Mekinist Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Mekinist medication.Get started today
- Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
- Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
- Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
An introduction to NiceRx(01:52)
Next steps after qualifying(00:38)
Uploading documents and billing(00:50)
SSN & billing information(00:33)
Medication delivery time(00:41)
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are qualified.
You may be required to submit further information and documents required by the pharmaceutical company which can be securely uploaded online.
Your application is created and sent to your doctor for signature. At this stage, you will be billed $49 and will not be billed again until you receive your first medication delivery.
Your application is sent to the pharmaceutical company. You will be billed again once you receive your medication. We handle the entire ordering process including requesting ongoing refills.
Your monthly Mekinist cost savings if eligible
If you are eligible for the Mekinist patient assistance program, the cost of your medication will be free. We only charge $49 a month, per medication, to cover our service fees. You could receive your Mekinist prescription for just $49 a month, regardless of the retail price of your medication.
Am I eligible for the Mekinist patient assistance program?
We will review your application to determine whether you are eligible for the Mekinist patient assistance program. Each program has its own eligibility criteria which is set by the pharmaceutical companies, however, the factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Mekinist patient assistance program?
We make it as easy as possible to apply for the Mekinist patient assistance program. The first step is to complete our enrollment application. Tell us about any medications you are taking, including Mekinist. We will also ask for details about your healthcare provider, insurance, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers who ship your medication.
If we determine that you may be eligible for Mekinist assistance, we will handle the application process for you. We will work directly with your healthcare provider to prepare your application documents. Once we have received the signed application and supporting documents, we will submit them to the patient assistance program on your behalf. Our service continues once you are enrolled in the Mekinist patient assistance program, and we will automatically request your Mekinist medication refills for up to 1 year.
Is NiceRx a Mekinist coupons provider?
We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Mekinist patient assistance program. That means that we do not offer printable Mekinist manufacturer coupons, Mekinist discounts, or free Mekinist samples. We are not a Mekinist coupon provider or Mekinist discount card. Our service extends to assisting eligible individuals to access the medications they need through patient assistance programs.
Can NiceRx help me get Mekinist if I have insurance?
We may be able to help you to access Mekinist patient assistance in a variety of circumstances. This includes when your insurance company will not pay for your Mekinist medication or if you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility. We may also be able to help you if you do not have insurance. Please apply online to find out more.
How much is Mekinist with insurance?
The cost of Mekinist with insurance depends on the terms of your healthcare plan. To find out how much this is, your healthcare provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
How much does Mekinist cost without insurance?
Mekinist prices without insurance will vary depending on where you buy it and how much you buy. As a guide, Mekinist tablets usually cost $3,900 for 30 tablets. With NiceRx you will pay a flat monthly fee of $49, regardless of the retail price of your medication.
What is Mekinist?
Mekinist contains the prescription medicine trametinib which is a cancer treatment. Mekinist can be used alone or in combination with another medicine called dabrafenib to treat certain types of cancer in people who have a “BRAF” gene mutation.
- Skin cancer (melanoma) that has spread to other parts of the body, to prevent melanoma from coming back after surgery, or for melanoma that can not be treated with surgery
- Non-small cell lung cancer that has spread to other parts of the body
- Anaplastic thyroid cancer (ATC), which a type of thyroid cancer that has spread and there are no treatments available
Mekinist should not be used to treat people who have already used a BRAF inhibitor for the treatment of their melanoma, where it did not work or is not working anymore.
Mekinist active ingredients
Trametinib blocks certain enzymes in your body from carrying out their function, this helps to stop cancer cells from growing and spreading. Using trametinib and dabrafenib together in a combination has a better result against cancer than using either medicine on its own.
Mekinist is used only if your cancer has a specific genetic “BFRAF” marker. Your doctor will test you for this. Mekinist should be taken on an empty stomach, at least 1 hour before or 2 hours after a meal. You will need to have your skin checked by your doctor every 2 months while using Mekinist, and for up to 6 months after you have taken your last tablet. Your blood pressure and heart, as well as your vision, will need to be checked regularly. If you have a fever and severe chills for 3 days or longer, you may be given steroid treatment.
Mekinist side effects
The most common side effects caused by Mekinist include:
- Nausea, vomiting
- Diarrhea, loss of appetite
- Fever, headaches, tiredness
- Hypertension (increased blood pressure)
- Muscle or joint pain
- Difficulty breathing, cough
- Swelling in your arms, face, and legs
- Dry skin, rash
In rare instances, Mekinist can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Difficulty urinating
- Severe headaches, blurred vision, dizziness
- Stomach pain, severe diaarhea
- Increased thirst or urination
- Eye pain or swelling, changes in vision
- Severe skin rash, skin redness, pain, swelling, and peeling skin on your hands or feet
- Feeling weak, bloody or tarry stools, coughing up blood, or vomit that looks like coffee grounds
- Chest pain, difficulty breathing, pale skin, pain, swelling, or cold feeling in an arm or leg
- Faster heartbeats, swelling in your feet or ankles
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Mekinist against your risk of side effects.
Mekinist drug interactions
Mekinist can interact with other medications. These include:
- Treatment for prostate cancer – apalutamide, enzalutamide
- Treatment for other types of cancer – brigatinib, dabrafenib, encorafenib, erdafitinib, gilteritinib, tucatinib, midostaurin
- Treatment for migraines – lasmiditan
- Antibiotic treatment for acne – sarecycline
This list is not exhaustive and other drugs may interact with Mekinist.
Mekinist warning and precautions
You should not use Mekinist if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient trametinib
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Mekinist
Talk to your doctor before using Mekinist if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Mekinist
- Have heart disease or high blood pressure
- Have bleeding problems, or a blood clot
- Have diabetes
- Have lung disease
- Have liver or kidney disease
- Have a stomach or intestinal disorder
- Have any eye problems
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.