Trokendi XR Coupon & Prices
Get notified when Trokendi XR medication is added to NiceRxGet Started Now
Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible for assistance.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are pre-qualified. The pharmaceutical company provides your medication for free, and you only pay our service fee.
We will request documents to be submitted by you and your healthcare provider that are required by the pharmaceutical company to complete your enrollment.
Once approved, the pharmaceutical company typically ships a 90-day supply of medication to your home or healthcare provider’s address. Final acceptance is determined by the pharmaceutical company.
Your monthly Trokendi XR cost savings if eligible
With our assistance, you could access the Trokendi XR patient assistance program and obtain your medication for free. We only charge a flat monthly fee of $49 per medication for our services.
Am I eligible for Trokendi XR patient assistance?
We review each Trokendi XR enrollment application individually to determine if you are eligible. Each assistance program has its own eligibility criteria and the factors considered by most programs are:
How do I apply for the Trokendi XR patient assistance program?
Our process makes it as easy as possible to apply for the Trokendi XR patient assistance program. Begin by completing the enrollment applicationform on our website. Tell us about any medications that you are taking, including Trokendi XR. You must also provide details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income. This is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers who will supply the medication, so it is important to make sure this information is accurate and up to date.
We will review the information that you have provided to determine whether you are eligible for patient assistance. If we can pre-qualify you for assistance, NiceRx will handle the full enrollment process on your behalf. If you are approved by the pharmaceutical company, you will typically start receiving your medication in 6 – 8 weeks.
Is NiceRx an Trokendi XR coupons provider?
NiceRx is not an Trokendi XR coupon, Trokendi XR discount card, or Trokendi XR copay card provider. We do not offer Trokendi XR manufacturer coupons, Trokendi XR discounts, rebates, Trokendi XR savings cards, trial offers, or free Trokendi XR samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Trokendi XR patient assistance program.
Can NiceRx help me get Trokendi XR if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you get Trokendi XR if:
- You have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility for Trokendi XR
- Your insurance company will not pay for your Trokendi XR prescription
- Your healthcare plan does not cover Trokendi XR medication
- You do not have insurance
Please apply online to find out if we can help you.
How much is Trokendi XR with insurance?
The cost of Trokendi XR with insurance will depend on the terms of your healthcare plan. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance. Contact them to find out more.
How much does Trokendi XR cost without insurance?
Trokendi XR prices without insurance will vary depending on the strength of capsules you buy (25 mg, 50 mg, 100 mg, or 200 mg) and the number of capsules per pack (30 or 100). Prices will also vary by retailer. As a guide, a pack of 30, 25 mg Trokendi XR capsules will cost around $370.
What is Trokendi XR?
Trokendi XR is a prescription medication used to treat migraines and seizures. It’s prescribed to:
- Prevent migraines in adults and children aged 12 and over.
- Treat partial onset seizures and primary generalized tonic-clonic seizures in adults and children aged 6 and over.
- Treat partial onset seizures, primary generalized tonic-clonic seizures, and seizures associated with Lennox-Gastaut syndrome (alongside other seizure medications) in adults and children aged 6 and over.
If you suffer from migraines or have seizures, your physician may have prescribed Trokendi XR to you. It’s a medication you take as an oral capsule. Trokendi XR works by altering the electrical and chemical signals that pass through your brain cells, reducing the chances of you having a migraine or seizure. Your physician will decide how often and what dose of Trokendi XR you need based on your condition and medical history. Always take your Trokendi XR exactly as prescribed.
Trokendi XR active ingredients
The active ingredient in Trokendi XR is called topiramate. It’s a type of medication called a carbonic anhydrase inhibitor. When you take Trokendi XR, the topiramate it contains is absorbed into your bloodstream. It’s then transported to your brain where it begins to take effect. The topiramate is converted into a number of substances that alter the electrical activity of your brain cells and that affect how your brain cells pass signals to each other. By altering electrical activity and chemical signals in your brain, topiramate can reduce the number of migraines or seizures you have.
Trokendi XR side effects
The most common side effects caused by Trokendi XR include:
- Problems with memory
- Problems with speech
- Slowed reactions
- Abdominal pain>
- A loss of appetite
- A change in the way food tastes
- Weight loss
- Upper respiratory tract infections (such as nose, throat, and sinuses)
- Tingling of the arms and legs (paresthesia)
- Decreased sensitivity in parts of your body, particularly your skin
In rare instances, Trokendi XR can cause more serious side effects, like:
- Serious eye problems, including increased pressure in the eye (secondary angle closure glaucoma)
- Changes in mood, depression, and suicidal thoughts and behaviors
- Dizziness and loss of muscle coordination
- Cognitive problems, including confusion, problems concentrating, problems remembering, and speech problems
- Serious fever that may require hospitalization
- A fall in body temperature than can result in tiredness, confusion, and coma
- Metabolic acidosis – a high level of acid in your blood that can cause kidney stones, weakened bones (osteoporosis), and slow the rate of growth in children
- High levels of ammonia in your blood that can cause tiredness and reduce your level of alertness
- Kidney stones
- Serious skin reactions, including Stevens-Johnson syndrome that can cause pronounced blistering and peeling on the face and around the genitals
Your doctor will assess the benefits of taking Trokendi XR against your risk of side effects.
Trokendi XR drug interactions
Trokendi XR can interact with other medications. This can change how Trokendi XR and the other medications work and can make some side effects more likely. These medications include:
- Valproic acid, such as Depakene or Depakote
- Any medications that affect your thinking or concentration, including antidepressants and medications taken for schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Any medications that affect your muscle coordination
- Birth control pills – Trokendi XR may make your birth control pills less effective
If you’re unsure if you’re taking any of these, take the packaging of all your medications and supplements to your doctor or pharmacist.
Trokendi XR warning and precautions
Medications like Trokendi XR can increase the risk of suicidal thoughts and behaviors. Seek urgent medical attention if you, or someone you care for, feels they are at risk of suicide.
Trokendi XR can harm your unborn baby and can cause birth defects, including a cleft lip and cleft palate, and reduced birth weight. Talk to your doctor about taking Trokendi XR if you’re pregnant or plan to become pregnant. Talk to your doctor about effective contraception if you want to take Trokendi XR and you’re a woman who can become pregnant.
Trokendi XR can cause side effects like dizziness, sleepiness, vision problems, and problems with thinking and coordination, that can impair your ability to operate machinery, drive, or perform other dangerous tasks. Avoid these activities when taking Trokendi XR until you’re sure it doesn’t affect your ability to do them safely.
Don’t stop taking Trokendi XR without talking to your doctor first. Stopping Trokendi XR suddenly can cause withdrawal-like symptoms, some of which can be unpleasant and serious.
Don’t drink alcohol for 6 hours after taking Trokendi XR, or within 6 hours of your next dose, as alcohol can make some side effects of Trokendi XR worse, like problems with vision, alertness, thinking, and coordination.
Take Trokendi XR tablets whole, don’t crush, break, dissolve, chew, or break up your capsules to sprinkle on food or to put into drinks.
Trokendi XR isn’t suitable for everyone. It should not be given to children under 12 years of age to treat migraines, or to children under 6 years of age to treat seizures. Don’t take Trokendi XR if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient topiramate
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Trokendi XR
Talk to your doctor before taking Trokendi XR if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Trokendi XR
- Have ever had depression, other mood problems, suicidal thoughts, or have engaged in suicidal behaviors
- Have any kidney problems, including kidney stones or are on dialysis
- Have any liver problems
- Have any lung or breathing problems
- Have ever had metabolic acidosis (too much acid in your blood)
- Have ever had any eye problems, particularly glaucoma (increased pressure inside your eye)
- Have any problems with your bones, including osteomalacia, osteoporosis, osteopenia, or decreased bone density
- Have a growth problem
- Are about to have surgery
- Currently have diarrhea
- Are currently on a high-fat, low-carbohydrate diet, such as the ketogenic diet
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program. Subject to medication availability and acceptance by the pharmaceutical companies. NiceRx is not responsible for any delays or rejection by the pharmaceutical companies.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.