How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible for assistance.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are pre-qualified. The pharmaceutical company provides your medication for free, and you only pay our service fee.
We will request documents to be submitted by you and your healthcare provider that are required by the pharmaceutical company to complete your enrollment.
Once approved, the pharmaceutical company typically ships a 90-day supply of medication to your home or healthcare provider’s address. Final acceptance is determined by the pharmaceutical company.
Your monthly Orilissa cost savings if eligible
If you are eligible for the Orilissa patient assistance program, the cost of your medication will be free. We only charge $49 per month for each medication, to cover our service fees. You could receive your Orilissa prescription for just $49 a month, regardless of the retail price of your medication.
Am I eligible for the Orilissa patient assistance program?
We will review your application to determine whether you are eligible for the Orilissa patient assistance program. Each program has its own eligibility criteria which is set by the pharmaceutical companies, however the factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Orilissa patient assistance program?
We make it as easy as possible to apply for the Orilissa patient assistance program. The first step is to complete our enrollment application. Tell us about any medications you are taking, including Orilissa. We will also ask for details about your healthcare provider, insurance, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers who ship your medication.
If we determine that you may be eligible for Orilissa assistance, we will handle the application process for you. We will work directly with your healthcare provider to prepare your application documents. Once we have received the signed application and supporting documents, we will submit them to the patient assistance program on your behalf. Our service continues once you are enrolled in the Orilissa patient assistance program, and we will automatically request your Orilissa medication refills for up to 1 year.
Is NiceRx an Orilissa coupon provider?
We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Orilissa patient assistance program. That means that we do not offer printable Orilissa manufacturer coupons, Orilissa discounts, or free Orilissa samples. We are not an Orilissa coupon provider or Orilissa discount card. Our service extends to assisting eligible individuals to access the medications they need through patient assistance programs.
Can NiceRx help me get Orilissa cheaper if I have insurance?
We may be able to help you to access Orilissa patient assistance in a variety of circumstances. This includes when your insurance company will not pay for your Orilissa medication or if you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility. We may also be able to help you if you do not have insurance. Please apply online to find out more.
How much does Orilissa cost without insurance?
Orilissa cost without insurance will vary depending on where you buy it. As a guide, Orilissa oral tablets 150 mg usually cost $1,100 for 28 tablets. With NiceRx you will pay a flat monthly fee of $49, regardless of the retail price of your medication.
How much does Orilissa cost with insurance?
The copay for Orilissa with insurance depends on the terms of your healthcare plan. To find out how much this is, your healthcare provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
What is Orilissa?
Orilissa is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved medication manufactured by AbbVie Inc. It is a gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) receptor antagonist for the management of moderate to severe pain associated with endometriosis.
Endometriosis is most common in people 25 to 29 years of age. It is a condition where tissue normally found lining the uterus grows outside the uterus. Common symptoms include pelvic pain and infertility.
What doses of Orilissa are available?
Orilissa is available in tablet form, in the following doses: 150 mg and 200 mg.
For patients with normal liver function or mild hepatic impairment take Orilissa150 mg once daily for up to 24 months or 200 mg twice daily for up to 6 months. Patients with moderate hepatic impairment should take 150 mg once daily for up to 6 months.
Please read the medication guide and always speak with a healthcare professional for medical advice about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Orilissa active ingredients
Elagolix the active ingredient works by lowering blood levels of estradiol and progesterone (female sex hormones).
Orilissa side effects
The most common side effects of Orilissa in clinical trials include:
- Trouble sleeping
- Hot flashes, night sweats
- Menstrual period changes
- Anxiety, depression, and mood changes
- Joint pain
In rare instances, Orilissa can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Bone loss – dose and duration-dependent decreases in bone mineral density (BMD)
- Altered menstrual bleeding, which reduces the ability to recognize pregnancy
- Suicidal thoughts and behavior, new-onset or worsening depression, anxiety, or other mood swings
- Hepatic transaminase elevations
- Potential for reduced effectiveness of estrogen-containing contraceptives. Use non-hormonal contraception during treatment and for one week after
- Liver damage – nausea, vomiting that doesn’t stop, loss of appetite, abdominal pain, yellowing of eyes and/or skin, dark urine
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Orilissa against your risk of side effects. Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions of Orilissa to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Orilissa drug interactions
Orilissa can interact with other medications. These include:
- Cyclosporine and gemfibrozil
- Orilissa can speed up the removal of other medications from your body. This includes asunaprevir, ombitasvir, paritaprevir, and ritonavir
- Birth control pills that contain estrogen may make Orilissa less effective. It is not known how well Orilissal works when you are using progestin-only birth control
This list is not exhaustive and other prescription drugs may interact with Orilissa. Tell your caregiver about all the medicines you take, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
You should not use Orilissa if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient elagolix
- Have had an allergic reaction to any of the other ingredients in Orilissa
- Have osteoporosis
- Have severe hepatic impairment (liver disease)
- Have strong organic anion transporting polypeptide (OATP) 1B1 inhibitors
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant – Orilissa may cause a miscarriage
Talk to your doctor before using Orilissa if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Orilissa
- Have liver problems
- Have mental health problems such as depression, mood problems, or suicidal thoughts or behavior
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed – It is unknown if this medication passes into breast milk
Orilissa is the trademark brand name for elagolix manufactured by AbbVie Inc. A generic version of elagolix is not available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Orilissa savings through NiceRx.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.