Livalo Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Livalo medication.Get started today
- Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
- Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
- Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
Your monthly Livalo cost savings if eligible
With NiceRx’s help, you could get your Livalo medicine for a flat monthly fee of $49 per month, if eligible.
Am I eligible for the Livalo patient assistance program?
If you meet the eligibility criteria for Livalo assistance, we may be able to enroll you in the Livalo patient assistance program. We review each Livalo enrollment application individually, although the main factors considered by most programs are:
How do I apply for the Livalo patient assistance program?
Our enrollment application process for the Livalo patient assistance program is simple and straightforward. Simply fill out your enrollment application form on our website. At this stage, you will need to provide us with accurate and up-to-date information about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income. This is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers that supply your medication. You will also need to let us know about any medications you’re taking, including Livalo.
Once we review your enrollment application, we will determine whether you may be eligible for Livalo assistance. If so, we will handle the full enrollment process for you. When enrolled in the Livalo patient assistance program, we will also request your Livalo medication refills on your behalf for up to 12 months.
Is NiceRx a Livalo coupons provider?
NiceRx is not a Livalo coupon, a Livalo discount card, or a Livalo copay card provider. We don’t offer printable Livalo manufacturer coupons, Livalo discounts, rebates, Livalo savings cards, trial offers, or free Livalo samples. NiceRx is a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Livalo patient assistance program.
Can NiceRx help me get Livalo if I have insurance?
We may be able to help you if:
- You have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility for Livalo
- Your insurance company won’t pay for your Livalo prescription
- Your healthcare plan doesn’t cover Livalo medication
- You don’t have insurance
Apply online to find out more.
How much is Livalo with insurance?
The terms of your insurance plan will determine the cost of Livalo with insurance. To find out what you may need to pay, contact your insurance provider or pharmacist. They will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
How much does Livalo cost without insurance?
Livalo prices without insurance will vary by retailer. As a guide, a pack of 90 Livalo tablets, at either 1 mg, 2 mg, or 4 mg strengths, will cost over $1,000.
What is Livalo?
Livalo is a statin medication taken to treat high cholesterol levels. Used alongside exercise and dietary changes, it can reduce:
- Total cholesterol
- ‘Bad’ low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol
- Other blood fats called triglycerides
- Proteins that attach to fats in your blood called apolipoproteins.
It can also raise levels of ‘good’ high-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol
Livalo is prescribed to:
- Adults with high LDL cholesterol levels due to genetic causes (primary hyperlipidemia)
- Adults with high LDL cholesterol levels and low HDL cholesterol levels (mixed dyslipidemia)
- Children aged 8 years and over who have a condition called homozygous familial hypercholesterolemia that raises their LDL cholesterol, triglyceride, and apolipoprotein levels
You take Livalo once daily as a tablet that must be swallowed. It helps to lower your cholesterol levels by reducing your body’s ability to make cholesterol. The medication also causes your body to remove more cholesterol, triglycerides, and apolipoproteins from your blood and can increase your good cholesterol levels. This can reduce your risk of heart disease, heart attacks, and strokes.
Livalo active ingredients
The active ingredient in Livalo is called pitavastatin. It’s a statin drug that can lower your total cholesterol, bad LDL cholesterol, triglyceride, and apolipoprotein levels. It can also raise your good HDL cholesterol levels.
When you take Livalo, pitavastatin stops your body from making cholesterol by blocking an enzyme used in the cholesterol-producing process. It also helps your body reabsorb bad LDL cholesterol, triglycerides, and apolipoproteins from your blood. Pitavastatin has also been shown to raise your good HDL cholesterol levels, although it’s not fully understood how.
Livalo side effects & Livalo drug interactions
The most common side effects caused by Livalo include:
- Back pain
- Limb pain
- Muscle pain
In rare instances, Livalo can cause more serious side effects, like:
- An increased risk of developing the muscle diseases myopathy and rhabdomyolysis
- Liver problems, including liver failure
- Increases in blood-glucose levels (diabetes)
- Severe allergic reactions to the medication
Livalo can interact with other medications, specifically:
- A medication called cyclosporine, used to treat a range of inflammatory autoimmune conditions (Livalo and cyclosporine should not be used together)
- Fibrate medications, taken to treat high cholesterol levels
- Niacin, a type of B vitamin used to treat high cholesterol levels
- Gemfibrozil, used to treat high triglyceride levels
- Any other medications taken to treat high cholesterol or high triglyceride levels
- Colchicine, used to treat gout and Behçet’s disease
Livalo warnings & precautions
Don’t take Livalo if you are pregnant, are trying to get pregnant, or think you may be pregnant. Stop taking Livalo immediately and tell your doctor if you fall pregnant whilst taking the medication. You should also not take Livalo if you’re breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed.
Don’t take Livalo if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient pitavastatin, or any of the other ingredients in Livalo
- Are currently taking cyclosporine
- Have any liver problems
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.