Tykerb Coupon & Prices
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Tykerb medication with our help.Get Started Now
Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
Convenient: Your medication is delivered straight to your door
Ongoing refills: Your medication is refilled automatically
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible for assistance.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are qualified. The pharmaceutical company provides your medication for free and you only pay our service fee.
We will request documents to be submitted by you and your healthcare provider that are required by the pharmaceutical company to complete your enrollment.
Once approved, the pharmaceutical company typically ships a 90-day supply of medication to your home or healthcare provider’s address.
Your monthly Tykerb cost savings if eligible
If you are eligible to receive your Tykerb prescription through the patient assistance program, your medication will be free. We charge a flat monthly service fee of $49 per medication to cover the cost of our services.
Am I eligible for Tykerb patient assistance?
To be eligible for the Tykerb patient assistance program, you will need to meet specific eligibility criteria set by the pharmaceutical company. At NiceRx, we review each Tykerb enrollment application individually. The main factors considered are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Tykerb patient assistance program?
Applying for the Tykerb patient assistance program through NiceRx is simple. Begin by completing the enrollment application on our website. We will ask for details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers that supply your medication. We may be able to help you access patient assistance for other medications as well as Tykerb, so please tell us about any medications that you have been prescribed.
If we determine that you may be eligible for Tykerb assistance, we will handle the full enrollment process on your behalf. We will work with your healthcare provider to prepare and submit all the documents required for you to enroll. If you are successfully enrolled in the Tykerb patient assistance program, we will also request your Tykerb medication refills on your behalf for up to 1 year. At the end of your enrollment period, we will contact you for updated details and seek to re-enroll you in the program.
Is NiceRx a Tykerb coupons provider?
NiceRx does not provide Tykerb coupons, discount cards, or copay cards. We do not offer printable Tykerb manufacturer coupons, Tykerb discounts, rebates, Tykerb savings cards, trial offers, or free samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access patient assistance programs. Our service cost is $49 a month per medication, so you will likely save more on your Tykerb medication with NiceRx.
Can NiceRx help me get Tykerb if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you access Tykerb patient assistance if:
- You have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility for Tykerb
- Your insurance company will not pay for your Tykerb prescription
- You do not have insurance
Complete your enrollment application online to find out more.
How much does Tykerb cost without insurance?
Tykerb prices without insurance will vary by retailer. As a guide, Tykerb tablets 250 mg will typically cost around $8,700 for 150 tablets.
How much does Tykerb cost with insurance?
Your individual healthcare plan will determine the copay of Tykerb with insurance. To find out what you will need to pay, contact your pharmacist or insurance provider. They will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
What is Tykerb?
Tykerb is an FDA-approved cancer treatment manufactured by Novartis. Tykerb contains lapatinib and is given in combination with:
- Xeloda (capecitabine) – for the treatment of patients with advanced HER2-positive breast cancer whose tumors overexpress human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 (HER2 receptor) and have stopped responding to anthracycline and taxane chemotherapy and Herceptin (trastuzumab)
- Femara (letrozole), a type of hormonal therapy, to treat postmenopausal women who have been diagnosed with hormone-receptor-positive, HER2-positive metastatic breast cancer
What doses of Tykerb are available?
Tykerb is available in tablet form, in doses of 250mg.
Always speak with your healthcare provider about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Tykerb active ingredients
Tykerb belongs to a class of medications called tyrosine kinase inhibitors (TKIs) and belongs to the signal transduction inhibitor category of targeted therapies. It is an inhibitor that interferes with the protein-tyrosine kinases, epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR [ErbB1]), and human epidermal receptor type 2 (HER2 [ErbB2]). This limits the amount of energy breast cancer cells have to grow and multiply and can slow or stop the growth of breast cancer.
Tykerb side effects
The most common side effects caused by Tykerb include:
- Indigestion, diarrhea
- Nausea, vomiting
- Rash, itching, dry skin
- Pain or redness on the palms of your hands or the soles of your feet
- Tiredness, feeling weak
- Nosebleeds, mouth sores
- Hepatotoxicity (liver damage) has been seen in clinical trials and postmarketing experience – your dose of Tykerb may need to be lowered if this occurs, symptoms include nausea, stomach, abdominal pain, dark urine, or yellowing eyes/skin
In rare instances, Tykerb can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Severe or ongoing diarrhea
- Interstitial lung disease and pneumonitis – new or worsening cough, wheezing, chest pain, feeling short of breath
- Severe skin reactions
- Fever, sore throat, swelling in your face or tongue, burning in your eyes, skin pain followed by a red or purple skin rash that spreads and causes blistering and peeling
- QT prolongation – fast or irregular heartbeat, severe dizziness, fainting, headache
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088 or at www.fda.gov/medwatch.
Tykerb drug interactions
Tykerb can interact with other medications. These include:
- Heart or blood pressure medicines
- Treatments for HIV or AIDS
- Medication for seizures
- St. John’s wort
- Grapefruit – do not drink grapefruit juice or eat grapefruit during your treatment with Tykerb
This list is not exhaustive and other drugs may interact with Tykerb. Tell your doctor or health care professional about all the medicines you take, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
You should not use Tykerb if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient lapatinib
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Tykerb
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant – it could harm the unborn baby or cause birth defects. Use effective birth control (contraception) to prevent pregnancy while you are using this medicine
Talk to your doctor before using Tykerb if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Tykerb
- Have heart problems
- Have liver disease (lapatinib can cause severe or fatal liver problems) – liver function tests will be needed before starting treatment
- Have an electrolyte imbalance (such as low levels of potassium or magnesium in your blood)
- Have a family history of long QT syndrome
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Tykerb is the trademark brand name for lapatinib manufactured by Novartis. A generic version of lapatinib is available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Tykerb savings through NiceRx.
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program. Subject to medication availability.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.