How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible for assistance.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are pre-qualified. The pharmaceutical company provides your medication for free, and you only pay our service fee.
We will request documents to be submitted by you and your healthcare provider that are required by the pharmaceutical company to complete your enrollment.
Once approved, the pharmaceutical company typically ships a 90-day supply of medication to your home or healthcare provider’s address. Final acceptance is determined by the pharmaceutical company.
Your monthly Tibsovo cost savings if eligible
If you are eligible for the Tibsovo patient assistance program you can receive your medication for free. Our monthly service fee of $49 per medication covers the cost of our services in applying for the program and requesting your ongoing refills on your behalf. If you obtain your Tibsovo through NiceRx, you will only pay $49 a month regardless of the retail price of your medication.
Am I eligible for the Tibsovo patient assistance program?
You could receive your Tibsovo without paying the full retail price if you meet the eligibility criteria for assistance. The eligibility requirements are set by the pharmaceutical companies that are providing assistance programs. At NiceRx, we review each application individually, although the main factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for Tibsovo patient assistance?
We do everything that we can to take the hassle and stress out of applying for patient assistance programs. Simply start by filling in our enrollment application. We will ask for details about your healthcare provider, your insurance, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical companies you are applying to for assistance. We may also be able to help you access patient assistance for other medications that you have been prescribed, so be sure to tell us about any medications you are taking as well as Tibsovo.
NiceRx will review the information you have provided, and if we determine that you may be eligible for assistance, we will seek to enroll you in the Tibsovo patient assistance program. We will handle the enrollment process for you by working with your healthcare provider and preparing all the required paperwork for your doctor to sign. We will also request your Tibsovo medication refills on your behalf for up to 1 year once you are enrolled in the program.
Is NiceRx a Tibsovo coupons provider?
At NiceRx, we help eligible individuals access the Tibsovo patient assistance program. This means that we are not a Tibsovo coupon, a Tibsovo discount card, or a Tibsovo copay card provider. We do not offer any medication trial offers or free Tibsovo samples.
Can NiceRx help me get Tibsovo if I have insurance?
We may be able to help you if you have insurance, including if your insurance company will not pay for your Tibsovo medication, or you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility. We may even be able to assist if you do not have insurance. Please fill in our enrollment application to find out more.
How much does Tibsovo cost without insurance?
Tibsovo costs without insurance will vary depending on how much you buy and the retailer you buy it from. As a guide, Tibsovo 250 mg tablets will typically cost around $29,600 for 60 tablets. If you obtain your medication through NiceRx, you will pay a flat monthly rate of $49 per medication regardless of its retail price.
How much does Tibsovo cost with insurance?
The copay of Tibsovo will vary in line with the specific terms of your healthcare plan. For further details about what you may need to pay, your insurance provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate the copay costs with your current insurance.
What is Tibsovo?
Tibsovo, an isocitrate dehydrogenase-1 (IDH1) inhibitor, manufactured by Agios Pharmaceuticals, Inc. It has FDA approval (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) for the treatment of adult patients with a susceptible IDH1 mutation with:
- Acute myeloid leukemia (AML)
- Newly-diagnosed AML in adults who are 75 years of age or older or who have comorbidities that preclude the use of intensive induction chemotherapy
- Relapsed or refractory acute myeloid leukemia
- Locally advanced or metastatic cholangiocarcinoma
- Locally advanced or metastatic cholangiocarcinoma who have been previously treated
Tibsovo targets a specific gene mutation called IDH1, which can affect your bone marrow. IDH1 mutation stops young blood cells from developing into healthy adult blood cells. This can result in the symptoms of acute myeloid leukemia (AML).
Patients treated with Tibsovo have experienced symptoms of differentiation syndrome. This is a condition that affects your blood cells and may be life-threatening and can be fatal if not treated. If differentiation syndrome is suspected, corticosteroid therapy should be initiated and hemodynamic monitoring until symptom resolution. See full prescribing information for a complete boxed warning and medication guide.
What doses of Tibsovo are available?
Tibsovo is available in tablet form, in the following doses: 250 mg.
500 mg orally once daily with or without food until disease progression or unacceptable toxicity. You should avoid a high-fat meal.
Always speak with your healthcare provider about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Tibsovo active ingredients
Tibsovo contains the active ingredient ivosidenib, a small molecule inhibitor that targets the mutant isocitrate dehydrogenase 1 (IDH1) enzyme.
Tibsovo side effects
The most common adverse reactions of Tibsovo in clinical trials include:
- Fatigue, arthralgia (joint pain), leukocytosis (increase in white blood cells), diarrhea, constipation, edema, nausea, rapid weight gain, dyspnea, mucositis, rash, cough, shortness of breath, decreased appetite, myalgia, pyrexia, decreased hemoglobin, calcium, sodium, magnesium, potassium, increased alkaline phosphatase, aspartate aminotransferase, and creatinine
- The most common adverse reactions in patients with cholangiocarcinoma were fatigue, nausea, abdominal pain, diarrhea, cough, decreased appetite, ascites, vomiting, anemia (reduced red blood cell count), rash, decreased hemoglobin, increased aspartate, aminotransferase, and bilirubin
- Tumor lysis syndrome
In rare instances, Tibsovo can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- QTc interval prolongation and ventricular arrhythmias – monitor electrocardiograms and electrolytes
- Guillain-Barré Syndrome
A healthcare professional will assess the benefits of using Tibsovo against your risk of side effects. Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions of Tibsovo to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Tibsovo drug interactions
Tibsovo can interact with other medications. These include:
- Strong or moderate CYP3A4 inhibitors – monitor patients for increased risk of QTc interval prolongation
- Strong CYP3A4 inducers
- Sensitive CYP3A4 substrates
- QTc prolonging drugs – if co-administration is unavoidable, monitor patients for increased risk of QTc interval prolongation
This list is not exhaustive and other prescription drugs may interact with Tibsovo.
You should not use Tibsovo if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient ivosidenib
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Tibsovo
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Talk to your doctor before using Tibsovo if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Tibsovo
- Have heart disease
- Have long QT syndrome
- Have problems with your nerves
- Have an electrolyte imbalance, such as low levels of potassium, sodium, or magnesium
- Have liver disease
- Have kidney disease or if you are on dialysis
Tibsovo is the trademark brand name for ivosidenib manufactured by Agios Pharmaceuticals, Inc. A generic version of ivosidenib is not available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Tibsovo savings through NiceRx.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.