Humulin N Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Humulin N medication.Get started today
- Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
- Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
- Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
An introduction to NiceRx(01:52)
Next steps after qualifying(00:38)
Uploading documents and billing(00:50)
SSN & billing information(00:33)
Medication delivery time(00:41)
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are qualified.
You may be required to submit further information and documents required by the pharmaceutical company which can be securely uploaded online.
Your application is created and sent to your doctor for signature. At this stage, you will be billed $49 and will not be billed again until you receive your first medication delivery.
Your application is sent to the pharmaceutical company. You will be billed again once you receive your medication. We handle the entire ordering process including requesting ongoing refills.
Your monthly Humulin N cost savings if eligible
The Humulin N patient assistance program can provide your medication for free. We simply charge $49 a month per medication to cover the cost of our services. With NiceRx, you will only pay $49 to obtain your Humulin N, regardless of the retail price.
|Strength||Avg. monthly price at
a US pharmacy
|10ml of 100 units/ml - 1 vial||$96.00||$49.00||$47.00|
Am I eligible for the Humulin N patient assistance program?
To find out if you are eligible for Humulin N assistance you can apply online using our enrollment application. Each pharmaceutical company sets its eligibility criteria, and we will review your application individually to determine if you may be eligible. The three main factors to consider are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Humulin N patient assistance program?
Our application process aims to make it as easy as possible to apply for the Humulin N patient assistance program. The first step is to complete our online enrollment application. We will ask you for details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income as this information is required by the pharmaceutical companies. We may be able to help you apply for other patient assistance programs too, so be sure to tell us about any medications you are taking as well as Humulin N.
NiceRx will review your application and determine whether you may be eligible for Humulin N assistance. If so, we will handle the full enrollment process for you and prepare all required documents for your healthcare provider to sign. Once you are successfully enrolled in the Humulin N patient assistance program, we will help you manage your prescription refills by requesting refills on your behalf throughout your enrollment period. At the end of your enrollment period, we will contact you for updated information and seek to re-enroll you so you can continue to access affordable Humulin N.
Is NiceRx a Humulin N coupons provider?
NiceRx is a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Humulin N patient assistance program. We do not offer trial offers or free Humulin N samples. When obtaining your medication through NiceRx, you will only pay $49 a month per medication. This will likely save you more money than if you were to use Humulin N coupons, discount cards, or Humulin N copay cards.
Can NiceRx help me get Humulin N if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you if your insurance company will not pay for your Humulin N medication. We may also be able to help if you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility. Whether you have insurance or not, apply online using our enrollment application to find out more.
How much is Humulin N with insurance?
The cost of Humulin N will vary by the terms of your healthcare plan. To find out what you might need to pay for Humulin N with insurance, your insurance provider or pharmacist will be able to help you calculate the copay costs with your current insurance.
How much does Humulin N cost without insurance?
Humulin N prices without insurance will vary depending on how much you purchase. Prices will also vary by retailer. As a guide, Humulin N 100unit/ml typically costs $170 for 10 milliliters.
What is Humulin N?
Humulin N contains the prescription medicine insulin isophane. Humulin N is a man-made version of the hormone insulin that is in the body. Insulin works by reducing glucose (sugar) in the blood. Insulin isophane is an intermediate-acting insulin that begins to work in 2 to 4 hours after injection, reaches a maximum level in your body in 4 to 12 hours, and keeps on working for up to 12 to 18 hours.
Humulin N is used to improve blood sugar control in adults and children with diabetes mellitus. Diabetes mellitus is a condition where the body can not use glucose normally. Glucose is the main source of energy for cells in your body.
Humulin N is given as an injection under your skin. It should be used as part of a complete treatment program that may also include diet, exercise, weight control, blood sugar testing, and special medical care.
Humulin N active ingredients
Humulin N reduces blood glucose levels by stimulating glucose uptake by skeletal muscle in the body and blocking the production of glucose by the liver. Humulin N in addition also blocks the breakdown of fats in the body as well as the breakdown of proteins into smaller polypeptides and amino acids. Insulin also helps to promote the production of proteins.
Humulin N side effects
The most common side effects caused by Humulin N include:
- Hypoglycemia – low blood sugar
- Skin rash, itching, thickening of skin or pits where the shot is given
- Weight gain
- Swollen hands or feet
In rare instances, Humulin N can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Hypokalemia – irregular heartbeats, shortness of breath, increased thirst and urination, feeling weak, leg cramps, constipation
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Humulin N against your risk of side effects.
Humulin N drug interactions
Humulin N can interact with other medications. These include:
- Antibiotics such as cinoxacin, ciprofloxacin, enoxacin, norfloxacin, ofloxacin
- Thiazolidinedione medications (TZDs) such as pioglitazone and rosiglitazone, taken to treat diabetes
- Any other diabetes medications – metformin, glipizide
- Any atypical antipsychotic medications – clozapine, olanzapine, and quetiapine
- Alcohol or any medications that contain alcohol
- Angiotensin II receptor blockers such as candesartan, losartan, and valsartan, taken to treat high blood pressure
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors such as captopril, enalapril, and perindopril, taken to treat high blood pressure and certain heart conditions
- Antidepressants, including monoamine oxidase inhibitors and selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors – phenelzine, selegiline, and sertraline
- Beta 2-stimulants taken to treat asthma – salmeterol, formoterol
- Beta-blockers taken to treat high blood pressure – propranolol, sotalol
- Clonidine taken to treat a range of conditions including high blood pressure
- Corticosteroids such as cortisone and prednisolone
- Diuretics taken to make you lose water and salt, usually to treat high blood pressure – bumetanide, furosemide
- Estrogen containing drugs including birth control and hormone replacements
- Fenofibrate taken to lower blood triglyceride levels
- Thyroid hormones taken to treat thyroid gland disorders – levothyroxine, liothyronine
This list is not exhaustive and other drugs may interact with Humulin N.
Humulin N warning and precautions
You should not use Humulin N if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient nph insulin
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Humulin N
- Have low blood sugar (hypoglycemia)
Talk to your doctor before using Humulin N if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Humulin N
- Have or had hypokalemia (low potassium blood levels)
- Have any problems with your liver
- Have any problems with your kidneys
- Are taking pioglitazone or rosiglitazone
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.