Ponvory Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Ponvory medication with our help.Get started today
- Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
- Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
- Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
An introduction to NiceRx(01:52)
Next steps after qualifying(00:38)
Uploading documents and billing(00:50)
SSN & billing information(00:33)
Medication delivery time(00:41)
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are qualified. The pharmaceutical company provides your medication for free and you only pay our service fee.
You may be required to submit further information and documents required by the pharmaceutical company which can be securely uploaded online.
Your application is created and sent to your doctor for signature. At this stage, you will be billed $49 and will not be billed again until you receive your first medication delivery.
Your application is sent to the pharmaceutical company. You will be billed again once you receive your medication. We handle the entire ordering process including requesting ongoing refills.
Your monthly Ponvory cost savings if eligible
The Ponvory patient assistance program can provide your medication for free. We simply charge $49 per month for each medication to cover the cost of our services. With NiceRx, you will only pay $49 to obtain your Ponvory, regardless of the retail price.
Am I eligible for the Ponvory patient assistance program?
To find out if you are eligible for Ponvory assistance you can apply online using our enrollment application. Each pharmaceutical company sets its eligibility criteria, and we will review your application individually to determine if you may be eligible. The three main factors to consider are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Ponvory patient assistance program?
Our application process aims to make it as easy as possible to apply for the Ponvory patient assistance program. The first step is to complete our online enrollment application. We will ask you for details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income as this information is required by the pharmaceutical companies. We may be able to help you apply for other patient assistance programs too, so be sure to tell us about any medications you are taking as well as Ponvory.
NiceRx will review your application and determine whether you may be eligible for Ponvory assistance. If so, we will handle the full enrollment process for you and prepare all required documents for your healthcare provider to sign. Once you are successfully enrolled in the Ponvory patient assistance program, we will help you manage your prescription refills by requesting refills on your behalf throughout your enrollment period. At the end of your enrollment period, we will contact you for updated information and seek to re-enroll you so you can continue to access affordable Ponvory.
Is NiceRx a Ponvory coupons provider?
NiceRx is a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Ponvory patient assistance program. We do not offer trial offers or free Ponvory samples. When obtaining your medication through NiceRx, you will only pay $49 a month per medication. This will likely save you more money than if you were to use Ponvory coupons, discount cards, or Ponvory copay cards.
Can NiceRx help me get Ponvory if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you if your insurance company will not pay for your Ponvory medication. We may also be able to help if you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility. Whether you have insurance or not, apply online using our enrollment application to find out more.
How much does Ponvory cost without insurance?
Ponvory prices without insurance will vary depending on how much you buy. Prices will also vary by retailer. As a guide, Ponvory oral tablets typically cost $4,000 for 14 tablets.
How much does Ponvory cost with insurance?
The copay for Ponvory will vary by the terms of your healthcare plan. To find out what you might need to pay for Ponvory with insurance, your insurance provider or pharmacist will be able to help you calculate the copay costs with your current insurance.
What is Ponvory?
Ponvory is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved medication manufactured by Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Ponvory is a sphingosine 1-phosphate receptor modulator for the treatment of relapsing forms of multiple sclerosis (MS), including clinically isolated syndrome, relapsing-remitting disease, and active secondary progressive disease, in adults.
The FDA approval is based, in part, on a two-year, head-to-head Phase 3 clinical trial in which Ponvory 20 mg demonstrated superior ability in reducing annualized relapse rate compared to teriflunomide (Aubagio) 14 mg in patients with relapsing MS. MS is a chronic autoimmune inflammatory disease of the central nervous system (CNS) in which immune cells attack myelin (the protective casing around nerve cells), damaging or destroying it and causing inflammation.
What doses of Ponvory are available?
Ponvory is available in tablet form, in the following doses: 2 mg, 3 mg, 4 mg, 5 mg, 6 mg, 7 mg, 8 mg, 9 mg, 10 mg, and 20 mg.
Assessments are required before the initiation of Ponvory treatment. Titration is required for treatment initiation. The recommended maintenance dosage is 20 mg taken orally once daily. First-dose monitoring is recommended for patients with sinus bradycardia, first or second degree [Mobitz type I] atrioventricular (AV) block, or a history of myocardial infarction or heart failure.
Please see full prescribing information and medication guide for full dosing instructions. Always speak with your healthcare provider for medical advice or about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Ponvory active ingredients
Ponvory contains the active ingredient ponesimod.
Ponvory side effects
The most common side effects of Ponvory in clinical trials include:
- Upper respiratory tract infection
- Hepatic enzyme elevation
- Hypertension (increased blood pressure)
In rare instances, Ponvory can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Increased risk of infections – treatment may reduce the number of white blood cells (lymphocytes) in your blood
- Bradyarrhythmia and atrioventricular conduction delays – may result in a transient decrease in heart rate
- May cause a decline in pulmonary function
- Liver Injury
- Cutaneous malignancies – monitor for suspicious skin lesions
- Macular edema – an eye examination is recommended before starting the treatment or if there is any change in vision during treatment
- Posterior Reversible Encephalopathy Syndrome (PRES) – swelling and narrowing of the blood vessels in your brain. Symptoms include sudden severe headache, sudden confusion, sudden loss of vision or other changes in vision, seizure, severe worsening of multiple sclerosis (MS) after stopping Ponvory
A healthcare professional will assess the benefits of using Ponvory against your risk of side effects. Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions of Ponvory to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Ponvory drug interactions
Ponvory can interact with other medications. These include:
- Live attenuated vaccines
- Strong CYP3A4 and UGT1A1 Inducers
- Medicines that affect your immune system – alemtuzumab, rifampin, phenytoin, carbamazepine
- Medicines to control your heart rhythm, blood pressure, or heart-beat such as calcium channel blockers or beta-blockers
This list is not exhaustive and other prescription drugs may interact with Ponvory. Talk to your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take, including prescription medicines, over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements
You should not use Ponvory if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient ponesimod
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Ponvory
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant. Women of childbearing potential should use effective contraception during and for 1 week after stopping treatment
- Have hepatic Impairment – treatment is not recommended in patients with moderate or severe hepatic impairment (Child-Pugh class B and C)
Talk to your doctor before using Ponvory if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Ponvory
- Have had a myocardial infarction, unstable angina, stroke, transient ischemic attack (TIA), decompensated heart failure requiring hospitalization, Class III/IV heart failure, high blood pressure
- Have Mobitz type II second-degree, third-degree AV block, or sick sinus syndrome, unless you have a functioning pacemaker
- Have a fever or infection, or you are unable to fight infections due to a disease or taking medicines that lower your immune system
- Have had chickenpox or have received the vaccine for chickenpox
- Have breathing problems, including during your sleep
- Have had or have a type of skin cancer called basal cell carcinoma (BCC), melanoma, or squamous cell carcinoma
- Have eye problems, especially an inflammation of the eye called uveitis
- Have diabetes
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Ponvory is the trademark brand name for ponesimod manufactured by Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc. A generic version of ponesimod is not available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Ponvory savings through NiceRx.
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.