Your monthly Oriahnn cost savings if eligible
If you are eligible for the Oriahnn patient assistance program, the cost of your medication will be free. We only charge $49 per month for each medication, to cover our service fees. You could receive your Oriahnn prescription for just $49 a month, regardless of the retail price of your medication.
Am I eligible for the Oriahnn patient assistance program?
We will review your application to determine whether you are eligible for the Oriahnn patient assistance program. Each program has its eligibility criteria which are set by the pharmaceutical companies, however, the factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Oriahnn patient assistance program?
We make it as easy as possible to apply for the Oriahnn patient assistance program. The first step is to complete our enrollment application. Tell us about any medications you are taking, including Oriahnn. We will also ask for details about your healthcare provider, insurance, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers who ship your medication.
If we determine that you may be eligible for Oriahnn assistance, we will handle the application process for you. We will work directly with your healthcare provider to prepare your application documents. Once we have received the signed application and supporting documents, we will submit them to the patient assistance program on your behalf. Our service continues once you are enrolled in the Oriahnn patient assistance program, and we will automatically request your Oriahnn medication refills for up to 1 year.
Is NiceRx an Oriahnn coupons provider?
We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Oriahnn patient assistance program. That means that we do not offer printable Oriahnn manufacturer coupons, Oriahnn discounts, or free Oriahnn samples. We are not an Oriahnn coupon provider or Oriahnn discount card. Our service extends to assisting eligible individuals to access the medications they need through patient assistance programs.
Can NiceRx help me get Oriahnn if I have insurance?
We may be able to help you to access Oriahnn’s patient assistance in a variety of circumstances. This includes when your insurance company will not pay for your Oriahnn medication or if you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility. We may also be able to help you if you do not have insurance. Please apply online to find out more.
How much does Oriahnn cost without insurance?
Oriahnn cost without insurance will vary depending on where you buy it. As a guide, Oriahnn oral capsules (300 mg-1 mg-0.5 mg) usually cost $1,100 for 56. With NiceRx you will pay a flat monthly fee of $49, regardless of the retail price of your medication.
How much does Oriahnn cost with insurance?
The copay for Oriahnn with insurance depends on the terms of your healthcare plan. To find out how much this is, your healthcare provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
What is Oriahnn?
Oriahnn is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved medication manufactured by AbbVie Inc. It is a combination of elagolix, a gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) receptor antagonist, estradiol, an estrogen, and norethindrone acetate, a progestin. Oriahnn is indicated for the management of heavy menstrual bleeding associated with uterine fibroids in premenopausal women. The use of Oriahnn should be limited to 24 months due to the risk of continued bone loss, which may not be reversible.
Oriahnn is not recommended in women who have a current or a history of thrombotic or thromboembolic disorders and in women at increased risk for these events including women over 35 years of age who smoke, or women with uncontrolled high blood pressure.
What doses of Oriahnn are available?
Oriahnn is available in capsule form, in the following doses: Morning capsule: elagolix 300 mg, estradiol 1 mg, norethindrone acetate 0.5 mg, evening capsule: elagolix 300 mg.
Take one-morning capsule (elagolix 300 mg, estradiol 1 mg, norethindrone acetate 0.5 mg) in the morning and one evening capsule (elagolix 300 mg) in the evening for up to 24 months.
Please read the full medication guide and always speak with a healthcare professional for medical advice or about your treatment options so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Oriahnn active ingredients
Oriahnn contains elagolix, estradiol, and norethindrone acetate as the active ingredients.
Oriahnn side effects
The most common side effects of Oriahnn in clinical trials compared to placebo include:
- Hot flushes
- Hair loss (maybe permanent)
- Irregular menstrual periods
In rare instances, Oriahnn can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Chest pain or pressure spreading to your jaw or shoulder
- Swelling, pain, warmth, or redness in arm or leg
- Shortness of breath
- Severe headache, difficulty speaking
- Increased blood pressure
- Mood disorders or behavior changes, depression, anxiety, suicidal thoughts
- Hepatic or gallbladder problems – loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, bruising, swelling, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice
- Thromboembolic disorders and vascular events – discontinue if an arterial or venous thrombotic, cardiovascular, or cerebrovascular event occurs, sudden unexplained partial or complete loss of vision, proptosis, diplopia, papilledema, or retinal vascular lesions and evaluate for retinal vein thrombosis immediately
- Decreases in bone mineral density (BMD) – periodic BMD assessments are recommended
- Allergic reactions due to the inactive ingredient FD&C Yellow No 5 (tartrazine)
Your risk of these side effects is increased if you are older than 35 and you smoke, or if you have high cholesterol, diabetes, uncontrolled high blood pressure, or if you are overweight. Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Oriahnn against your risk of side effects. You are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions of Oriahnn to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Oriahnn drug interactions
Oriahnn can interact with other medications. These include:
- Strong CYP3A inhibitors – use of Oriahnn with strong CYP3A inhibitors may increase elagolix, estradiol, and norethindrone plasma concentrations
- Substrates of CYP2C19
- Substrates of P-GP
- OATP1B1 inhibitors
- Grapefruit products
This list is not exhaustive and other prescription drugs may interact with Oriahnn. Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take, including prescription drugs and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
You should not use Oriahnn if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient elagolix, estradiol, and norethindrone acetate
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Oriahnn
- Have a high risk of arterial, venous thrombotic, or thromboembolic disorder
- Have known osteoporosis
- Have breast cancer or a history of breast cancer
- Have liver impairment or disease
- Have undiagnosed abnormal uterine bleeding
- Have a history of heart attack, stroke, blood clots, blood circulation problems, heart valve disorder or heart rhythm problems, or uncontrolled high blood pressure
- Have problems caused by diabetes that affect your eyes, kidneys, nerves, or blood vessels
- Have gallbladder problems
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant – You will need to use effective methods of non-hormonal contraception (birth control) while taking Oriahnn and for 1 week after you stop treatment. Oriahnn may delay your ability to recognize the occurrence of pregnancy because it alters menstrual bleeding. Take a pregnancy test if you suspect you are pregnant
Talk to your doctor before using Oriahnn if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Oriahnn
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Oriahnn is the trademark brand name for elagolix, estradiol, and norethindrone acetate manufactured by AbbVie Inc. A generic version of elagolix, estradiol, and norethindrone acetate is not available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Oriahnn savings through NiceRx.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.