Verzenio Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Verzenio medication.Get started today
- Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
- Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
- Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
Your monthly Verzenio cost savings if eligible
If you are eligible for the Verzenio patient assistance program you can get your medication for free. Our monthly flat rate of $49 per medication covers the cost of our services in applying for the program and requesting your ongoing refills on your behalf. If you obtain your Verzenio through NiceRx you will only pay $49 a month regardless of the retail price of your medication.
Am I eligible for the Verzenio patient assistance program?
You could receive your Verzenio without paying the full retail price if you meet the eligibility criteria for assistance. This criteria is set by the pharmaceutical companies who are providing assistance programs. At NiceRx we review each application individually, although the main factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for Verzenio patient assistance?
We do everything that we can to take the hassle and stress out of applying for patient assistance programs. Simply start by filling in our enrollment application. We will ask for details about your healthcare provider, your insurance and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical companies you are applying to for assistance. We may also be able to help you access patient assistance for other medications that you have been prescribed, so be sure to tell us about any medications you are taking as well as Verzenio.
NiceRx will review the information you have provided and if we determine that you may be eligible for assistance we will seek to enroll you in the Verzenio patient assistance program. We will handle the enrollment process for you by working with your healthcare provider and preparing all the required paperwork for your doctor to sign. We will also request your Verzenio medication refills on your behalf for up to 1 year once you are enrolled in the program.
Is NiceRx a Verzenio coupons provider?
At NiceRx we help eligible individuals access the Verzenio patient assistance program. This means that we are not a Verzenio coupon, a Verzenio discount card or a Verzenio copay card provider. We do not offer any medication trial offers or free Verzenio samples.
Can NiceRx help me get Verzenio if I have insurance?
We may be able to help you if you have insurance, including if your insurance company will not pay for your Verzenio medication or you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility. We may even be able to assist if you do not have insurance. Please fill in our enrollment application to find out more.
How much is Verzenio with insurance?
The cost of Verzenio will vary in line with the specific terms of your healthcare plan. For further details about what you may need to pay, your insurance provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate the copay costs with your current insurance.
How much does Verzenio cost without insurance?
Verzenio costs without insurance will vary depending on the strength of Verzenio tablets you buy (50 mg, 100 mg, 150 mg or 200 mg) and the retailer you buy it from. As a guide, Verzenio will typically cost around $13,000 per month without insurance. If you obtain your medication through NiceRx you will pay a flat monthly rate of $49 per medication regardless of its retail price.
What is Verzenio?
Verzenio is a prescription medication given to adults to treat a type of breast cancer called HR-positive and HER2-negative breast cancer. It is prescribed when the breast cancer is advanced or has spread to other areas of the body (metastatic breast cancer). The medication stops your cancerous cells from multiplying and spreading and triggers them to self-terminate.
You take Verzenio as a tablet you swallow. The Doctor who prescribes your Verzenio to you will decide what dose you will need to take and how often. Always take your Verzenio exactly as directed by your Doctor. Verzenio can be used alone or can be prescribed alongside other medications like Fulvestrant.
Verzenio active ingredients
The active ingredient in Verzenio is called abemaciclib. It is a type of cancer medication called a CDK inhibitor that stops the spread of your cancer and kills your cancerous cells.
When you take Verzenio the abemaciclib it contains is absorbed into your cancerous cells. Once inside the cells the abemaciclib attaches to and blocks a group of enzymes called CDKs (cyclin-dependent kinases). Your cancerous cells need CDKs to grow and divide. By blocking these CDKs, abemaciclib stops your cancerous cells from spreading and instead triggers them to self-terminate.
Verzenio side effects
The most common side effects caused by Verzenio include:
- Stomach pain
- Feeling sick (nausea)
- Being sick (vomiting)
- Decreased appetite
- Increased risk of infections
- Hair thinning and hair loss (alopecia)
- A fall in red blood cell counts (anemia)
- A fall in white blood cell counts (leukopenia)
- A fall in blood platelet counts (thrombocytopenia)
In rare instances Verzenio can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Severe allergic reactions to the medication.
- Lung problems that can reduce lung function and make it more difficult to breathe.
- Liver problems that can reduce your liver function.
- An increased risk of blood clots forming in your blood vessels that can cause strokes and heart attacks.
- Severe diarrhea that can cause dehydration and increase your risk of developing an infection, including serious infections.
- A severe fall in white blood cell counts (leukopenia) that can increase your risk of developing an infection, including serious infections.
Verzenio drug interactions
Verzenio can interact with other medications. This can change how Verzenio and the other medications work and can make some side effects more likely. These medications include:
- Medication you take to treat a heart rhythm problem.
- Antiviral medications taken to treat an HIV infection including ritonavir, atazanavir, indinavir, saquinavir or nelfinavir.
- Antiviral medications taken to treat hepatitis C infection including boceprevir or telaprevir.
- Any other antiviral medications taken to treat another viral infection.
- Antibiotics taken to treat a bacterial infection including rifampicin, clarithromycin or telithromycin.
- Antifungal medications taken to treat a fungal infection including ketoconazole and itraconazole.
- Anticonvulsants taken to reduce the chances of you having seizures like carbamazepine, phenobarbital or phenytoin.
- St John’s-wort (Hypericum perforatum), a herbal supplement.
Verzenio warning and precautions
Verzenio can harm an unborn baby. Talk to your Doctor about taking Verzenio if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant. You should also talk to your Doctor about effective contraception if you want to take Verzenio and you are a woman who can become pregnant. Contraception should be used whilst taking Verzenio and for up to 3 weeks after your last dose. The medication may also cause fertility problems in men. Talk to your healthcare provider if you plan to have children or if this is otherwise a concern for you.
Avoid grapefruit, grapefruit juice or any other products which contain grapefruit. This is because an ingredient in grapefruit can increase the amount of Verzenio in your blood. This in turn increases your risk of side effects.
Verzenio is not suitable for everyone. Do not take Verzenio if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient abemaciclib
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Verzenio
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are under 18 years of age
Talk to your doctor before taking Verzenio if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Verzenio
- Have any lung problems
- Have any liver problems
- Have any kidney problems
- Currently have an infection
- Have an infection which keeps coming back
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.