How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible for assistance.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are pre-qualified. The pharmaceutical company provides your medication for free, and you only pay our service fee.
We will request documents to be submitted by you and your healthcare provider that are required by the pharmaceutical company to complete your enrollment.
Once approved, the pharmaceutical company typically ships a 90-day supply of medication to your home or healthcare provider’s address. Final acceptance is determined by the pharmaceutical company.
Your monthly Aristada cost savings if eligible
The Aristada patient assistance program can provide your medication for free. We simply charge $49 per month for each medication to cover the cost of our services. With NiceRx, you will only pay $49 to obtain your Aristada, regardless of the retail price.
Am I eligible for the Aristada patient assistance program?
To find out if you are eligible for Aristada assistance you can apply online using our enrollment application. Each pharmaceutical company sets its eligibility criteria, and we will review your application individually to determine if you may be eligible. The three main factors to consider are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Aristada patient assistance program?
Our application process aims to make it as easy as possible to apply for the Aristada patient assistance program. The first step is to complete our online enrollment application. We will ask you for details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income as this information is required by the pharmaceutical companies. We may be able to help you apply for other patient assistance programs too, so be sure to tell us about any medications you are taking as well as Aristada.
NiceRx will review your application and determine whether you may be eligible for Aristada assistance. If so, we will handle the full enrollment process for you and prepare all required documents for your healthcare provider to sign. Once you are successfully enrolled in the Aristada patient assistance program, we will help you manage your prescription refills by requesting refills on your behalf throughout your enrollment period. At the end of your enrollment period, we will contact you for updated information and seek to re-enroll you so you can continue to access affordable Aristada.
Is NiceRx an Aristada coupons provider?
NiceRx is a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Aristada patient assistance program. We do not offer trial offers or free Aristada samples. When obtaining your medication through NiceRx, you will only pay $49 a month per medication. This will likely save you more money than if you were to use Aristada coupons, discount cards, or Aristada copay cards.
Can NiceRx help me get Aristada if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you if your insurance company will not pay for your Aristada medication. We may also be able to help if you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility. Whether you have insurance or not, apply online using our enrollment application to find out more.
How much does Aristada cost without insurance?
Aristada prices without insurance will vary depending on how much you buy. Prices will also vary by retailer. As a guide, Aristada intramuscular suspension, extended-release (441 mg/1.6 mL) typically costs $1,485 for 1.6 milliliters.
How much does Aristada cost with insurance?
The copay for Aristada will vary by the terms of your healthcare plan. To find out what you might need to pay for Aristada with insurance, your insurance provider or pharmacist will be able to help you calculate the copay costs with your current insurance.
What is Aristada?
Aristada is an FDA (Food and Drug Administration)-approved medication manufactured by Alkermes, Inc. Aristada is an atypical antipsychotic indicated for the treatment of schizophrenia. Aristada Initio in combination with oral aripiprazole is indicated for the initiation of Aristada when used for the treatment of schizophrenia in adults.
Elderly patients with dementia-related psychosis being treated with antipsychotic drugs are at an increased risk of death. Aristada is not approved for the treatment of patients with dementia-related psychosis.
What doses of Aristada are available?
Aristada is an extended-release injectable suspension, in the following doses: 441 mg, 662 mg, or 882 mg single-use pre-filled syringe
Aristada is administered by intramuscular injection in the deltoid (Aristada 441 mg dose only) or gluteal muscle (441 mg, 662 mg, or 882 mg) by a healthcare professional.
For patients naïve to aripiprazole, establish tolerability with oral aripiprazole before initiating treatment with Aristada.
Aristada can be started at a dose of 441 mg, 662 mg, or 882 mg. Administered monthly, or 882 mg dose every 6 weeks.
With the first Aristada injection, administer treatment with oral aripiprazole for 21 consecutive days. Dosing adjustments may be required for missed doses.
Dose adjustments are required for, known CYP2D6 poor metabolizers and for patients taking CYP3A4 inhibitors, CYP2D6 inhibitors, or CYP3A4 inducers for more than 2 weeks.
Patients who have monthly intramuscular injections of Abilify Maintena 400 mg, and have maintained steady-state concentrations, can switch to Aristada 882 mg injection four weeks after their last Abilify Maintena injection.
Please refer to the prescribing information including a boxed warning of oral aripiprazole for the recommended dosage and administration of the oral formulation.
Always speak with your healthcare provider about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Aristada active Ingredients
Aristada (aripiprazole) is classed as an atypical antipsychotic medication. It helps to treat several mental health conditions, including schizophrenia and bipolar disorder.
Aristada side effects
The most common side effects caused by Aristada in clinical trials include:
- Akathisia (feeling restless)
- Pain or redness at the injection site
- Weight gain
In rare instances, Aristada can cause more serious adverse effects. These can include:
- Neuroleptic malignant syndrome (NMS) – very stiff muscles, high fever, sweating, confusion, memory impairment, irregular heartbeats, tremors, feeling faint
- Tardive dyskinesia – uncontrolled muscle movements in your face, chewing, lip-smacking, frowning, tongue movement, blinking, or eye movement
- Problems controlling your body temperature – feeling uncomfortably warm or hot
- Orthostatic hypotension (decreased blood pressure) – lightheaded or faint when you rise too quickly from a sitting or lying position
- Difficulty swallowing
- Low blood cell counts – sudden weakness or ill feeling, fever, chills, sore throat, painful mouth sores, swollen gums, skin sores, cold or flu symptoms, cough, trouble breathing
- High blood sugar – increased thirst or urination, hunger, dry mouth, fruity breath odor
- Increased sexual urges, unusual urges to gamble, or other intense urges while using this medicine
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Aristada against your risk of side effects.
Get emergency medical help if you have signs of an allergic reaction to Aristada hives; difficult breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions of Aristada to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Aristada drug interactions
Aristada can interact with other medications. These include:
- Strong CYP3A4 Inhibitors – itraconazole, clarithromycin
- Strong CYP2D6 inhibitors – quinidine, fluoxetine, paroxetine
- Strong CYP3A4 inducers – carbamazepine, rifampin
- Antihypertensive drugs
- Benzodiazepines – lorazepam
This list is not exhaustive and other drugs may interact with Aristada.
You should not use Aristada if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient aripiprazole lauroxil
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Aristada
Talk to your doctor before using Aristada if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Aristada
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed – Aristada can pass into your breast milk. It is not known if it may harm your baby
- Have had heart disease, heart attack, or stroke
- Have high or low blood pressure
- Have high blood sugar – Aristada can cause high blood sugar (hyperglycemia)
- Suffer from seizures
- Have low white blood cell counts – this may increase your risk of leukopenia or neutropenia
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant – your name may be listed on a pregnancy registry
Aristada is the trademark brand name for aripiprazole lauroxil manufactured by Alkermes, Inc. A generic version of aripiprazole lauroxil is not available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Aristada savings through NiceRx.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.