Premarin Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Premarin medication.Get started today
- Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
- Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
- Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
Your monthly Premarin cost savings if eligible
If you are eligible for the Premarin patient assistance program you can get your medication for free. Our monthly flat rate of $49 per medication covers the cost of our services in applying for the program and requesting your ongoing refills on your behalf. If you obtain your Premarin through NiceRx, you will only pay $49 a month regardless of the retail price of your medication.
Am I eligible for the Premarin patient assistance program?
You could receive your Premarin without paying the full retail price if you meet the eligibility criteria for assistance. This criteria is set by the pharmaceutical companies who are providing assistance programs. At NiceRx we review each application individually, although the main factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for Premarin patient assistance?
We do everything that we can to take the hassle and stress out of applying for patient assistance programs. Simply start by filling in our enrollment application. We will ask for details about your healthcare provider, your insurance, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical companies you are applying to for assistance. We may also be able to help you access patient assistance for other medications that you have been prescribed, so be sure to tell us about any medications you are taking as well as Premarin.
NiceRx will review the information you have provided, and if we determine that you may be eligible for assistance, we will seek to enroll you in the Premarin patient assistance program. We will handle the enrollment process for you by working with your healthcare provider and preparing all the required paperwork for your doctor to sign. We will also request your Premarin medication refills on your behalf for up to 1 year once you are enrolled in the program.
Is NiceRx a Premarin coupons provider?
At NiceRx, we help eligible individuals access the Premarin patient assistance program. This means that we are not a Premarin coupon, a Premarin discount card, or a Premarin copay card provider. We do not offer any medication trial offers or free Premarin samples.
Can NiceRx help me get Premarin if I have insurance?
We may be able to help you if you have insurance, including if your insurance company will not pay for your Premarin medication, or you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility. We may even be able to assist if you do not have insurance. Please fill in our enrollment application to find out more.
How much is Premarin with insurance?
The cost of Premarin will vary in line with the specific terms of your healthcare plan. For further details about what you may need to pay, your insurance provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate the copay costs with your current insurance.
How much does Premarin cost without insurance?
Premarin costs without insurance will vary depending on the number of tablets and the retailer you buy it from. As a guide, Premarin oral tablets will typically cost around $657 for 100 tablets. If you obtain your medication through NiceRx, you will pay a flat monthly rate of $49 per medication regardless of its retail price.
What is Premarin?
Premarin (conjugated estrogen) tablets contain a mixture of conjugated estrogens (female hormones). It is a mixture of sodium estrone sulfate and sodium equilin sulfate. Tablets are available in strengths of 0.3 mg, 0.45 mg, 0.625 mg, 0.9 mg, and 1.25 mg of conjugated estrogens.
Premarin is used by women to reduce symptoms of menopause such as hot flushes, night sweats, difficulty sleeping, low mood or anxiety, and vaginal dryness. Estrogen is also used in the prevention of postmenopausal osteoporosis.
Premarin active ingredients
Estrogens are normally produced by the ovarian follicle in adult women and are largely responsible for the development and maintenance of the female reproductive system and secondary sexual characteristics. Estradiol is the primary human estrogen.
After menopause, most estrogen is produced in the body by conversion of androstenedione (released from the adrenal cortex), into estrone. Estrone and the sulfate-conjugated form estrone sulfate and are the main estrogens in postmenopausal women.
Estrogens bind to proteins within cells in estrogen-responsive tissues.
Estrogens control the secretion of gonadotropins, through a negative feedback mechanism, reducing the elevated levels of these gonadotropins in postmenopausal women.
Premarin side effects
The most common side effects caused by Premarin include:
- nausea – feeling sick
- stomach pain, gas
- back pain
- sleep disturbance
- breast pain
- changes in menstrual periods
- vaginal itching or discharge
In rare instances, Premarin can cause more serious side effects. These include:
- symptoms of a heart attack – pain or pressure in the chest spreading to your jaw or shoulder, feeling sick, and sweating
- symptoms of a stroke – feeling numb or weak (especially down one side of the body), sudden severe headache, slurred speech, problems with vision or balance
- symptoms of a blood clot – sudden vision loss, sharp chest pain, shortness of breath, pain or warmth in one or both legs
- tender or swollen stomach
- jaundice (yellow skin or eyes)
- confusion or unusual behavior
- unexplained vaginal bleeding
- pelvic pain
- a lump in your breast
- symptoms of an increase in calcium blood level – nausea, vomiting, constipation, increased thirst or urinating, muscle weakness, bone pain, or lack of energy
Your doctor will assess the benefits of taking Premarin against your risk of side effects.
Premarin drug interactions
Premarin can interact with other medications. Tell your prescribing doctor about all drugs you are taking, including vitamins, herbal and dietary supplements, particularly:
- dantrolene – muscle relaxant
- hemin – for the treatment of porphyria
- lenalidomide, pomalidomide, thalidomide, carfizomib – for the treatment of cancer
- tranexamic acid – Antifibrinolytic (helps blood to clot)
This list is not exhaustive and other drugs may interact with Premarin
Premarin warning and precautions
Premarin is not suitable for everyone. Do not take Premarin if you:
- Are allergic to conjugated estrogens
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Premarin (you can find these listed in the leaflet which comes with the medication)
- Have unusual vaginal bleeding that has not been checked by a doctor
- Have liver disease
- Have a history of heart attack, stroke, or blood clots
- Have a history of hormone-related cancer
- Have cancer of the breast, uterus, cervix, or vagina
- Are pregnant or planning to become pregnant
Talk to your doctor before taking Premarin if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Premarin
- Have heart disease
- Have liver problems, or jaundice caused by pregnancy or taking hormones
- Have kidney disease
- Have gallbladder disease
- Have asthma
- Have epilepsy or any other seizure disorder
- Suffer from migraines
- Have lupus
- Have had a hysterectomy
- Have endometriosis or uterine fibroid tumors
- Have porphyria
- Have a thyroid disorder
- Have high levels of calcium in your blood
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.