Humulin R Coupon & Prices
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Humulin R medication with our help.Get Started Now
Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
Convenient: Your medication is delivered straight to your door
Ongoing refills: Your medication is refilled automatically
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible for assistance.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are qualified. The pharmaceutical company provides your medication for free and you only pay our service fee.
We will request documents to be submitted by you and your healthcare provider that are required by the pharmaceutical company to complete your enrollment.
Once approved, the pharmaceutical company typically ships a 90-day supply of medication to your home or healthcare provider’s address.
Your monthly Humulin R cost savings if eligible
If you are eligible to receive your Humulin R prescription through the patient assistance program, your medication will be free. We charge a flat monthly price of $49 per medication to cover the cost of our services.
|Strength||Avg. monthly price at
a US pharmacy
|10ml of 100 units/ml - 1 vial||$96.00||$49.00||$47.00|
Am I eligible for Humulin R patient assistance?
To be eligible for the Humulin R patient assistance program, you will need to meet specific eligibility criteria set by the pharmaceutical company. At NiceRx, we review each Humulin R enrollment application individually. The main factors considered are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Humulin R patient assistance program?
Applying for the Humulin R patient assistance program through NiceRx is simple. Begin by completing the enrollment application on our website. We will ask for details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers that supply your medication. We may be able to help you access patient assistance for other medications as well as Humulin R, so please tell us about any medications that you have been prescribed.
If we determine that you may be eligible for Humulin R assistance, we will handle the full enrollment process on your behalf. We will work with your healthcare provider to prepare and submit all the documents required for you to enroll. If you are successfully enrolled in the Humulin R patient assistance program, we will also request your Humulin R medication refills for up to 1 year. At the end of your enrollment period, we will contact you for updated details and seek to re-enroll you in the program.
Is NiceRx a Humulin R coupons provider?
NiceRx does not provide Humulin R coupons, discount cards, or copay cards. We do not offer printable Humulin R manufacturer coupons, Humulin R discounts, rebates, Humulin R savings cards, trial offers, or free samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access patient assistance programs. Our service cost is $49 a month per medication, so you will likely save more on your Humulin R medication with NiceRx.
Can NiceRx help me get Humulin R if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you access Humulin R patient assistance if:
- You have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility for Humulin R
- Your insurance company will not pay for your Humulin R prescription
- You do not have insurance
Complete your enrollment application online to find out more.
How much is Humulin R with insurance?
Your individual healthcare plan will determine the cost of Humulin R with insurance. To find out what you will need to pay, contact your pharmacist or insurance provider. They will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
How much does Humulin R cost without insurance?
Humulin R prices without insurance will depend on if you buy Humulin R solution to be used in a syringe or a Humulin R KwikPen prefilled injection pen. Prices will also vary by retailer. As a guide, Humulin R will typically cost around $130 per 300-unit KwikPen (around 5 days’ worth, depending on how much Humulin R you need to take).
What is Humulin R?
Humulin R is a man-made insulin used to control high blood glucose in adults and children with type 1 and type 2 diabetes. It is an insulin you inject into your body under your skin (subcutaneous injection) using either a self-injecting Humulin R KwikPen or a syringe. This increases how much insulin you have in your bloodstream, helping your cells absorb more glucose and lowering your blood glucose levels.
Humulin R is a short-acting insulin that is often used after meals. Your prescribing doctor will tell you when to inject Humulin R, how often, and what dose to inject. You may be prescribed Humulin R alone or alongside other diabetes medications and treatments.
Humulin R active ingredients
The active ingredient in Humulin R is called regular insulin. It is a synthetic (man-made) version of the insulin your body naturally makes.
Regular insulin works in the same way as the insulin your pancreas makes. It is a short-acting insulin that starts to work in around 30 minutes. It reaches its peak in 2 to 3 hours and lasts for up to 8 hours. Humulin R is usually injected after a meal to help your body absorb the glucose released from the food you digest.
Humulin R side effects
The most common side effects caused by Humulin R include:
- Reactions at the site of injection – itching, rashes, skin thickening, or pits forming in your skin (lipodystrophy)
- Allergic reactions
- Swelling (edema) of the feet and hands
- Weight gain
- Low blood sugar (hypoglycemia)
Humulin R can cause more serious side effects. These are rarer, but may include:
- Severe allergic reactions to the medication which can cause anaphylaxis
- Your blood sugar falling to dangerous levels (hypoglycemia)
- Low potassium levels in your blood (hypokalemia) – constipation, leg cramps, irregular heartbeats, increase in thirst or urination, muscle weakness
- Heart failure, if you take it alongside another type of diabetes medication, called TZDs (thiazolidinediones)
Your doctor will assess the benefits of taking Humulin R against your risk of side effects.
Humulin R drug interactions
Humulin R can interact with other medications. Tell your prescribing doctor about all drugs you are taking, particularly:
- Antibiotics such as cinoxacin, ciprofloxacin, enoxacin, norfloxacin, ofloxacin
- Thiazolidinedione medications (TZDs) such as pioglitazone and rosiglitazone, taken to treat diabetes
- Any other diabetes medications – metformin, glipizide
- Any atypical antipsychotic medications – clozapine, olanzapine, and quetiapine
- Alcohol or any medications that contain alcohol
- Angiotensin II receptor blockers such as candesartan, losartan, and valsartan, taken to treat high blood pressure
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors such as captopril, enalapril, and perindopril, taken to treat high blood pressure and certain heart conditions
- Antidepressants, including monoamine oxidase inhibitors and selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors – phenelzine, selegiline, and sertraline
- Beta 2-stimulants taken to treat asthma – salmeterol, formoterol
- Beta-blockers taken to treat high blood pressure – propranolol, sotalol
- Clonidine taken to treat a range of conditions including high blood pressure
- Corticosteroids such as cortisone and prednisolone
- Diuretics taken to make you lose water and salt, usually to treat high blood pressure – bumetanide, furosemide
- Estrogen containing drugs including birth control and hormone replacements
- Fenofibrate taken to lower blood triglyceride levels
- Thyroid hormones taken to treat thyroid gland disorders – levothyroxine, liothyronine
Humulin R warning and precautions
Humulin R is not suitable for everyone. Do not take Humulin R if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient regular insulin
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Humulin R
- Have low blood sugar (hypoglycemia)
- Have diabetic ketoacidosis – a condition where high blood sugar causes high levels of ketones to build up in your body
- Are under 2 years of age
- Are under 18 years of age, with type 2 diabetes
Talk to your doctor before taking Humulin R if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Humulin R
- Have or have ever had heart failure
- Have or have ever had any other heart conditions
- Have any problems with your liver
- Have any problems with your kidneys
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program. Subject to medication availability.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.