slowly. Vibativ must be mixed with a liquid and then diluted in an IV bag before using it. Only prepare the injection when you are ready to give it. Your kidney function will need to be checked before, during, and after treatment with Vibativ. Missing doses can increase your risk of infection that is resistant to medication. Vibativ will not treat a viral infection such as the flu or a cold.
Vibativ side effects
The most common side effects caused by Vibativ include:
- Nausea, vomiting
- Foamy urine
- Changes in your sense of taste
In rare instances, Vibativ can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Watery or bloody diarrhea, severe stomach pain
- Irregular heartbeats, shortness of breath, feeling light-headed or dizziness
- Difficulty urinating, swelling in your ankles or feet, weight gain
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Vibativ against your risk of side effects.
Vibativ drug interactions
Vibativ can interact with other medications. These include:
- Treatments for irregular heartbeat – amiodarone, dronedarone
- Treatments for mood disorders such as schizophrenia – clozapine, haloperidol
- SSRI’s (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors) anti-depressants – citalopram, escitalopram
- Treatments for multiple sclerosis – fingolimod, ozanimod, siponimod
- Antibiotics for bacterial infection – clarithromycin, erythromycin
- Antifungal treatments – fluconazole, ketoconazole
This list is not exhaustive and other drugs may interact with Vibativ.
Vibativ warning and precautions
You should not use Vibativ if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient telavancin
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Vibativ
- Are using a certain type of heparin
Talk to your doctor before using Vibativ if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Vibativ
- Have kidney problems
- Have diabetes
- Have heart disease or high blood pressure
- Have a family history of long-QT syndrome
- Are allergic to vancomycin
- Have routine “INR” or prothrombin time tests
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.