Tagrisso Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Tagrisso medication.Get started today
- Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
- Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
- Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
Your monthly Tagrisso cost savings if eligible
The Tagrisso patient assistance program can provide your medication for free. We simply charge $49 a month per medication to cover the cost of our services. With NiceRx, you will only pay $49 to obtain your Tagrisso, regardless of the retail price.
Am I eligible for the Tagrisso patient assistance program?
To find out if you are eligible for Tagrisso assistance you can apply online using our enrollment application. Each pharmaceutical company sets its eligibility criteria, and we will review your application individually to determine if you may be eligible. The three main factors to consider are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Tagrisso patient assistance program?
Our application process aims to make it as easy as possible to apply for the Tagrisso patient assistance program. The first step is to complete our online enrollment application. We will ask you for details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income as this information is required by the pharmaceutical companies. We may be able to help you apply for other patient assistance programs too, so be sure to tell us about any medications you are taking as well as Tagrisso.
NiceRx will review your application and determine whether you may be eligible for Tagrisso assistance. If so, we will handle the full enrollment process for you and prepare all required documents for your healthcare provider to sign. Once you are successfully enrolled in the Tagrisso patient assistance program, we will help you manage your prescription refills by requesting refills on your behalf throughout your enrollment period. At the end of your enrollment period we will contact you for updated information and seek to re-enroll you so you can continue to access affordable Tagrisso.
Is NiceRx a Tagrisso coupons provider?
NiceRx is a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Tagrisso patient assistance program. We do not offer trial offers or free Tagrisso samples. When obtaining your medication through NiceRx, you will only pay $49 a month per medication. This will likely save you more money than if you were to use Tagrisso coupons, discount cards, or Tagrisso copay cards.
Can NiceRx help me get Tagrisso if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you if your insurance company will not pay for your Tagrisso medication. We may also be able to help if you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility. Whether you have insurance or not, apply online using our enrollment application to find out more.
How much is Tagrisso with insurance?
The cost of Tagrisso will vary by the terms of your healthcare plan. To find out what you might need to pay for Tagrisso with insurance, your insurance provider or pharmacist will be able to help you calculate the copay costs with your current insurance.
How much does Tagrisso cost without insurance?
Tagrisso prices without insurance will vary depending on how much you buy. Prices will also vary by retailer. As a guide, Tagrisso tablets 40 mg typically costs $16,000 for 30 tablets.
What is Tagrisso?
Tagrisso contains the prescription medicine osimertinib. Osimertinib is used to treat non-small cell lung cancer that has epidermal growth factor receptor as a genetic marker. Your doctor will carry out a test to make sure Tagrisso is correct for you.
Tagrisso is normally given after other treatments have not worked:
- To stop your lung cancer from coming back after you’ve had surgery to remove the tumor
- As your first treatment if your lung cancer has spread to other parts of your body
- If your lung cancer has spread to other parts of your body and your treatment has not worked or stopped working
It is not known if Tagrisso is safe and effective in children.
Tagrisso active ingredients
Osimertinib blocks the action of an enzyme in the body called kinase. Kinase normally attaches to and stimulates the epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR). Stimulation of this receptor causes epidermal growth factor (EGF) to stimulate the growth and spread of different types of cells in your body.
In the body, osimertinib is thought to be converted into two more active versions of itself that have a greater effect on blocking the effect of kinase. This ultimately leads to a reduction in the growth and spread of cancer cells in your body.
Tagrisso side effects
The most common side effects caused by Tagrisso include:
- Loss of appetite
- Mouth sores, dry skin, or rash
- Feeling tired
- Infection or other problems with your fingernails or toenails
In rare instances, Tagrisso can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Vision problems – more sensitive to light, pain or red eye, watery eyes
- Sudden chest pain, short of breath, wheezing
- Heart rate increased
- Feeling light-headed or faint
- Rapid weight gain
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Tagrisso against your risk of side effects.
Tagrisso drug interactions
Tagrisso can interact with other medications. These include:
- Antidepressants taken for depression or anxiety – amitryptiline, citalopram, sertraline
- Anticonvulsants taken for seizures – carbamazepine, phenobarbital, phenytoin
- Medication taken for an irregular heartbeat – amiodarone, dronedarone
- Antibiotics taken to treat infections – clarithromycin, lomefloxacin, ofloxacin
- Antiviral medication – atazanavir, fostemsavir, ritonavir
- Treatments for cancer – ribociclib, gilteritinib, entrectinib
- Immunosuppressive treatments – leflunomide, teriflunomide
This list is not exhaustive and other drugs may interact with Tagrisso.
Tagrisso warning and precautions
You should not use Tagrisso if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient osimertinib
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Tagrisso
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Talk to your doctor before using Tagrisso if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Tagrisso
- Have any breathing problems
- Have, or have a family history of long QT syndrome
- Have high or low levels of calcium, potassium, or magnesium in your blood or any other electrolyte imbalance
- Any eye problems
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.