Zyprexa Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Zyprexa medication with our help.Get Started Now
Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
Convenient: Your medication is delivered straight to your door
Ongoing refills: Your medication is refilled automatically
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
An introduction to NiceRx(01:52)
Next steps after qualifying(00:38)
Uploading documents and billing(00:50)
SSN & billing information(00:33)
Medication delivery time(00:41)
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are qualified. The pharmaceutical company provides your medication for free and you only pay our service fee.
You may be required to submit further information and documents required by the pharmaceutical company which can be securely uploaded online.
Your application is created and sent to your doctor for signature. At this stage, you will be billed $49 and will not be billed again until you receive your first medication delivery.
Your application is sent to the pharmaceutical company. You will be billed again once you receive your medication. We handle the entire ordering process including requesting ongoing refills.
Your monthly Zyprexa cost savings if eligible
If you are eligible for the Zyprexa patient assistance program, the cost of your medication will be free. We only charge $49 per month for each medication, to cover our service fees. You could receive your Zyprexa prescription for just $49 a month, regardless of the retail price of your medication.
Am I eligible for the Zyprexa patient assistance program?
We will review your application to determine whether you are eligible for the Zyprexa patient assistance program. Each program has its own eligibility criteria which are set by the pharmaceutical companies, however, the factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Zyprexa patient assistance program?
We make it as easy as possible to apply for the Zyprexa patient assistance program. The first step is to complete our enrollment application. Tell us about any medications you are taking, including Zyprexa. We will also ask for details about your healthcare provider, insurance, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers who ship your medication.
If we determine that you may be eligible for Zyprexa assistance, we will handle the application process for you. We will work directly with your healthcare provider to prepare your application documents. Once we have received the signed application and supporting documents, we will submit them to the patient assistance program on your behalf. Our service continues once you are enrolled in the Zyprexa patient assistance program, and we will automatically request your Zyprexa medication refills for up to 1 year.
Is NiceRx a Zyprexa coupons provider?
We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Zyprexa patient assistance program. That means that we do not offer printable Zyprexa manufacturer coupons, Zyprexa discounts, or free Zyprexa samples. We are not a Zyprexa coupon provider or Zyprexa discount card. Our service extends to assisting eligible individuals to access the medications they need through patient assistance programs.
Can NiceRx help me get Zyprexa if I have insurance?
We may be able to help you to access Zyprexa patient assistance in a variety of circumstances. This includes when your insurance company will not pay for your Zyprexa medication or if you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility. We may also be able to help you if you do not have insurance. Please apply online to find out more.
How much does Zyprexa cost without insurance?
Zyprexa cost without insurance will vary depending on where you buy it. As a guide, Zyprexa intramuscular powder for injection usually costs $60 for 1 powder for injection. With NiceRx you will pay a flat monthly fee of $49, regardless of the retail price of your medication.
How much does Zyprexa cost with insurance?
The copay for Zyprexa with insurance depends on the terms of your healthcare plan. To find out how much this is, your healthcare provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
What is Zyprexa?
Zyprexa is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved medication manufactured by Eli Lilly & Co. Zyprexa is an atypical antipsychotic indicated as an oral formulation for the:
- Treatment of schizophrenia in adults and adolescents
- Acute treatment of manic or mixed episodes associated with bipolar disorder and maintenance treatment of a bipolar disorder
- As an adjunct to valproate or lithium in the treatment of manic or mixed episodes associated with bipolar I disorder
- Treatment of acute agitation associated with symptoms of schizophrenia and bipolar I mania
- Treatment of depressive episodes associated with bipolar disorder
- Treatment of treatment-resistant depression
What doses of Zyprexa are available?
Zyprexa is available as tablets: 2.5 mg, 5 mg, 7.5 mg, 10 mg, 15 mg, 20 mg.
Orally disintegrating tablets (Zyprexa Zydis): 5 mg, 10 mg, 15 mg, 20 mg.
Intramuscular injection: 10 mg vial.
Please read the full medication guide for patient safety information. Always speak with a healthcare professional for medical advice or about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Zyprexa active ingredients
Zyprexa contains olanzapine as the active ingredient.
Zyprexa side effects
The most common side effects of Zyprexa in clinical trials include:
- Postural hypotension
- Weight gain, increased appetite
- Personality disorder
- Abdominal pain
- Pain in extremity
- Dry mouth
- Somnolence, sleepiness, dizziness, tremor
- Speech disorder, increased salivation
- Amnesia, paresthesia
In rare instances, Zyprexa can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Liver problems – upper stomach pain, itching, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes)
- Elderly patients with dementia-related psychosis – increased risk of death and increased incidence of cerebrovascular adverse events
- Neuroleptic malignant syndrome (NMS)
- Metabolic changes – atypical antipsychotic drugs have been associated with metabolic changes including hyperglycemia (high blood sugar), dyslipidemia, and weight gain
- Hyperglycemia and diabetes mellitus
- Tardive dyskinesia
- Orthostatic hypotension
- Leukopenia, neutropenia, and agranulocytosis – patients with a history of a clinically significant low white blood cell count or drug-induced leukopenia/neutropenia should have their complete blood count monitored frequently during the first few months of therapy
- Potential for cognitive and motor impairment
- Hyperprolactinemia – may increase prolactin levels
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Zyprexa against your risk of side effects. Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions of Zyprexa to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Zyprexa drug interactions
Zyprexa can interact with other medications. These include:
- Diazepam – may potentiate orthostatic hypotension (low blood pressure)
- Alcohol – may potentiate orthostatic hypotension
- CNS acting drugs
- Antihypertensive agents
- Levodopa and dopamine agonists
- Lorazepam – increased somnolence
- Lithium or valproate
This list is not exhaustive and other prescription drugs may interact with Zyprexa. Tell your doctor and pharmacist what prescription drugs and, over-the-counter medications, vitamins, nutritional supplements, and herbal products you are taking or plan to take.
You should not use Zyprexa if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient olanzapine
- Have had an allergic reaction to any of the other ingredients in Zyprexa
- Are an older adult with dementia-related psychosis
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Talk to your doctor about your medical conditions before using Zyprexa if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Zyprexa
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Have liver disease
- Have heart disease, high or low blood pressure
- Have high cholesterol or triglycerides
- Have had a stroke, including “mini-stroke”
- Have breast cancer
- Suffer from seizures
- Have Alzheimer’s disease
- Have diabetes or high blood sugar
- Have an enlarged prostate
- Have bowel problems
- Have narrow-angle glaucoma
Zyprexa is the trademark brand name for olanzapine manufactured by Eli Lilly & Co. A generic version of olanzapine is available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Zyprexa savings through NiceRx.
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program. Subject to medication availability.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.