Lupron Depot Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Lupron Depot medication.Get started today
- Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
- Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
- Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
Your monthly Lupron Depot cost savings if eligible
With our assistance, you could access the Lupron Depot patient assistance program and obtain your medication for free. We only charge a flat monthly fee of $49 per medication for our services.
Am I eligible for Lupron Depot patient assistance?
We review each Lupron Depot enrollment application individually to determine if you are eligible. Each assistance program has its own eligibility criteria and the factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Lupron Depot patient assistance program?
Our process makes it as easy as possible to apply for the Lupron Depot patient assistance program. Begin by completing the enrollment application form on our website. Tell us about any medications that you are taking, including Lupron Depot. You must also provide details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income. This is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers who will supply the medication, so it is important to make sure this information is accurate and up to date.
We will review the information that you have provided to determine whether you are eligible for patient assistance. If we can pre-qualify you for assistance, NiceRx will handle the full enrollment process on your behalf. If you are approved by the pharmaceutical company, you will typically start receiving your medication in 6 – 8 weeks.
Is NiceRx a Lupron Depot coupons provider?
NiceRx is not a Lupron Depot coupon, Lupron Depot discount card, or Lupron Depot copay card provider. We do not offer Lupron Depot manufacturer coupons, Lupron Depot discounts, rebates, Lupron Depot savings cards, trial offers, or free Lupron Depot samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Lupron Depot patient assistance program.
Can NiceRx help me get Lupron Depot if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you get Lupron Depot if:
- You have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility for Lupron Depot
- Your insurance company will not pay for your Lupron Depot prescription
- Your healthcare plan does not cover Lupron Depot medication
- You do not have insurance
Please apply online to find out if we can help you.
How much is Lupron Depot with insurance?
The cost of Lupron Depot with insurance will depend on the terms of your healthcare plan. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance. Contact them to find out more.
How much does Lupron Depot cost without insurance?
Lupron Depot prices without insurance will vary depending on how much you buy. Prices will also vary by retailer. As a guide, Lupron Depot 7.5 mg/month will cost around $1,850 for 1 kit.
What is Lupron Depot?
Lupron Depot contains the prescription medicine leuprolide, classed as a gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) agonist. It works by reducing the amount of certain hormones in the body, testosterone in men and estrogen in women.
Lupron Depot is used for the treatment of:
- Endometriosis – on its own to reduce endometriotic lesions and manage pain relief, or with norethindrone acetate, firstly to manage the symptoms of pain from endometriosis, and then to manage the reappearance of symptoms. Using norethindrone acetate with Lupron Depot helps to reduce certain side effects linked with Lupron Depot use, such as the loss of bone mineral density as well as night sweats and hot flushes.
- Fibroids – used in combination with iron prior to operating to reduce anemia caused by fibroids. Lupron Depot can be added where treatment with iron alone has not been enough.
Lupron Depot is injected under the skin or into a muscle. It is used once every month or once every 3 to 6 months. It is important to note that different brands and strengths of leuprolide are used for the treatment of different conditions. You must receive the correct brand and strength prescribed by your doctor for your condition.
Lupron Depot active ingredients
Leuprolide acetate is a long-acting GnRH agonist. Using Lupron Depot initially stimulates pituitary gonadotrophins, but then leads to a longer period of suppression. Pituitary gonadotropins normally stimulate the production of steroid hormones, but using Lupron Depot regularly reduces the secretion of these gonadal steroids, causing tissues and functions dependant on the gonadal steroids to become inactive. Gonadal steroids (sex steroid hormones) are estradiol, progesterone, and testosterone. These normally stimulate the reproductive organs, and secondary sex characteristics in males and females.
The effects of Lupron Depot are reversed once treatment is stopped.
Lupron Depot side effects
The most common side effects caused by Lupron Depot include:
- Problems with your pituitary glands
- Skin reaction where the shot was given
- Decreased testicle size
- Decreased libido (sex drive)
- Vaginal discharge or itching
- Nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, constipation
- Hot flushes, night sweats
- Tightness in the chest, difficulty breathing
- Mood changes
- Weight change
- Headaches, feeling tired, fever, stuffy nose, sore throat, mucus cough
In rare instances, Lupron Depot can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Sudden severe headache, vomiting, problems with your eyes or vision
- Bone pain, loss of movement in any part of your body
- Swelling, rapid weight gain
- Changes in mood or behavior
- Sudden chest pain, wheezing, dry cough
- Painful or difficult urination
- Thirsty, increased urination, hunger, dry mouth
- Pain in your back, numb, weak, or tingly feeling in your legs or feet
- Muscle weakness or loss of use
- Lack of bowel or bladder control
- Chest pain or pressure spreading to your jaw or shoulder
- Sudden numbness or weakness, down one side of the body, slurred speech, difficulty understanding or communicating
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Lupron Depot against your risk of side effects.
Lupron Depot drug interactions
Lupron Depot can interact with other medications. These include:
- Treatments for an irregular heartbeat – amiodarone, dronedarone, bepridil, quinidine
- Anti-depressants – citalopram, escitalopram
- Anti-psychotics used for schizophrenia – clozapine, haloperidol, thioridazine
- Treatment for multiple sclerosis – fingolimod, ozanimod, spingolimod
- Medication for heart failure – ivabradine
- Treatment for cancer – nilotinib, vandetanib
- Treatment for HIV/AIDS – saquinavir
- Beta-blockers for high blood pressure – sotalol
This list is not exhaustive and other drugs may interact with Lupron Depot.
Lupron Depot warning and precautions
You should not use Lupron Depot if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient leuprolide
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Lupron Depot
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Talk to your doctor before using Lupron Depot if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Lupron Depot
- Have depression
- Have a mental health illness or psychosis
- Suffer from seizures or have epilepsy
- Have heart disease, congestive heart failure, long QT syndrome, or a blood vessel disorder
- Have a brain tumor or have had a spinal cord injury
- Have high or low levels of potassium or magnesium
- Have osteoporosis
- Are taking steroids long term
- Smoke or drink alcohol
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.