Renflexis Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Renflexis medication with our help.Get Started Now
Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
Convenient: Your medication is delivered straight to your door
Ongoing refills: Your medication is refilled automatically
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible for assistance.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are qualified. The pharmaceutical company provides your medication for free and you only pay our service fee.
We will request documents to be submitted by you and your healthcare provider that are required by the pharmaceutical company to complete your enrollment.
Once approved, the pharmaceutical company typically ships a 90-day supply of medication to your home or healthcare provider’s address.
Your monthly Renflexis cost savings if eligible
If you are eligible for the Renflexis patient assistance program, the cost of your medication will be free. We only charge $49 per month for each medication, to cover our service fees. You could receive your Renflexis prescription for just $49 a month, regardless of the retail price of your medication.
Am I eligible for the Renflexis patient assistance program?
We will review your application to determine whether you are eligible for the Renflexis patient assistance program. Each program has its own eligibility criteria which are set by the pharmaceutical companies, however, the factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Renflexis patient assistance program?
We make it as easy as possible to apply for the Renflexis patient assistance program. The first step is to complete our enrollment application. Tell us about any medications you are taking, including Renflexis. We will also ask for details about your healthcare provider, insurance, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers who ship your medication.
If we determine that you may be eligible for Renflexis assistance, we will handle the application process for you. We will work directly with your healthcare provider to prepare your application documents. Once we have received the signed application and supporting documents, we will submit them to the patient assistance program on your behalf. Our service continues once you are enrolled in the Renflexis patient assistance program, and we will automatically request your Renflexis medication refills for up to 1 year.
Is NiceRx a Renflexis coupons provider?
We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Renflexis patient assistance program. That means that we do not offer printable Renflexis manufacturer coupons, Renflexis discounts, or free Renflexis samples. We are not a Renflexis coupon provider or Renflexis discount card. Our service extends to assisting eligible individuals to access the medications they need through patient assistance programs.
Can NiceRx help me get Renflexis if I have insurance?
We may be able to help you to access Renflexis patient assistance in a variety of circumstances. This includes when your insurance company will not pay for your Renflexis medication or if you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility. We may also be able to help you if you do not have insurance. Please apply online to find out more.
How much does Renflexis cost without insurance?
Renflexis cost without insurance will vary depending on where you buy it. As a guide, Renflexis intravenous powder for injection 100 mg usually costs $800 for 1 powder for injection. With NiceRx you will pay a flat monthly fee of $49, regardless of the retail price of your medication.
How much does Renflexis cost with insurance?
The copay for Renflexis with insurance depends on the terms of your healthcare plan. To find out how much this is, your healthcare provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
What is Renflexis?
Renflexis is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved biologic medication manufactured by Merck. Renflexis is a tumor necrosis factor blocker used for:
- Active Crohn’s Disease – to reduce the signs and symptoms in adult patients with moderate to severely active disease who have not responded to conventional therapy, and to reduce the number of draining enterocutaneous and rectovaginal fistulas and maintain fistula closure in adult patients with fistulizing disease
- Pediatric Crohn’s Disease – to reduce the signs and symptoms in pediatric patients with moderate to severely active disease who have not responded to conventional therapy
- Ulcerative colitis – to reduce the signs, symptoms, and help mucosal healing, and eliminate corticosteroid use in adult patients with moderate to severely active disease in patients who have not responded to conventional therapy
- Rheumatoid Arthritis in combination with methotrexate to reduce the signs and symptoms, inhibit structural damage, and improve physical function in patients with moderate to severely active disease
- Ankylosing Spondylitis – to reduce the signs and symptoms
- Psoriatic Arthritis – to reduce the signs and symptoms of active arthritis, prevent the progression of structural damage, and improve physical function
- Plaque Psoriasis – the treatment of adult patients with chronic severe (extensive or disabling) plaque psoriasis, who are candidates for systemic therapy and other therapies are less appropriate
What doses of Renflexis are available?
Renflexis is available in injection form, in the following doses: 100 mg of lyophilized infliximab-abda in a 20 mL vial for intravenous infusion
Please read the full prescribing information and medication guide and always speak with a healthcare professional about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Renflexis active ingredients
Renflexis contains infliximab-abda as the active ingredient.
Renflexis side effects
The most common side effects of Renflexis in clinical trials include:
- Infections such as upper respiratory, sinusitis, and pharyngitis
- Infusion-related reactions
- Abdominal pain
In rare instances, Renflexis can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Increased risk of serious infections leading to hospitalization or death, including tuberculosis, bacterial sepsis, and invasive fungal infections such as histoplasmosis
- Lymphoma and other malignancies, some fatal, in children and adolescent patients treated with TNF blockers such as infliximab products
- Cases of fatal hepatosplenic T-cell lymphoma (HSTCL) – almost all had received azathioprine or mercaptopurine. The majority of cases were reported in patients with Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis, most of whom were adolescent or young adult males
- Hepatitis B virus reactivation
- Heart failure – new onset or worsening symptoms may occur
- Hypersensitivity – serious infusion reactions including anaphylaxis or serum sickness-like reactions
- Demyelinating disease
- Lupus-like syndrome
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Renflexis against your risk of side effects. Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions of Renflexis to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Renflexis drug interactions
Renflexis can interact with other medications. These include:
- Drugs that weaken the immune system and increase the risk of infection such as abatacept, anakinra, tocilizumab
- Treatment with weakened bacteria or viruses such as live vaccines
- Other medicines to treat Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, psoriatic arthritis, or psoriasis
This list is not exhaustive and other prescription drugs may interact with Renflexis.
You should not use Renflexis if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient infliximab-abda
- Have had an allergic reaction to any of the other ingredients in Renflexis or to any murine proteins
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
Talk to your doctor before using Renflexis if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Renflexis
- Have moderate to severe heart failure
- Have tuberculosis
- Have an infection
- Have a blood or bone marrow disorder
- Have a nervous system disorder such as multiple sclerosis
- Have breast cancer, or skin cancer
- Have chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Have hepatitis B
- Are having light treatment for psoriasis (phototherapy)
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Renflexis is the trademark brand name for infliximab-abda manufactured by Merck. A generic version of infliximab-abda is not available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Renflexis savings through NiceRx.
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program. Subject to medication availability.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.