Basaglar Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Basaglar medication.Get started today
- Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
- Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
- Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
Your monthly Basaglar cost savings if eligible
With NiceRx, you could receive your Basaglar prescription for a flat fee of $49 per month. Every month, you could save:
|Strength||Avg. monthly price at
a US pharmacy
|100mg/ml 5 x 3ml syringes||$339.00||$49.00||$290.00|
Am I eligible for the Basaglar patient assistance program?
To find out if you meet the eligibility criteria for Basaglar assistance you can apply online through NiceRx. We review each Basaglar assistance program application individually, but the main factors considered by most programs will likely include:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Basaglar patient assistance program?
Our application process is set up to make it as easy as possible to apply for the Basaglar patient assistance program. The first step is to complete our online enrollment application. You will need to let us know about any medication you’re taking, including Basaglar. We’ll also need details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income.
Having reviewed your application, we will be able to determine whether you may be eligible for Basaglar assistance. If so, we’ll handle the full enrollment process for you. Once you’re enrolled in the Basaglar patient assistance program, we’ll also request your Basaglar medication refills on your behalf for up to 12 months.
Is NiceRx a Basaglar coupons provider?
NiceRx is a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Basaglar patient assistance program. We are not a Basaglar coupon, a Basaglar discount card, or a Basaglar copay card provider. Remember that if you are looking for coupons for Basaglar or cheap Basaglar, you can likely save more with NiceRx. This is the case if you are looking for printable Basaglar manufacturer coupons, Basaglar discounts, rebates, Basaglar savings cards, trial offers, or free Basaglar samples.
When obtaining your Basaglar medication through NiceRx, your total cost for the medication will always be $49 per month.
Can NiceRx help me get Basaglar if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to assist if your insurance company won’t pay for your Pristiq medication, or you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility. We could even help you if you don’t have insurance. Fill out your online enrollment application on our website to find out more.
How much is Basaglar with insurance?
The cost of Basaglar will vary by the terms of your healthcare plan. To find out what you might need to pay for this mediation with insurance, your insurance provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
How much does Basaglar cost without insurance?
Basaglar prices without insurance will vary depending on if you buy Basaglar solution or KwikPen prefilled injectable pens. Prices will also vary by retailer. As a guide, the list price for a pack of 5, 15 m Basaglar KwikPens is $326.36.
What is Basaglar?
Basaglar is a long-acting form of insulin used to reduce high blood sugar levels. It’s prescribed to:
- Adults with type 1 or type 2 diabetes
- Children aged six or over with type 1 diabetes
Basaglar can help you lower your blood sugar levels, by working in the same way as the insulin your body naturally produces. The medication helps your cells absorb sugar from your blood. Basaglar is slow-acting, so one injection can keep working for up to 24 hours. You inject Basaglar under your skin (subcutaneous injection), using a syringe or a prefilled injectable KwikPen.
Basaglar active ingredients
The active ingredient in Basaglar is called insulin glargine. It’s a type of synthetic (man-made) insulin that’s similar to the insulin your body makes naturally. One of the main differences is that it has been designed to be slower acting.
When you inject Basaglar under your skin, insulin glargine is released into your bloodstream. Insulin glargine travels around your body and attaches itself to cells. As it does so, it causes your cells to release a substance that helps them absorb sugar from your blood. Insulin glargine can keep working for up to 24 hours, covering your insulin needs for up to a day.
Basaglar side effects & Basaglar drug interactions
When Basaglar does cause side effects, the following are the most common:
- Reactions at the site of injection, like itching, rashes, skin thickening, or pits forming in your skin (lipodystrophy)
- Weight gain
- Allergic reactions
- Low blood sugar
In rare instances, Basaglar can cause more serious side effects. These may include:
- Severe allergic reactions to the medication
- Heart failure
- Your blood sugar falling too low and dangerous levels (hypoglycemia)
- Low potassium levels in your blood (hypokalemia)
Basaglar can interact with other medications, including:
- Thiazolidinedione (TZD), taken to treat diabetes
- Any other diabetes medications
- Beta-blockers, taken to treat high blood pressure
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors, taken to treat high blood pressure and certain heart conditions
- Sulfonamide antibiotics
- Fibrates, taken to lower blood triglyceride levels
- Corticosteroids such as cortisone
- Protease inhibitors, taken for HIV/AIDS
- Diuretics, taken to make you urinate more
- Thyroid hormones, taken to treat thyroid gland disorders
- Pentamidine, an antimicrobial medication
If you’re unsure if you’re taking any of these, take the packaging of all your medications and supplements to your doctor or pharmacist.
Basaglar warnings & precautions
Don’t take Basaglar if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient insulin glargine
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Basaglar
- Are under 18 years of age for type 2 diabetes
- Are under six years of age for type 1 diabetes
Talk to your doctor before taking Basaglar if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Basaglar
- Have any heart problems
- Have any have liver or kidney problems
- Have low levels of potassium in your blood
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
- Are over 65 years of age
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.