Pegasys Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Pegasys medication.Get started today
- Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
- Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
- Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
An introduction to NiceRx(01:52)
Next steps after qualifying(00:38)
Uploading documents and billing(00:50)
SSN & billing information(00:33)
Medication delivery time(00:41)
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are qualified.
You may be required to submit further information and documents required by the pharmaceutical company which can be securely uploaded online.
Your application is created and sent to your doctor for signature. At this stage, you will be billed $49 and will not be billed again until you receive your first medication delivery.
Your application is sent to the pharmaceutical company. You will be billed again once you receive your medication. We handle the entire ordering process including requesting ongoing refills.
Your monthly Pegasys cost savings if eligible
With our assistance, you could access the Pegasys patient assistance program and obtain your medication for free. We only charge a flat monthly fee of $49 per medication for our services.
Am I eligible for Pegasys patient assistance?
We review each Pegasys enrollment application individually to determine if you are eligible. Each assistance program has its own eligibility criteria and the factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Pegasys patient assistance program?
Our process makes it as easy as possible to apply for the Pegasys patient assistance program. Begin by completing the enrollment application form on our website. Tell us about any medications that you are taking, including Pegasys. You must also provide details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income. This is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers who will supply the medication, so it is important to make sure this information is accurate and up to date.
We will review the information that you have provided to determine whether you are eligible for patient assistance. If we can pre-qualify you for assistance, NiceRx will handle the full enrollment process on your behalf. If you are approved by the pharmaceutical company, you will typically start receiving your medication in 6 – 8 weeks.
Is NiceRx a Pegasys coupons provider?
NiceRx is not a Pegasys coupon, Pegasys discount card, or Pegasys copay card provider. We do not offer Pegasys manufacturer coupons, Pegasys discounts, rebates, Pegasys savings cards, trial offers, or free Pegasys samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Pegasys patient assistance program.
Can NiceRx help me get Pegasys if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you get Pegasys if:
- You have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility for Pegasys
- Your insurance company will not pay for your Pegasys prescription
- Your healthcare plan does not cover Pegasys medication
- You do not have insurance
Please apply online to find out if we can help you.
How much is Pegasys with insurance?
The cost of Pegasys with insurance will depend on the terms of your healthcare plan. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance. Contact them to find out more.
How much does Pegasys cost without Insurance?
Pegasys prices without insurance will vary depending on how much you buy. Prices will also vary by retailer. As a guide, Pegasys solution (180 mcg/mL) will cost around $1,100 for 1 milliliter.
What is Pegasys?
Pegasys contains the prescription medicine peginterferon alfa-2b. Pegasys is used:
- To treat hepatitis C virus (HCV) with other antiviral medicines for adults who have had long lasting hepatitis C infection and compensated liver disease
- On its own to treat adults with chronic hepatitis C (CHC) and compensated liver disease, who are unable to take other HCV antiviral medicines
- With Ribavirin to treat children who are at least 5 years of age and have CHC and compensated liver disease
- Alone, to treat adults and children 3 years of age and older with chronic hepatitis B (CHB) virus who have signs that they have liver damage
- To treat children with CHC that are under 5 years of age or children with CHB under 3 years of age
- To treat people with Hepatitis B virus (HBV) who also have HCV or HIV infection
- To treat people with HCV who also have HBV, or HIV infection and their CD4+ cell count is less than 100 cells/mm3
Pegasys should not be used on its own or with Ribavirin, without taking other hepatitis C virus (HCV) medicines. Pegasys should not be used on its own or with Ribavirin to treat people with CHC who have already taken interferon-alfa and it did not work. Pegasys should not be used to treat people with CHC who have had an organ transplant.
Pegasys active ingredients
Pegasys is seen to affect a wide variety of cell types in your body. The cells stimulated by Pegasys show a number of different responses to being activated by interferon α-2a. This activation creates a number of different biological effects on your body.
Pegasys is injected under the skin, normally once per week on the same day of the week. Peginterferon alfa-2a doses are calculated based on body surface area (height and weight) in children. Your child’s dose may need to be changed if they are still growing. Your dose may change if you change the brand, strength, or form of this medicine. Errors should be avoided by using only the form and strength your doctor has prescribed.
Pegasys side effects
The most common side effects caused by Pegasys include:
- Muscle or joint pain, tiredness
In rare instances, Pegasys can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Severe stomach pain
- Blood in diarrhea
- Problems breathing, new or worsening cough, cough with a yellow or pink color
- Burning, tingling, or numbness in your arms or legs
- Burning or pain when you urinate
- Sudden numbness or weakness, slurred speech, problems with balance
- Changes in your vision
- Fever, mouth sores, skin sores, easily bruised, unusual bleeding, pale skin, cold hands and feet, feeling light-headed or short of breath
- Confusion, sweating, feeling thirsty, increased urination, feeling weak, fruity breath odor, feeling shaky or faint, weight loss
- Severe pain in your upper stomach spreading to your back
- Weight changes, skin changes, difficulty concentrating, changes in body temperature
- Swelling around your midsection, feeling sick, diarrhea, loss of appetite, drowsiness, yellow color to the skin or eyes, loss of consciousness
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Pegasys against your risk of side effects.
Pegasys drug interactions
Pegasys can interact with other medications. These include:
- Treatments for mood disorders such as schizophrenia – clozapine
- Treatments for cancer – baricitinib
- Treatments for multiple sclerosis – fingolimod, ozanimod, siponimod
- DMARDs (disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs) for rheumatoid arthritis – leflunomide, teriflunomide
- Treatments for auto-immune diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis, Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis – natalizumab, brentuximab, certolizumab
- Opioid pain killers – tramadol
- Immunosuppressants – voclosporin
- Treatments for high blood cholesterol – atorvastatin, pravastatin, rosuvastatin, simvastatin
This list is not exhaustive and other drugs may interact with Pegasys.
Pegasys warning and precautions
You should not use Pegasys if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient peginterferon or any type of interferon alfa
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Pegasys
- Have autoimmune hepatitis
- Have severe liver damage
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
- Are a child younger than 1 year old
Talk to your doctor before using Pegasys if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Pegasys
- Have both hepatitis B and hepatitis C
- Have any other liver problems other than hepatitis B or C
- Have HIV or AIDS
- Have heart disease, high blood pressure, or have had a heart attack
- Have lung disease
- Have diabetes
- Have a thyroid disorder
- Have kidney disease
- Have colitis
- Have cancer
- Have an autoimmune disorder such as rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, or psoriasis
- Have a low blood cell count
- Have a hemoglobin blood cell disorder
- Have had an organ transplant
- Have a high level of blood triglycerides
- Have a drug or alcohol addiction
- Suffer from depression or any sort of mental illness
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.