Your monthly Levemir Flextouch cost savings if eligible
The Levemir Flextouch patient assistance program can provide your medication for free. We simply charge $49 a month per medication to cover the cost of our services. With NiceRx, you will only pay $49 to obtain your Levemir Flextouch, regardless of the retail price.
|Avg. monthly price at
a US pharmacy
|100 units/ml 3ml - 5 flextouch pens
Am I eligible for the Levemir Flextouch patient assistance program?
To find out if you are eligible for Levemir Flextouch assistance you can apply online using our enrollment application. Each pharmaceutical company sets its eligibility criteria, and we will review your application individually to determine if you may be eligible. The three main factors to consider are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Levemir Flextouch patient assistance program?
Our application process aims to make it as easy as possible to apply for the Levemir Flextouch patient assistance program. The first step is to complete our online enrollment application. We will ask you for details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income as this information is required by the pharmaceutical companies. We may be able to help you apply for other patient assistance programs too, so be sure to tell us about any medications you are taking as well as Levemir Flextouch.
NiceRx will review your application and determine whether you may be eligible for Levemir Flextouch assistance. If so, we will handle the full enrollment process for you and prepare all required documents for your healthcare provider to sign. Once you are successfully enrolled in the Levemir Flextouch patient assistance program, we will help you manage your prescription refills by requesting refills on your behalf throughout your enrollment period. At the end of your enrollment period we will contact you for updated information and seek to re-enroll you so you can continue to access affordable Levemir Flextouch.
Is NiceRx a Levemir Flextouch coupons provider?
NiceRx is a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Levemir Flextouch patient assistance program. We do not offer trial offers or free Levemir Flextouch samples. When obtaining your medication through NiceRx, you will only pay $49 a month per medication. This will likely save you more money than if you were to use Levemir Flextouch coupons, discount cards, or Levemir Flextouch copay cards.
Can NiceRx help me get Levemir Flextouch if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you if your insurance company will not pay for your Levemir Flextouch medication. We may also be able to help if you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility. Whether you have insurance or not, apply online using our enrollment application to find out more.
How much is Levemir Flextouch with insurance?
The cost of Levemir Flextouch will vary by the terms of your healthcare plan. To find out what you might need to pay for Levemir Flextouch with insurance, your insurance provider or pharmacist will be able to help you calculate the copay costs with your current insurance.
How much does Levemir Flextouch cost without insurance?
Levemir Flextouch prices without insurance will vary depending on how much you buy. Prices will also vary by retailer. As a guide, 5 Levemir Flextouch 3 mL pens (100units/mL) typically cost $490.00.
What is Levemir Flextouch?
Levemir is a man-made version of the hormone insulin that is produced normally in the body. Insulin works by reducing glucose (sugar) in the blood. Levemir is a long-acting insulin that starts to work several hours after injection and keeps working for up to 24 hours.
Levemir is used to improve blood sugar control in adults and children aged 2 or older with diabetes mellitus. Diabetes mellitus is a condition where the body can not use glucose normally. Glucose is the main source of energy for cells in your body.
Levemir is given as an injection under your skin. It should be used as part of a complete treatment program that may also include diet, exercise, weight control, blood sugar testing, and special medical care. Levemir may be used alone or in combination with other medications.
Levemir Flextouch active ingredients
The main function of insulin detemir is the management of glucose metabolism. Insulins attach to insulin receptors in the body, stimulating cells in the skeletal muscle and adipose tissue to absorb glucose. Levemir also stops the production of glucose by the liver, blocks the breakdown of fats in the body as well as the breakdown of proteins into smaller polypeptides and amino acids. Insulin also helps to promote the production of proteins.
Levemir Flextouch side effects
The most common side effects caused by Levemir Flextouch include:
- Hypoglycemia – low blood sugar
- Skin rash, itching, thickening of skin or pits where the shot is given
- Weight gain
- Swollen hands or feet
In rare instances, Levemir Flextouch can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Hypokalemia – irregular heartbeats, shortness of breath, increased thirst and urination, feeling weak, leg cramps, constipation
- Fluid retention – weight gain, swelling in your hands or feet, difficulty breathing
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Levemir Flextouch against your risk of side effects.
Levemir Flextouch drug interactions
Levemir Flextouch can interact with other medications. These include:
- Antibiotics such as cinoxacin, ciprofloxacin, enoxacin, norfloxacin, ofloxacin
- Thiazolidinedione medications (TZDs) such as pioglitazone and rosiglitazone, taken to treat diabetes
- Any other diabetes medications – metformin, glipizide
- Any atypical antipsychotic medications – clozapine, olanzapine, and quetiapine
- Alcohol or any medications that contain alcohol
- Angiotensin II receptor blockers such as candesartan, losartan, and valsartan, taken to treat high blood pressure
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors such as captopril, enalapril, and perindopril, taken to treat high blood pressure and certain heart conditions
- Antidepressants, including monoamine oxidase inhibitors and selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors – phenelzine, selegiline, and sertraline
- Beta 2-stimulants taken to treat asthma – salmeterol, formoterol
- Beta-blockers taken to treat high blood pressure – propranolol, sotalol
- Clonidine taken to treat a range of conditions including high blood pressure
- Corticosteroids such as cortisone and prednisolone
- Diuretics taken to make you lose water and salt, usually to treat high blood pressure – bumetanide, furosemide
- Estrogen containing drugs including birth control and hormone replacements
- Fenofibrate taken to lower blood triglyceride levels
- Thyroid hormones taken to treat thyroid gland disorders – levothyroxine, liothyronine
This list is not exhaustive and other drugs may interact with Levemir Flextouch.
Levemir Flextouch warning and precautions
You should not use Levemir Flextouch if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient insulin detemir
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Levemir Flextouch
- Have low blood sugar (hypoglycemia)
Talk to your doctor before using Levemir Flextouch if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Levemir Flextouch
- Have or had hypokalemia (low potassium blood levels)
- Have any problems with your liver
- Have any problems with your kidneys
- Are taking pioglitazone or rosiglitazone
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.