Mektovi Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Mektovi medication with our help.Get started today
- Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
- Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
- Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
An introduction to NiceRx(01:52)
Next steps after qualifying(00:38)
Uploading documents and billing(00:50)
SSN & billing information(00:33)
Medication delivery time(00:41)
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are qualified. The pharmaceutical company provides your medication for free and you only pay our service fee.
You may be required to submit further information and documents required by the pharmaceutical company which can be securely uploaded online.
Your application is created and sent to your doctor for signature. At this stage, you will be billed $49 and will not be billed again until you receive your first medication delivery.
Your application is sent to the pharmaceutical company. You will be billed again once you receive your medication. We handle the entire ordering process including requesting ongoing refills.
Your monthly Mektovi cost savings if eligible
The Mektovi patient assistance program can provide your medication for free. We simply charge $49 per month for each medication to cover the cost of our services. With NiceRx, you will only pay $49 to obtain your Mektovi, regardless of the retail price.
Am I eligible for the Mektovi patient assistance program?
To find out if you are eligible for Mektovi assistance you can apply online using our enrollment application. Each pharmaceutical company sets its eligibility criteria, and we will review your application individually to determine if you may be eligible. The three main factors to consider are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Mektovi patient assistance program?
Our application process aims to make it as easy as possible to apply for the Mektovi patient assistance program. The first step is to complete our online enrollment application. We will ask you for details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income as this information is required by the pharmaceutical companies. We may be able to help you apply for other patient assistance programs too, so be sure to tell us about any medications you are taking as well as Mektovi.
NiceRx will review your application and determine whether you may be eligible for Mektovi assistance. If so, we will handle the full enrollment process for you and prepare all required documents for your healthcare provider to sign. Once you are successfully enrolled in the Mektovi patient assistance program, we will help you manage your prescription refills by requesting refills on your behalf throughout your enrollment period. At the end of your enrollment period, we will contact you for updated information and seek to re-enroll you so you can continue to access affordable Mektovi.
Is NiceRx a Mektovi coupons provider?
NiceRx is a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Mektovi patient assistance program. We do not offer trial offers or free Mektovi samples. When obtaining your medication through NiceRx, you will only pay $49 a month per medication. This will likely save you more money than if you were to use Mektovi coupons, discount cards, or Mektovi copay cards.
Can NiceRx help me get Mektovi if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you if your insurance company will not pay for your Mektovi medication. We may also be able to help if you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility. Whether you have insurance or not, apply online using our enrollment application to find out more.
How much does Mektovi cost without insurance?
Mektovi prices without insurance will vary depending on how much you buy. Prices will also vary by retailer. As a guide, Mektovi oral tablets 15 mg typically cost $13,000 for 180 tablets.
How much does Mektovi cost with insurance?
The copay for Mektovi will vary by the terms of your healthcare plan. To find out what you might need to pay for Mektovi with insurance, your insurance provider or pharmacist will be able to help you calculate the copay costs with your current insurance.
What is Mektovi?
Mektovi is an FDA-approved medication manufactured by Array BioPharma Inc. It contains the prescription drug binimetinib and is used in combination with Braftovi (encorafenib), for the treatment of patients with unresectable or metastatic melanoma with a BRAF V600E or V600K mutation (a type of skin cancer).
What doses of Mektovi are available?
Mektovi is available in tablet form, in the following doses: 15 mg.
Always speak with your healthcare provider about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Mektovi should be taken exactly as your healthcare provider advises. Your healthcare provider may change your dose of Mektovi, temporarily or completely stop your treatment if you have certain side effects. Take Mektovi with encorafenib by 2 times a day, 12 hours apart. It can be taken with or without food. If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is within 6 hours of your next dose, take your next dose at its usual time. Do not make up for the missed dose and not take an extra dose if you vomit after taking your regular dose. Take your next dose at your usual time.
Mektovi active ingredients
Binimetinib belongs to a class of drugs known as MEK inhibitors (or kinase inhibitors). Its mechanism of action is to inhibit the mitogen-activated protein kinase enzymes (MEK1 and/or MEK2). They affect the MAPK/ERK pathways which are overactive in some cancers. Mektovi slows or stops the growth of cancer cells.
Mektovi side effects
The most common side effects and adverse reactions caused by Mektovi include:
- Abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, constipation
- Pain or swelling of your joints
In rare instances, Mektovi can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Pneumonitis or interstitial lung disease – cough, shortness of breath, fatigue
- Rhabdomyolysis – muscle pain, feeling weak or tired
- Retinal Vein Occlusion, uveitis, retinopathy – decrease in vision, photophobia
- Other eye problems – seeing halos around lights, eye pain or swelling
- Severe skin rash, with pain or swelling
- Liver problems – nausea, vomiting, dark urine, yellowing of the skin or eyes
- Signs of bleeding problems – weakness, dizziness, headache, bloody or tarry stools, coughing up blood, or vomit that looks like coffee grounds
- Signs of a blood clot – chest pain, sudden cough or difficulty breathing, pain or swelling in an arm or leg, pale skin, cold feeling in an arm or leg
- Heart problems – shortness of breath, increased heartbeats, swelling in your feet or ankles
- Venous thromboembolism – advise contacting healthcare provider if you experience symptoms of venous thrombosis or pulmonary embolism
Speak to your healthcare professional for medical advice about adverse events. You can report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Mektovi drug interactions
Mektovi can interact with other medications. These include:
- Other kinase inhibitors – acalabrutinib, avapritinib, dasatinib, ibrutinib
- Iron chelators – deferasirox
- DMARDs (disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs) for rheumatoid arthritis – leflunomide, teriflunomide
- Tipranavir – protease inhibitors
This list is not exhaustive and other drugs may interact with Mektovi. Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take, including prescription drugs and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements
You should not use Mektovi if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient binimetinib
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Mektovi
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant – Mektovi can cause harm to an unborn baby when given to a pregnant woman. Females of reproductive potential are advised to use contraception during treatment and for at least 30 days after the final dose
Talk to your doctor before using Mektovi if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Mektovi
- Have hepatic impairment
- Have heart problems
- Have had blood clots
- Have eye problems
- Have lung or breathing problems
- Have kidney problems
- Have bleeding problems
- Have high blood pressure (hypertension)
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed – do not breastfeed during treatment with and for 3 days after the final dose
Mektovi is the trademark brand name for binimetinib manufactured by Array BioPharma Inc. A generic version of binimetinib is not available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Mektovi savings through NiceRx.
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.