Aristada Initio Coupon & Prices
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Aristada Initio medication with our help.Get Started Now
Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
Convenient: Your medication is delivered straight to your door
Ongoing refills: Your medication is refilled automatically
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible for assistance.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are pre-qualified. The pharmaceutical company provides your medication for free, and you only pay our service fee.
We will request documents to be submitted by you and your healthcare provider that are required by the pharmaceutical company to complete your enrollment.
Once approved, the pharmaceutical company typically ships a 90-day supply of medication to your home or healthcare provider’s address. Final acceptance is determined by the pharmaceutical company.
Your monthly Aristada Initio cost savings if eligible
With our assistance, you could access the Aristada Initio patient assistance program and obtain your medication for free. We only charge a flat monthly fee of $49 per medication for our services.
Am I eligible for Aristada Initio patient assistance?
We review each Aristada Initio enrollment application individually to determine if you are eligible. Each assistance program has its own eligibility criteria and the factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Aristada Initio patient assistance program?
Our process makes it as easy as possible to apply for the Aristada Initio patient assistance program. Begin by completing the enrollment application form on our website. Tell us about any medications that you are taking, including Aristada Initio, your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers who will supply the medication, so it is important to make sure this information is accurate and up to date.
We will review the information that you have provided to determine whether you are eligible for patient assistance. If we can pre-qualify you for assistance, NiceRx will handle the full enrollment process on your behalf. If you are approved by the pharmaceutical company, you will typically start receiving your medication in 6 – 8 weeks.
Is NiceRx an Aristada Initio coupon provider?
NiceRx is not an Aristada Initio coupon, Aristada Initio discount card, or Aristada Initio copay card provider. We do not offer Aristada Initio manufacturer coupons, Aristada Initio discounts, rebates, Aristada Initio savings cards, trial offers, or free Aristada Initio samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access their medication directly from the U.S. pharmaceutical company.
Can NiceRx help me get Aristada Initio cheaper if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you if:
- You have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility for Aristada Initio
- Your insurance company will not pay for your Aristada Initio prescription
- Your healthcare plan does not cover your medication
- You do not have insurance
Please apply online to find out if we can help you.
How much does Aristada Initio cost without insurance?
Without insurance, Aristada Initio costs will vary depending on where you buy the medication as prices will vary by retailer. As a guide, Aristada Initio intramuscular suspension, extended-release (675 mg/2.4 mL) will cost around $2,350 for 2.4 milliliters.
How much does Aristada Initio cost with insurance?
The copay for Aristada Initio will depend on the terms of your healthcare plan. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance. Contact them to find out more.
What is Aristada Initio?
Aristada Initio is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved medication manufactured by Alkermes, Inc. It is an atypical antipsychotic indicated for the treatment of schizophrenia in adults
Elderly patients with dementia-related psychosis treated with antipsychotic drugs are at an increased risk of death. Aristada Initio is not approved for the treatment of patients with dementia-related psychosis.
What doses of Aristada Initio are available?
Aristada Initio is available as an extended-release injectable suspension formulation, in the following doses: 441 mg, 662 mg, 882 mg, or 1064 mg single-dose pre-filled syringe.
Administer by intramuscular injection in the deltoid or gluteal muscle by a healthcare professional. For patients naïve to aripiprazole, establish tolerability with oral aripiprazole prior to initiating treatment. There are two options for initiating treatment with Aristada:
- Administer one injection of 675 mg of Aristada Initio and one 30 mg dose of oral aripiprazole
- Administer 21 consecutive days of oral aripiprazole in conjunction with the first Aristada injection
Aristada can be initiated at a dose of 441 mg, 662 mg, or 882 mg administered monthly, 882 mg dose every 6 weeks, or 1064 mg dose every 2 months. Adjustments may be required for missed doses. Dose adjustments are required for known CYP2D6 poor metabolizers and for patients taking CYP3A4 inhibitors, CYP2D6 inhibitors, or CYP3A4 inducers for more than 2 weeks.
Please see the full prescribing information for the complete boxed warning and always speak with a healthcare professional about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Aristada Initio active ingredients
The active ingredient of Aristada Initio is aripiprazole lauroxil.
Aristada Initio side effects
The most common side effects of Aristada Initio in clinical trials compared to placebo include:
In rare instances, Aristada Initio can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Cerebrovascular adverse reactions in elderly patients with dementia-related psychosis
- Potential for dosing and medication errors – substitution and dispensing errors between Aristada and Aristada Initio could occur
- Neuroleptic malignant syndrome
- Tardive dyskinesia
- Metabolic changes – monitor for hyperglycemia (high blood sugar), dyslipidemia, and weight gain
- Pathological gambling and other compulsive behaviors
- Orthostatic hypotension – monitor heart rate and blood pressure and warn patients with known cardiovascular or cerebrovascular disease, and risk of dehydration or syncope
- Leukopenia, neutropenia, and agranulocytosis – perform complete blood counts in patients with a history of a clinically significant low white blood cell (WBC) count
- Seizures – use with caution in patients with a history of seizures or with conditions that lower the seizure threshold
- Potential for cognitive and motor impairment
Your caregiver will assess the benefits of using Aristada Initio against your risk of side effects. Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions of Aristada Initio to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Aristada Initio drug interactions
Aristada Initio can interact with other medications. These include:
- Strong CYP3A4 Inhibitors and strong CYP2D6 Inhibitors – itraconazole, clarithromycin, quinidine, fluoxetine, paroxetine
- Strong CYP3A4 Inducers – carbamazepine, rifampin
- Antihypertensive Drugs – carvedilol, lisinopril, prazosin
- Benzodiazepines – lorazepam
This list is not exhaustive and other prescription drugs may interact with Aristada Initio.
Aristada Initio contraindications
You should not use Aristada Initio if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient aripiprazole lauroxil
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Aristada Initio
Talk to your doctor before using Aristada Initio if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Aristada Initio
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant – may cause extrapyramidal and/or withdrawal symptoms in neonates in women exposed during the third trimester of pregnancy
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Aristada Initio generic
Aristada Initio is the trademark brand name for aripiprazole lauroxil manufactured by Alkermes, Inc. A generic version of aripiprazole lauroxil is not available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Aristada Initio savings through NiceRx.
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program. Subject to medication availability and acceptance by the pharmaceutical companies. NiceRx is not responsible for any delays or rejection by the pharmaceutical companies.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.