Estring Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Estring medication.Get started today
- Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
- Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
- Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
Your monthly Estring cost savings if eligible
With our assistance, you could access the Estring patient assistance program and obtain your medication for free. We only charge a flat monthly fee of $49 per medication for our services.
Am I eligible for Estring patient assistance?
We review each Estring enrollment application individually to determine if you are eligible. Each assistance program has its own eligibility criteria and the factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Estring patient assistance program?
Our process makes it as easy as possible to apply for the Estring patient assistance program. Begin by completing the enrollment application form on our website. Tell us about any medications that you are taking, including Estring. You must also provide details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income. This is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers who’ll supply the medication, so it is important to make sure this information is accurate and up to date.
We will review the information that you have provided to determine whether you are eligible for patient assistance. If we can pre-qualify you for assistance, NiceRx will handle the full enrollment process on your behalf. If you are approved by the pharmaceutical company, you’ll typically start receiving your medication in 6 – 8 weeks.
Is NiceRx an Estring coupon provider?
NiceRx is not an Estring coupon, Estring discount card, or an Estring copay card provider. We don’t offer Estring manufacturer coupons, Estring discounts, rebates, Estring savings cards, trial offers, or free Estring samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Estring patient assistance program.
Can NiceRx help me get Estring if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you get Estring if:
- You have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility for Estring
- Your insurance company won’t pay for your Estring prescription
- Your healthcare plan doesn’t cover Estring medication
- You don’t have insurance
Please apply online to find out if we can help you.
How much is Estring with insurance?
The cost of Estring with insurance will depend on the terms of your healthcare plan. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance. Contact them to find out more.
How much does Estring cost without insurance?
Estring prices without insurance will vary by retailer. As a guide, the average retail price of an Estring is around $600.
What is Estring?
Estring is a prescription medication used to treat vaginal atrophy caused by the menopause. Vaginal atrophy, sometimes called atrophic vaginitis, is a drying, thinning, and inflammation of the vagina walls that can happen when the level of estrogen in your body drops. This happens most often during and after the menopause as your estrogen levels naturally fall.
If you have vaginal atrophy caused by the menopause, your doctor may prescribe Estring to you. It’s a soft, flexible ring that you insert into the upper third of your vagina. It contains estradiol, a type of estrogen, that it releases into your vagina continually over 90 days. This treats vaginal atrophy by raising estrogen levels, providing relief from your symptoms.
Estring active ingredients
The active ingredient in Estring is called estradiol, a naturally occurring type of estrogen.
Estring is a type of hormone replacement therapy (HRT). The estradiol released by your Estring replaces some of the lost estrogen and has the same effect on your body as estrogen.
Estring side effects & Estring drug interactions
The most common Estring side effects include:
- Breast pain
- Stomach cramps
- Fluid retention
- Nausea (feeling sick)
- Vomiting (being sick)
- Irregular vaginal bleeding or spotting
- Increased vaginal secretions
- Vaginal yeast infections
In rare instances, Estring can cause more serious side effects, like:
- An increased risk of cancer of the ovaries
- An increased risk of cancer of the uterus (womb) if you take estrogen alone without any other menopause medications
- An increased risk of blood clots, strokes, and dementia if you take estrogen alone without any other menopause medications
- An increased risk of dementia, blood clots, heart attacks, strokes, and breast cancer, if you take estrogen with progestins
- Severe allergic reactions to the medication can cause skin rashes, hives, and swelling of the face, lips, tongue, or throat that can make breathing difficult
- Toxic shock syndrome
- The vaginal ring becoming attached to the vaginal wall and needing to be surgically removed
- The vaginal ring causing erosion (wearing away) and ulceration (holes) in the vaginal lining
- The vaginal ring causing bowel obstructions
- High blood pressure
- High blood sugar (diabetes)
- Liver problems
- Gallbladder disease
- Changes in thyroid hormone levels
- Enlargement of benign tumors of the uterus (fibroids)
Estring can interact with other medications, particularly:
- Any other hormone therapy medications
- Any anticonvulsant medications to treat epilepsy, like phenobarbital, phenytoin, or carbamazepine
- Any antibiotics, including rifampicin or rifabutin
- Any medications used to treat an HIV infection, like ritonavir, nelfinavir, nevirapine, or efavirenz
- An herbal supplement called St. John’s wort (Hypericum perforatum)
Estring warnings & precautions
Don’t use Estring if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient estradiol
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Estring
- Currently have unusual vaginal bleeding – this can be a warning sign of cancer of the uterus (womb)
- Have or have ever had breast cancer or cancer of the uterus (womb)
- Have ever had a stroke or heart attack
- Have or have had blood clots in your body
- Have or have had any liver problems
- Have ever been diagnosed as having a bleeding disorder
- Think you may be pregnant
- Are not a woman going through the menopause
Talk to your doctor before taking Estring if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Estring
- Have recently had any unusual vaginal bleeding
- Are due to have surgery or any form of bed rest
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.