Afinitor Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Afinitor medication.Get started today
- Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
- Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
- Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
An introduction to NiceRx(01:52)
Next steps after qualifying(00:38)
Uploading documents and billing(00:50)
SSN & billing information(00:33)
Medication delivery time(00:41)
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are qualified.
You may be required to submit further information and documents required by the pharmaceutical company which can be securely uploaded online.
Your application is created and sent to your doctor for signature. At this stage, you will be billed $49 and will not be billed again until you receive your first medication delivery.
Your application is sent to the pharmaceutical company. You will be billed again once you receive your medication. We handle the entire ordering process including requesting ongoing refills.
Your monthly Afinitor cost savings if eligible
If you’re eligible for the Afinitor patient assistance program you could get your essential medication for a monthly fee of $49. Each month, you could save:
|Strength||Avg. monthly price at
a US pharmacy
|2.5mg 30 tablets||$16,500.00||$49.00||$16,451.00|
|5mg 30 tablets||$17,300.00||$49.00||$17,251.00|
|7.5mg 30 tablets||$17,300.00||$49.00||$17,251.00|
|10mg 30 tablets||$17,300.00||$49.00||$17,251.00|
Am I eligible for the Afinitor patient assistance program?
We will assess your potential eligibility for the Afinitor patient assistance program. At this stage, please note that the eligibility criteria will likely include:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Afinitor patient assistance program?
Our process is simple and straightforward. Fill in our online enrollment application and provide details about all medications you’re taking, including Afinitor. You must also provide details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income.
Having reviewed these details, we will determine whether you are eligible for Afinitor assistance. If so, NiceRx will handle the full enrollment process for you. Once you are enrolled in the program, we’ll also request your Afinitor medication refills on your behalf for up to 12 months.
Is NiceRx an Afinitor coupons provider?
NiceRx is not an Afinitor coupons provider. NiceRx is a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Afinitor patient assistance program. We are not an Afinitor discount card, or an Afinitor copay card provider.
When looking for cheap Afinitor, consider that you will likely save more through the Afinitor patient assistance program. You will never pay more than $49 per month. This is likely to be much more affordable and reliable for ongoing medication than Afinitor manufacturer coupons, Afinitor discounts, rebates, Afinitor savings cards, trial offers, or free Afinitor samples.
Can NiceRx help me get Afinitor if I have insurance?
We may be able to assist if you have insurance but are not covered for Afinitor medication. Apply online to find out more. We also may be able to help if you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility, or if you don’t have insurance.
How much is Afinitor with insurance?
The cost of Afinitor with insurance will depend on the terms of your healthcare plan. Contact your insurance provider or pharmacist for an estimate of your copay with your current insurance.
How much does Afinitor cost without insurance?
Afinitor prices without insurance will vary depending on the amount and the dose you buy, and where you buy it from. As a guide, a pack of 28, 5 mg Afinitor tablets will cost around $17,000.
What is Afinitor?
Afinitor is a prescription medication used to treat a range of cancers and tumors, specifically:
- Advanced hormone receptor-positive HER2-negative breast cancer in postmenopausal women who have already received certain other cancer medicines (Afinitor is taken alongside a medicine called exemestane)
- A type of pancreatic cancer called pancreatic neuroendocrine tumor (PNET) in adults if it has progressed and can’t be treated with surgery
- An advanced kidney cancer called renal cell carcinoma (RCC) in adults if certain other cancer medications haven’t worked
- A kidney tumor called an angiomyolipoma in adults, caused by a genetic condition called tuberous sclerosis complex (TSC), if the tumor doesn’t require surgery right away
- A brain tumor called subependymal giant cell astrocytoma (SEGA) in adults and children aged one year and over, caused by a genetic condition called tuberous sclerosis complex (TSC), when the tumor cannot be removed completely by surgery
Afinitor isn’t a chemotherapy, it’s a targeted therapy that can kill specific cancerous cells in tumors. Because it’s targeted, Afinitor can cause less damage to healthy cells than other treatments, resulting in fewer side effects. You take Afinitor as an oral tablet. The number of tablets you take, how often, and when, will depend on your condition and medical history.
Afinitor active ingredients
The active ingredient in Afinitor is called everolimus. It targets and kills cancerous cells and cells inside tumors. Everolimus does this in two ways. Firstly, it stops an enzyme working inside the tumor cells that they need to grow and multiply, called kinase. Secondly, everolimus makes it harder for tumors to develop blood vessels that supply them with the oxygen and nutrients they need to survive. Both of these effects mean everolimus can slow the growth of your tumors and kill them.
Afinitor side effects & Afinitor drug interactions
Across conditions, the most common side effects caused by Afinitor include:
- Nose bleeds
- Feeling dizzy
- A dry mouth
- Feeling weak
- Difficulty sleeping (insomnia)
- Inflammation of the lining of your digestive system
- Feeling sick (nausea)
- Being sick (vomiting)
- Loss of appetite
- Weight loss
- Dry, itchy skin, and skin rashes
- Swelling in parts of your body, like your hands, feet, ankles, or face
- Joint pain
- Shortness of breath
- An increased risk of infections
- Mouth ulcers that can become open sores in your mouth
- High blood glucose (diabetes)
- High blood pressure
- Decreased blood phosphate levels
- Decreased red blood cell, white blood cell, or platelet levels
- Hair loss
- Muscle spasms
- Anxiety, aggression, and other unusual behaviors
- Missing menstrual periods
Afinitor can cause more serious, but rarer, side effects, including:
- Severe allergic reactions to the medication
- Severe lung or breathing problems that can be fatal
- Kidney damage and kidney failure
- An increased risk of serious infections, like tuberculosis, pneumonia, or a reactivation of hepatitis infections in people who have had them previously
Afinitor can interact with other medications, including:
- Any medications to treat heart conditions, high blood pressure, tuberculosis, or seizures
- Any HIV/AIDS medications
- Any antifungal medications
- Any antibiotics to treat bacterial infections
- Any medications that affect your immune system, like immunosuppressants
- An herbal supplement called St. John’s Wort (Hypericum perforatum)
Afinitor warnings & precautions
Don’t take Afinitor if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient everolimus
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Afinitor
- Are allergic to the medication sirolimus (Rapamune)
- Are allergic to the medication temsirolimus (Torisel)
Talk to your doctor before taking Afinitor if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Afinitor
- Have diabetes (high blood sugar)
- Have high cholesterol levels
- Have, or have had any liver problems
- Have, or have had any kidney problems
- Have previously had hepatitis B
- Have a current infection
- Are planning to have any vaccinations
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.