Tysabri Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Tysabri medication.Get started today
- Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
- Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
- Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
An introduction to NiceRx(01:52)
Next steps after qualifying(00:38)
Uploading documents and billing(00:50)
SSN & billing information(00:33)
Medication delivery time(00:41)
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are qualified.
You may be required to submit further information and documents required by the pharmaceutical company which can be securely uploaded online.
Your application is created and sent to your doctor for signature. At this stage, you will be billed $49 and will not be billed again until you receive your first medication delivery.
Your application is sent to the pharmaceutical company. You will be billed again once you receive your medication. We handle the entire ordering process including requesting ongoing refills.
Your monthly Tysabri cost savings if eligible
With our assistance, you could access the Tysabri patient assistance program and obtain your medication for free. We only charge a flat monthly fee of $49 per medication for our services.
Am I eligible for Tysabri patient assistance?
We review each Tysabri enrollment application individually to determine if you are eligible. Each assistance program has its own eligibility criteria and the factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Tysabri patient assistance program?
Our process makes it as easy as possible to apply for the Tysabri patient assistance program. Begin by completing the enrollment application form on our website. Tell us about any medications that you are taking, including Tysabri. You must also provide details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income. This is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers who will supply the medication, so it is important to make sure this information is accurate and up to date.
We will review the information that you have provided to determine whether you are eligible for patient assistance. If we can pre-qualify you for assistance, NiceRx will handle the full enrollment process on your behalf. If you are approved by the pharmaceutical company, you will typically start receiving your medication in 6 – 8 weeks.
Is NiceRx a Tysabri coupons provider?
NiceRx is not a Tysabri coupon, Tysabri discount card, or Tysabri copay card provider. We do not offer Tysabri manufacturer coupons, Tysabri discounts, rebates, Tysabri savings cards, trial offers, or free Tysabri samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Tysabri patient assistance program.
Can NiceRx help me get Tysabri if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you get Tysabri if:
- You have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility for Tysabri
- Your insurance company will not pay for your Tysabri prescription
- Your healthcare plan does not cover Tysabri medication
- You do not have insurance
Please apply online to find out if we can help you.
How much is Tysabri with insurance?
The cost of Tysabri with insurance will depend on the terms of your healthcare plan. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance. Contact them to find out more.
How much does Tysabri cost without insurance?
Tysabri prices without insurance will vary depending on how much you buy. Prices will also vary by retailer. As a guide, Tysabri intravenous concentrate (300 mg/15 mL) will cost around $7,700 for 15 milliliters.
What is Tysabri?
Tysabri contains the prescription medicine natalizumab. Natalizumab is a monoclonal antibody designed to act on specific cells only. It acts on the immune system in the body.
Tysabri is used to treat:
- Relapsing multiple sclerosis in adults, which includes relapsing-remitting disease, active secondary progressive disease, and clinically isolated syndrome
- Moderate to severe Crohn’s disease in adults, usually if other medicines did not work or have stopped working
The safety and effectiveness of Tysabri in children under 18 years of age is unknown.
Tysabri active ingredients
Natalizumab binds to specific points on the surface of certain leukocytes (a type of white blood cell). This binding prevents those leukocytes from attaching to the receptors (point of action) they would normally attach to.
Disruption of this interaction stops the movement of leukocytes across the endothelium (a layer of cells that forms an interface) into the inflamed parenchymal tissue of the gastrointestinal tract. Parenchymal tissue are the cells within an organ that carry out its biological function.
In the body, natalizumab acts to block the interaction of leukocytes with their receptors in the cells and tissue of an organ, thereby blocking the action of activated immune cells on inflamed tissue.
The exact method by which Tysabri works in multiple sclerosis and Crohn’s disease is not fully understood.
Tysabri side effects
The most common side effects caused by Tysabri include:
- Diarrhea, stomach pains
- Pains in your joints, arms, or legs
- Cold-like symptoms – blocked nose, sore throat, sneezing, feeling tired
- Vaginal discharge or itching
In rare instances, Tysabri can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Viral infections of the brain or spinal cord, leading to disability or death. Contact your doctor immediately if any of these symptoms occur up to 6 months after your last dose – confusion, memory problems, changes in your mental state, severe headaches, sudden fever, weakness down one side of your body, eye pain or problems with your vision, difficulty walking or talking, or problems using your arms and legs
- Liver problems – jaundice (yellowing of eyes or skin), darker urine, loss of appetite, nausea, upper stomach pain, feeling tired
- Cough with yellow or green mucus
- Fever and chills
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Tysabri against your risk of side effects.
Tysabri drug interactions
Tysabri can interact with other medications. These include:
- Treatments for cancer – abemaciclib, everolimus, ribociclib, dactinomycin
- Steroid treatments – betamethasone, dexamethasone, prednisolone
- Immunosuppressants – azathioprine, cyclosporine, methotrexate
- Treatment for rheumatoid arthritis – leflunomide, teriflunomide
- Other monoclonal antibodies – obinutuzumab, rituximab, venetoclax
- Treatments that prevent organ transplant rejection – sirolimus, tacrolimus
This list is not exhaustive and other drugs may interact with Tysabri.
Tysabri warning and precautions
You should not use Tysabri if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient natalizumab
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Tysabri
- Have ever had PML (progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy)
- Are younger than 18 years old
Talk to your doctor before using Tysabri if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Tysabri
- Have herpes or shingles
- Have leukemia or lymphoma
- Have a fever or an infection
- Have HIV or AIDS
- Have any other condition that can weaken your immune system
- Have liver disease
- Have had an organ transplant
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Tysabri is only available from certified pharmacies under a special program called the TOUCH Prescribing Program. You must be registered in the program and understand the risks and benefits of taking this medicine.
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.