Harvoni Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Harvoni medication.Get started today
- Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
- Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
- Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
Your monthly Harvoni cost savings if eligible
If you are eligible for the Harvoni patient assistance program you can get your medication for free. Our monthly flat rate of $49 per medication covers the cost of our services in applying for the program and requesting your ongoing refills on your behalf. If you obtain your Harvoni through NiceRx, you will only pay $49 a month regardless of the retail price of your medication.
Am I eligible for the Harvoni patient assistance program?
You could receive your Harvoni without paying the full retail price if you meet the eligibility criteria for assistance. This criteria is set by the pharmaceutical companies that are providing assistance programs. At NiceRx we review each application individually, although the main factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for Harvoni patient assistance?
We do everything that we can to take the hassle and stress out of applying for patient assistance programs. Simply start by filling in our enrollment application. We will ask for details about your healthcare provider, your insurance, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical companies you are applying to for assistance. We may also be able to help you access patient assistance for other medications that you have been prescribed, so be sure to tell us about any medications you are taking as well as Harvoni.
NiceRx will review the information you have provided, and if we determine that you may be eligible for assistance, we will seek to enroll you in the Harvoni patient assistance program. We will handle the enrollment process for you by working with your healthcare provider and preparing all the required paperwork for your doctor to sign. We will also request your Harvoni medication refills on your behalf for up to 1 year once you are enrolled in the program.
Is NiceRx a Harvoni coupons provider?
At NiceRx, we help eligible individuals access the Harvoni patient assistance program. This means that we are not a Harvoni coupon, a Harvoni discount card, or a Harvoni copay card provider. We do not offer any medication trial offers or free Harvoni samples.
Can NiceRx help me get Harvoni if I have insurance?
We may be able to help you if you have insurance, including if your insurance company will not pay for your Harvoni medication, or you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility. We may even be able to assist if you do not have insurance. Please fill in our enrollment application to find out more.
How much is Harvoni with insurance?
The cost of Harvoni will vary in line with the specific terms of your healthcare plan. For further details about what you may need to pay, your insurance provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate the copay costs with your current insurance.
How much does Harvoni cost without insurance?
Harvoni costs without insurance will vary depending on how much you buy and the retailer you buy it from. As a guide, Harvoni oral pellet 33.75 mg-150 mg will typically cost around $32,900 for 28 pellets. If you obtain your medication through NiceRx, you will pay a flat monthly rate of $49 per medication regardless of its retail price.
What is Harvoni?
Harvoni contains a combination of the prescription medicines ledipasvir and sofosbuvir. Ledipasvir and sofosbuvir are antiviral medications used to prevent the hepatitis C virus (HCV) from spreading in your body. Harvoni is used for the treatment of HCV in adults and children who are at least 3 years of age.
Harvoni is used to treat specific types of hepatitis C, and only in certain people. It can be used for people who also have HIV. This medicine is, however not a treatment for HIV or AIDS.
Harvoni active ingredients
Harvoni is a combination of ledipasvir and sofosbuvir, which are classed as direct acting antivirals (DAA).
Ledipasvir blocks the action of a specific protein that is needed for the virus to multiply.
Sofosbuvir is converted into a more active form of itself in the body. This more active form of sofosbuvir blocks the action of a specific enzyme that is needed for the virus to multiply.
Harvoni side effects
The most common side effects caused by Harvoni include:
- Feeling tired or weak
In rare instances, Harvoni can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Jaundice – yellowing of eyes and skin
- Loss of appetite
- Pain in the upper right of the abdomen
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Harvoni against your risk of side effects.
Harvoni drug interactions
Harvoni can interact with other medications. These include:
- Amiodarone – a combination with this medicine can cause dangerous side effects on your heart. If you experience a slower heart rate, chest pains, difficulty breathing, memory problems or confusion, feeling light-headed, weak or very tired, consult your doctor immediately
- Antacids – magnesium carbonate or magnesium hydroxide. You should not take Harvoni 4 hours before or after taking antacids
- H2 blockers used to reduce stomach acid – cimetidine, famotidine, ranitidine
- Proton pump inhibitors, also used to reduce stomach acid – esomeprazole, lansoprazole, omeprazole, pantoprazole
- Cancer treatments – apalutamide, enzalutamide, lorlatinib
- Treatments for angioedema – berotralstat
- Anticonvulsants – carbamazepine, fosphenytoin, phenobarbital, phenytoin
- Anticoagulants (blood thinner) – edoxaban
- Other antiviral treatments – simeprevir, tipranavir
This list is not exhaustive and other drugs may interact with Harvoni.
Harvoni warning and precautions
You should not use Harvoni if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredients ledipasvir or sofosbuvir
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Harvoni
- Are younger than 3 years old
Talk to your doctor before using Harvoni if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Harvoni
- Are taking Ribavirin
- Are taking amiodarone
- If you are taking a blood thinner and have regular INR tests
- Have had hepatitis B as you may be tested for this before treatment begins
- Have any liver problems other than hepatitis
- Have kidney disease or if you are on dialysis treatment
- Have HIV or AIDS
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.