Darzalex Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Darzalex medication.Get started today
- Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
- Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
- Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
Your monthly Darzalex cost savings if eligible
The Darzalex patient assistance program can provide your medication for free. We simply charge $49 a month per medication to cover the cost of our services. With NiceRx, you will only pay $49 to obtain your Darzalex, regardless of the retail price.
Am I eligible for the Darzalex patient assistance program?
To find out if you are eligible for Darzalex assistance you can apply online using our enrollment application. Each pharmaceutical company sets its eligibility criteria, and we will review your application individually to determine if you may be eligible. The three main factors to consider are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Darzalex patient assistance program?
Our application process aims to make it as easy as possible to apply for the Darzalex patient assistance program. The first step is to complete our online enrollment application. We will ask you for details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income as this information is required by the pharmaceutical companies. We may be able to help you apply for other patient assistance programs too, so be sure to tell us about any medications you are taking as well as Darzalex.
NiceRx will review your application and determine whether you may be eligible for Darzalex assistance. If so, we will handle the full enrollment process for you and prepare all required documents for your healthcare provider to sign. Once you are successfully enrolled in the Darzalex patient assistance program, we will help you manage your prescription refills by requesting refills on your behalf throughout your enrollment period. At the end of your enrollment period we will contact you for updated information and seek to re-enroll you so you can continue to access affordable Darzalex.
Is NiceRx a Darzalex coupons provider?
NiceRx is a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Darzalex patient assistance program. We do not offer trial offers or free Darzalex samples. When obtaining your medication through NiceRx, you will only pay $49 a month per medication. This will likely save you more money than if you were to use Darzalex coupons, discount cards, or Darzalex copay cards.
Can NiceRx help me get Darzalex if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you if your insurance company will not pay for your Darzalex medication. We may also be able to help if you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility. Whether you have insurance or not, apply online using our enrollment application to find out more.
How much is Darzalex with insurance?
The cost of Darzalex will vary by the terms of your healthcare plan. To find out what you might need to pay for Darzalex with insurance, your insurance provider or pharmacist will be able to help you calculate the copay costs with your current insurance.
How much does Darzalex cost without insurance?
Darzalex prices without insurance will vary depending on where you buy it. As a guide, Darzalex intravenous solution (20 mg/ml) typically costs $617 for 5 milliliters.
What Is Darzalex?
Darzalex (daratumumab) is a prescription medicine used to treat multiple myeloma, a type of bone marrow cancer. Darzalex is used in combination with other medications for newly diagnosed multiple myeloma. It can also be used on its own where patients have previously taken other medication that no longer works for them.
You take Darzalex as an infusion into a vein. Darzalex is usually given every 1 to 3 weeks during the first weeks of treatment. It is then given once every 4 weeks until your body no longer responds to the medicine. The dose of Darzalex and how many infusions you need will be decided upon by your prescribing doctor based on your condition and medical history.
It is not known if Darzalex is safe and effective in children.
Darzalex active ingredients
The active ingredient in Darzalex is called daratumumab. It is a type of monoclonal antibody that blocks a specific protein in the body that can affect tumor cell growth. Monoclonal antibodies are designed to only target and destroy certain cells in the body. This helps to protect healthy cells from harm.
CD38 is what is known as a transmembrane glycoprotein. It is found on the surface of cells in multiple myeloma. Daratumumab binds to CD38 specifically, blocking it from working. Daratumumab also works by stopping the growth and killing tumor cells that produce CD38.
Darzalex side effects
The most common side effects caused by Darzalex include:
- Cold symptoms – fever, cough, sore throat, sneezing, stuffy nose
- Nausea (feeling sick)
- Diarrhea or constipation
- Nerve problems – tingling, numbness, or pain
- Swelling of the hands, feet, or ankles
- Feeling of being tired or weakness
- Short of breath
Darzalex can cause more serious side effects. When these occur, they may include:
- During the injection – dizziness, itchy, nausea, headache, stuffy or runny nose, cough, fever, chills, wheezing, shortness of breath, or a tight feeling in your throat
- Cough with green or yellow mucus
- Sharp pain in the chest, shortness of breath, wheezing
- Any burning, tingling, or numbness sensation
- Low blood cell – fever, tiredness, dizziness, mouth or skin sores, easily bruised, unusual bleeding, pale skin, cold hands, and feet
This is not a complete list of side effects. Contact your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
Darzalex drug interactions
Darzalex can interact with other medications, particularly:
- Vaccines – bcg, influenza, measles, mumps, polio, rubella, rotavirus, smallpox, typhoid, varicella, yellow fever, zoster
- Adalimumab, certolizumab, golimumab, infliximab – for the treatment of Crohn’s ulcerative colitis, psoriasis
- Upadacitinib, tofacitinib, baricitinib for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis
- Clozapine – for the treatment of mental health
- Leflunomide – anti-rheumatic
- Ozanimod, siponimod – for the treatment of multiple sclerosis
Darzalex warnings & precautions
Darzalex is not suitable for everyone. Do not take Darzalex if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient daratumumab
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Darzalex
- Are under 18 years of age
Talk to your doctor before taking Darzalex if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Darzalex
- Have or have ever had hepatitis B
- Have recently had a vaccine or are due to have a vaccine
- Have or need to have a blood transfusion
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.