Novolog Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Novolog medication.Get started today
- Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
- Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
- Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
Your monthly NovoLog cost savings if eligible
You will likely save significantly every month if you are eligible for the NovoLog patient assistance program. With a flat monthly fee of just $49, you could save:
|Strength||Avg. monthly price at
a US pharmacy
|100mg/ml 1 x 10ml vial||$300.00||$49.00||$251.00|
Am I eligible for the NovoLog patient assistance program?
Each patient assistance program will determine the specific eligibility criteria for assistance. If you meet the criteria for NovoLog assistance, you could receive your NovoLog for just $49 each month. The main factors considered by most programs include:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the NovoLog patient assistance program?
We remove the stress out of applying for the NovoLog patient assistance program. In order to be considered for the program, you will need to provide us with some important information before we can handle the enrollment process on your behalf.
To start, simply fill out your enrollment application online. From here, you’ll then need to let us know which medications you’re taking, including NovoLog. We’ll also ask for information about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income.
Having reviewed your information and determined that you may be eligible for NovoLog assistance, we’ll handle the full application process for you. When you are enrolled in the NovoLog patient assistance program, we’ll also request your NovoLog medication refills on your behalf for up to one year.
Is NiceRx a NovoLog coupons provider?
No, NiceRx is not a NovoLog coupons provider. We are also not a NovoLog discount card, or a NovoLog copay card provider. NiceRx is a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the NovoLog patient assistance program.
When obtaining your NovoLog medication in this way, your total cost for the medication will always be $49 per month. This means that you will likely save more with NiceRx compared to printable NovoLog manufacturer coupons, NovoLog discounts, rebates, NovoLog savings cards, trial offers, or free NovoLog samples.
Can NiceRx help me get NovoLog if I have insurance?
We always review each application on its own merits and will consider your unique situation. This means that we may be able to assist in a range of scenarios such as when you have insurance, but your insurance company won’t pay for your NovoLog medication. We could even help if you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility if you don’t have insurance or your Medicare plan doesn’t cover NovoLog. Apply online to find out more. If we need to discuss your personal situation in more detail, one of our customer service representatives will be in touch.
How much is NovoLog with insurance?
The cost of NovoLog with insurance depends on your healthcare plan. To find out what you may need to pay to access your medication in this way, contact a pharmacist or speak to your insurance provider who will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
How much does NovoLog cost without insurance?
NovoLog prices without insurance will vary depending on which type of NovoLog you buy. NovoLog comes in a vial, in pre-filled injectable devices (NovoLog FlexPen or NovoLog FlexTouch), or you can buy NovoLog PenFill cartridges to be used with the injectable devices. Prices will also vary by retailer. As a guide, one 10 ml vial of 100 unit/ml NovoLog will cost around $210.
What is NovoLog?
NovoLog is a man-made insulin used to control blood sugar levels in people with diabetes (both type 1 and type 2 diabetes). It can be prescribed to adults and children over two years old. Diabetes is a disorder where your body doesn’t absorb enough sugar (glucose) from your blood. This can cause your blood sugar levels to be too high for long periods, which can be harmful. NovoLog is a man-made, fast-acting version of insulin. It works in the same as the insulin your body naturally produces, by helping your cells to absorb sugar from your blood.
You inject NovoLog under your skin (subcutaneous injection) when you eat, usually twice a day. This can help lower your blood sugar to normal levels and can reduce the symptoms and complications of your diabetes.
NovoLog active ingredients
The active ingredient in NovoLog is called insulin aspart. It’s a synthetic (man-made) version of insulin. When you digest food and release sugar into your bloodstream, your pancreas secretes insulin. This insulin travels through your bloodstream with the sugar and helps your cells absorb the sugar from your blood.
Insulin aspart works the same as the insulin your pancreas produces, except it’s faster acting. When you inject NovoLog, insulin aspart can start lowering your blood sugar levels within 10 to 20 minutes. This can help to lower your blood sugar levels after you’ve eaten and allow you to maintain normal blood sugar levels.
NovoLog side effects & NovoLog drug interactions
Those that take NovoLog may experience some side effects. The most common include:
- Reactions at the site of injection, like itching, rashes, skin thickening, or pits forming in your skin (lipodystrophy)
- Weight gain
- Swelling of your hands and feet
- Low levels of potassium in your blood (hypokalemia)
NovoLog has been known to cause more serious side effects in rarer instances. These include:
- Severe allergic reactions to the medication
- Hypoglycemia – your blood sugar falling too low, which can be dangerous and lead to coma and other life-threatening conditions
NovoLog can interact with other medications, which can change how NovoLog and the other medications work and can make some side effects more likely. These medications include:
- Any other diabetes medications
- Monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOI), taken to treat depression
- Beta-blockers, taken to treat high blood pressure
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors, taken to treat high blood pressure and certain heart conditions
- Salicylates, like aspirin, taken to relieve pain and lower fever
- Sulphonamides, taken to treat infections
- Contraceptive/birth control pills
- Danazol, a medicine that acts on ovulation
- Sympathomimetics, such as epinephrine or salbutamol, taken to treat asthma
- Thiazides, taken to treat high blood pressure or excessive fluid retention
- Glucocorticoids, such as cortisone, taken to treat inflammation
- Growth hormones, taken to stimulate growth
- Thyroid hormones, taken to treat thyroid gland disorders
- Alcohol, or any medications that contain alcohol
NovoLog warnings & precautions
NovoLog shouldn’t be given to a child younger than two years old. Don’t take NovoLog if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient insulin aspart, or any other forms of insulin
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in NovoLog (you can find these listed in the leaflet which comes with the medication)
You also should not take NovoLog if you know or suspect your blood sugar is too low (hypoglycemia). Talk to your physician before taking NovoLog if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with NovoLog
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Don’t drink alcohol when taking NovoLog. Changes in your blood sugar levels after taking NovoLog can affect your ability to drive, operate machinery, or perform other dangerous activities.
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.