Eligard Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Eligard medication.Get started today
- Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
- Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
- Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
Your monthly Eligard cost savings if eligible
If you are eligible for the Eligard patient assistance program, the cost of your medication will be free. We only charge $49 a month, per medication, to cover our service fees. You could receive your Eligard prescription for just $49 a month, regardless of the retail price of your medication.
Am I eligible for the Eligard patient assistance program?
We will review your application to determine whether you are eligible for the Eligard patient assistance program. Each program has its own eligibility criteria which is set by the pharmaceutical companies, however the factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Eligard patient assistance program?
We make it as easy as possible to apply for the Eligard patient assistance program. The first step is to complete our enrollment application. Tell us about any medications you are taking, including Eligard. We will also ask for details about your healthcare provider, insurance, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers who ship your medication.
If we determine that you may be eligible for Eligard assistance, we will handle the application process for you. We will work directly with your healthcare provider to prepare your application documents. Once we have received the signed application and supporting documents, we will submit them to the patient assistance program on your behalf. Our service continues once you are enrolled in the Eligard patient assistance program, and we will automatically request your Eligard medication refills for up to 1 year.
Is NiceRx an Eligard coupons provider?
We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Eligard patient assistance program. That means that we do not offer printable Eligard manufacturer coupons, Eligard discounts, or free Eligard samples. We are not an Eligard coupon provider or Eligard discount card. Our service extends to assisting eligible individuals to access the medications they need through patient assistance programs.
Can NiceRx help me get Eligard if I have insurance?
We may be able to help you to access Eligard patient assistance in a variety of circumstances. This includes when your insurance company will not pay for your Eligard medication or if you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility. We may also be able to help you if you do not have insurance. Please apply online to find out more.
How much is Eligard with insurance?
The cost of Eligard with insurance depends on the terms of your healthcare plan. To find out how much this is, your healthcare provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
How much does Eligard cost without insurance?
Eligard prices without insurance will vary depending on where you buy it. As a guide, Eligard subcutaneous powder for injection (7.5 mg/month) usually costs $481. With NiceRx you will pay a flat monthly fee of $49, regardless of the retail price of your medication.
What Is Eligard?
Eligard (leuprolide) is a prescription medicine used to treat the symptoms of Advanced prostrate cancer, endometriosis, and fibroids. Eligard can be used alone or with other medicines. Eligard is for use by males, other brands of leuprolide are used for women.
You take Eligard by injecting it under your skin (subcutaneous injection) or into a muscle once a month or once every 3 to 6 months. Your doctor or another medical professional will show you how to do this. Your prescribing doctor will tell you how much Eligard to use and how often.
Different brands and strengths of leuprolide are used for different conditions. It is very important that you receive exactly the brand and strength your doctor has prescribed. Always check to make sure your medication is the correct brand and type prescribed by your doctor.
Eligard active ingredients
The active ingredient in Eligard is called leuprolide. Eligard is part of a class of drugs called gonadotropin releasing hormone, GnRH Agonists.
Eligard works by over-stimulating your body’s own production of certain hormones, this then causes production of those particular hormones to shut down temporarily. The effect of leuprolide is reversed once you stop taking it. Leuprolide works by reducing the amount of testosterone in men and estrogen in women.
Eligard side effects
The most common side effects caused by Eligard include:
- Stuffy nose, sneezing, sore throat, cough (dry or mucus)
- Fever, hot flush, tiredness
- Dizziness, nausea
- Stomach pain, constipation
- Tight chest, shortness of breath
- Changes in mood, general aches and pain
- Pituitary gland problems – headache, vomiting, vision problems, change in mood and behavior
- Vaginal swelling, itching, or discharge
- Reduction in testicle size
- Decreased interest in sex
- Redness, pain, swelling, or oozing where the shot was given
- Weight change
Eligard can cause more serious side effects such as:
- Pain or unusual sensations in your back, numbness, weakness, or tingly feeling in your legs or feet
- Muscle weakness or loss of use, loss of bowel or bladder control
- Symptoms of heart attack – chest pain, pain spreading to your jaw or shoulder, nausea
- Symptoms of stroke – numbness or weakness (especially down one side of the body), sudden severe headache, slurred speech
- Symptoms of increased blood sugar – increased thirst and urination, hungry, dry mouth, sweet breath odor
- Bone pain
- Painful or difficult urination
Eligard drug interactions
Eligard can interact with other medications. When this occurs it can change how Eligard and the other medications work. It can also make some side effects more likely. Tell your prescribing doctor about all drugs you are taking, particularly:
- Antibiotics – grepafloxacin, lefamulin
- Asthma medication – isoproterenol, olodaterol
- Medicines for heart problems – amiodarone, dronedarone, ivabradine
- Medicines for depression – amitriptyline, amisulpride, citalopram
- Medicines for mental illness – haloperidol, pimozide
- Anticancer – cabozantinib, nilotinib
- Anti-malarials – mefloquine, chloroquine
- HIV treatment – rilpivirine, efavirenz
Eligard warning and precautions
Eligard is not suitable for everyone. Do not use Eligard if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient leuprolide
- Are allergic to similar medicines such as buserelin, goserelin, or nafarelin
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Eligard
Talk to your doctor before using if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Eligard
- Have depression, mental illness or psychosis
- Suffer with seizures or epilepsy
- Have heart disease, congestive heart failure, or long QT syndrome
- Have a blood vessel disorder
- Have a brain tumour or have had a spine injury
- Have low levels of potassium or magnesium in your blood
- Have abnormal vaginal bleeding that has not been checked by your doctor
- Have a family history of bone loss risk factors such as osteoporosis, long term steroid or seizure contol treatment, alcohol or smoking
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.