Tafinlar Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Tafinlar medication.Get started today
- Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
- Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
- Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
An introduction to NiceRx(01:52)
Next steps after qualifying(00:38)
Uploading documents and billing(00:50)
SSN & billing information(00:33)
Medication delivery time(00:41)
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are qualified.
You may be required to submit further information and documents required by the pharmaceutical company which can be securely uploaded online.
Your application is created and sent to your doctor for signature. At this stage, you will be billed $49 and will not be billed again until you receive your first medication delivery.
Your application is sent to the pharmaceutical company. You will be billed again once you receive your medication. We handle the entire ordering process including requesting ongoing refills.
Your monthly Tafinlar cost savings if eligible
If you are eligible for the Tafinlar patient assistance program, the cost of your medication will be free. We only charge $49 a month, per medication, to cover our service fees. You could receive your Tafinlar prescription for just $49 a month, regardless of the retail price of your medication.
Am I eligible for the Tafinlar patient assistance program?
We will review your application to determine whether you are eligible for the Tafinlar patient assistance program. Each program has its own eligibility criteria which is set by the pharmaceutical companies, however the factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Tafinlar patient assistance program?
We make it as easy as possible to apply for the Tafinlar patient assistance program. The first step is to complete our enrollment application. Tell us about any medications you are taking, including Tafinlar. We will also ask for details about your healthcare provider, insurance, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers who ship your medication.
If we determine that you may be eligible for Tafinlar assistance, we will handle the application process for you. We will work directly with your healthcare provider to prepare your application documents. Once we have received the signed application and supporting documents, we will submit them to the patient assistance program on your behalf. Our service continues once you are enrolled in the Tafinlar patient assistance program, and we will automatically request your Tafinlar medication refills for up to 1 year.
Is NiceRx a Tafinlar coupons provider?
We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Tafinlar patient assistance program. That means that we do not offer printable Tafinlar manufacturer coupons, Tafinlar discounts, or free Tafinlar samples. We are not a Tafinlar coupon provider or Tafinlar discount card. Our service extends to assisting eligible individuals to access the medications they need through patient assistance programs.
Can NiceRx help me get Tafinlar if I have insurance?
We may be able to help you to access Tafinlar patient assistance in a variety of circumstances. This includes when your insurance company will not pay for your Tafinlar medication or if you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility. We may also be able to help you if you do not have insurance. Please apply online to find out more.
How much is Tafinlar with insurance?
The cost of Tafinlar with insurance depends on the terms of your healthcare plan. To find out how much this is, your healthcare provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
How much does Tafinlar cost without insurance?
Tafinlar prices without insurance will vary depending on where you buy it and how much you buy. As a guide, the cost for Tafinlar oral capsules 50 mg is around $9,400 for a supply of 120 capsules. With NiceRx you will pay a flat monthly fee of $49, regardless of the retail price of your medication.
What is Tafinlar?
Tafinlar contains the prescription medicine dabrafenib which is a cancer treatment. Tafinlar can be used alone or in combination with another medicine called trametinib to treat certain types of cancer in people who have a “BRAF” gene mutation.
- Skin cancer (melanoma) that has spread to other parts of the body, to prevent a melanoma from coming back after surgery, or for a melanoma that can not be treated with surgery
- Non-small cell lung cancer that has spread to other parts of the body
- Anaplastic thyroid cancer (ATC), which a type of thyroid cancer that has spread and there are no treatments available
Tafinlar should not be used to treat people who have already used a BRAF inhibitor for the treatment of their melanoma, where it did not work, or where it is not working anymore.
Tafinlar active ingredients
Dabrafenib blocks certain enzymes in your body from carrying out their function. This helps to stop cancer cells from growing and spreading. Using dabrafenib and trametinib together in a combination has a better result against cancer than using either medicine on its own.
Tafinlar is used only if your cancer has a specific genetic “BFRAF” marker. Your doctor will test you for this. Tafinlar should be taken on an empty stomach, at least 1 hour before or 2 hours after a meal. You will need to have your skin checked by your doctor every 2 months while using Tafinlar, and for up to 6 months after you have taken your last tablet. Your blood pressure and heart, as well as your vision will need to be checked regularly. If you have a fever and severe chills for 3 days or longer, you may be given steroid treatment.
Tafinlar side effects
The most common side effects caused by Tafinlar include:
- Nausea, vomiting
- Diarrhea, loss of appetite
- Fever, headaches, tiredness
- Hypertension (increased blood pressure)
- Muscle or joint pain
- Difficulty breathing, cough
- Swelling in your arms, face, and legs
- Dry skin, rash
In rare instances, Tafinlar can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Difficulty urinating
- Severe headaches, blurred vision, dizziness
- Stomach pain, severe diarrhea
- Increased thirst or urination
- Eye pain or swelling, changes in vision
- Severe skin rash, skin redness, pain, swelling, and peeling skin on your hands or feet
- Feeling weak, bloody or tarry stools, coughing up blood, or vomit that looks like coffee grounds
- Chest pain, difficulty breathing, pale skin, pain, swelling, or cold feeling in an arm or leg
- Faster heartbeats, swelling in your feet or ankles
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Tafinlar against your risk of side effects.
Tafinlar drug interactions
Tafinlar can interact with other medications. These include:
- Treatment for prostate cancer – apalutamide, enzalutamide
- Treatment for other types of cancer – brigatinib, dabrafenib, encorafenib, erdafitinib, gilteritinib, tucatinib, midostaurin
- Treatment for migraines – lasmiditan
- Antibiotic treatment for acne – sarecycline
This list is not exhaustive and other drugs may interact with Tafinlar.
Tafinlar warning and precautions
You should not use Tafinlar if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient dabrafenib
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Tafinlar
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
Talk to your doctor before using Tafinlar if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Tafinlar
- Have heart disease or high blood pressure
- Have bleeding problems, or a blood clot
- Have diabetes
- Have lung disease
- Have liver or kidney disease
- Have a stomach or intestinal disorder
- Have any eye problems
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.