Novolin R Coupon & Prices
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Novolin R medication with our help.Get Started Now
Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
Convenient: Your medication is delivered straight to your door
Ongoing refills: Your medication is refilled automatically
Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible for assistance.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are pre-qualified. The pharmaceutical company provides your medication for free, and you only pay our service fee.
We will request documents to be submitted by you and your healthcare provider that are required by the pharmaceutical company to complete your enrollment.
Once approved, the pharmaceutical company typically ships a 90-day supply of medication to your home or healthcare provider’s address. Final acceptance is determined by the pharmaceutical company.
Your monthly Novolin R cost savings if eligible
The Novolin R patient assistance program can provide your medication for free. We simply charge $49 a month per medication to cover the cost of our services. With NiceRx, you will only pay $49 to obtain your Novolin R, regardless of the retail price.
|Strength||Avg. monthly price at
a US pharmacy
|10ml of 100 units/ml - 1 vial||$143.00||$49.00||$94.00|
Am I eligible for the Novolin R patient assistance program?
To find out if you are eligible for Novolin R assistance you can apply online using our enrollment application. Each pharmaceutical company sets its eligibility criteria, and we will review your application individually to determine if you may be eligible. The three main factors to consider are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Novolin R patient assistance program?
Our application process aims to make it as easy as possible to apply for the Novolin R patient assistance program. The first step is to complete our online enrollment application. We will ask you for details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income as this information is required by the pharmaceutical companies. We may be able to help you apply for other patient assistance programs too, so be sure to tell us about any medications you are taking as well as Novolin R.
NiceRx will review your application and determine whether you may be eligible for Novolin R assistance. If so, we will handle the full enrollment process for you and prepare all required documents for your healthcare provider to sign. Once you are successfully enrolled in the Novolin R patient assistance program, we will help you manage your prescription refills by requesting refills on your behalf throughout your enrollment period. At the end of your enrollment period we will contact you for updated information and seek to re-enroll you so you can continue to access affordable Novolin R.
Is NiceRx a Novolin R coupons provider?
NiceRx is a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Novolin R patient assistance program. We do not offer trial offers or free Novolin R samples. When obtaining your medication through NiceRx, you will only pay $49 a month per medication. This will likely save you more money than if you were to use Novolin R coupons, discount cards, or Novolin R copay cards.
Can NiceRx help me get Novolin R if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you if your insurance company will not pay for your Novolin R medication. We may also be able to help if you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility. Whether you have insurance or not, apply online using our enrollment application to find out more.
How much is Novolin R with insurance?
The cost of Novolin R will vary by the terms of your healthcare plan. To find out what you might need to pay for Novolin R with insurance, your insurance provider or pharmacist will be able to help you calculate the copay costs with your current insurance.
How much does Novolin R cost without insurance?
Novolin R prices without insurance will vary depending on if you buy Novolin R solution to be used in a syringe or a Novolin R prefilled injection pen. Prices will also vary by retailer. As a guide, a 10 ml vial of Novolin R solution for injection typically costs around $160.
What is Novolin R?
Novolin R is a man-made insulin used to manage high blood glucose levels in adults and children with type 1 and type 2 diabetes. It is a short-acting insulin you inject into your body under your skin (subcutaneous injection) using either a self-injecting Novolin R pen or a syringe.
The medication is usually injected after meals to lower your blood glucose levels. Your prescribing doctor will tell you when to inject Novolin R, how often, and what dose to inject. You may be prescribed Novolin R alone or alongside other diabetes medications and treatments.
Novolin R active ingredients
The active ingredient in Novolin R is called regular insulin. It is a synthetic (man-made) version of the insulin your pancreas organ naturally makes.
Regular insulin works in the same way as the insulin your pancreas makes. It is a short-acting insulin that starts to work in around 30 minutes. It reaches its peak in 2 to 3 hours and lasts for up to 8 hours. Novolin R is usually injected after a meal to help your body absorb the glucose released from the food you digest.
Novolin R side effects
The most common side effects caused by Novolin R include:
- Reactions at the site of injection – itching, rashes, skin thickening, or pits forming in your skin (lipodystrophy)
- Allergic reactions
- Swelling (edema) of the feet and hands
- Weight gain
- Low blood sugar (hypoglycemia)
Novolin R can also cause more serious side effects. These are rarer, but when they occur they may include:
- Heart failure, if you take Novolin R alongside another type of diabetes medication, called TZDs (thiazolidinediones)
- Severe allergic reactions to the medication which can cause anaphylaxis
- Your blood sugar falling to dangerous levels (hypoglycemia)
- Low potassium levels in your blood (hypokalemia) – constipation, leg cramps, irregular heartbeats, increase in thirst or urination, muscle weakness
Novolin R drug interactions
Novolin R can interact with other medications. Tell your prescribing doctor about all drugs you are taking, particularly:
- Antibiotics such as cinoxacin, ciprofloxacin, enoxacin, norfloxacin, ofloxacin
- Thiazolidinedione medications (TZDs) such as pioglitazone and rosiglitazone, taken to treat diabetes
- Any other diabetes medications – metformin, glipizide
- Any atypical antipsychotic medications – clozapine, olanzapine, and quetiapine
- Alcohol or any medications that contain alcohol
- Angiotensin II receptor blockers such as candesartan, losartan, and valsartan, taken to treat high blood pressure
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors such as captopril, enalapril, and perindopril, taken to treat high blood pressure and certain heart conditions
- Antidepressants, including monoamine oxidase inhibitors and selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors – phenelzine, selegiline, and sertraline
- Beta 2-stimulants taken to treat asthma – salmeterol, formoterol
- Beta-blockers taken to treat high blood pressure – propranolol, sotalol
- Clonidine taken to treat a range of conditions including high blood pressure
- Corticosteroids such as cortisone and prednisolone
- Diuretics taken to make you lose water and salt, usually to treat high blood pressure – bumetanide, furosemide
- Estrogen containing drugs including birth control and hormone replacements
- Fenofibrate taken to lower blood triglyceride levels
- Thyroid hormones taken to treat thyroid gland disorders – levothyroxine, liothyronine
Novolin R warning and precautions
Do not take Novolin R if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient regular insulin
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Novolin R
- Have diabetic ketoacidosis – a condition where high blood sugar causes high levels of ketones to build up in your body
- Have low blood sugar (hypoglycemia)
- Are under 2 years of age
- Are under 18 years of age, with type 2 diabetes
Talk to your doctor before taking Novolin R if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Humulin R
- Have or have ever had heart failure
- Have or have ever had any other heart conditions
- Have any problems with your liver
- Have any problems with your kidneys
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program. Subject to medication availability and acceptance by the pharmaceutical companies. NiceRx is not responsible for any delays or rejection by the pharmaceutical companies.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.