Rybelsus Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Rybelsus medication.Get started today
- Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
- Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
- Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
Your monthly Rybelsus cost savings if eligible
If you are eligible for the Rybelsus patient assistance program, the cost of your medication will be free. We only charge $49 a month, per medication, to cover our service fees. You could receive your Rybelsus prescription for just $49 a month, regardless of the retail price of your medication.
|Strength||Avg. monthly price at
a US pharmacy
|3mg 30 tablets||$820.00||$49.00||$771.00|
|7mg 30 tablets||$820.00||$49.00||$771.00|
|14mg 30 tablets||$820.00||$49.00||$771.00|
Am I eligible for the Rybelsus patient assistance program?
We will review your application to determine whether you are eligible for the Rybelsus patient assistance program. Each program has its own eligibility criteria which is set by the pharmaceutical companies, however the factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Rybelsus patient assistance program?
We make it as easy as possible to apply for the Rybelsus patient assistance program. The first step is to complete our enrollment application. Tell us about any medications you’re taking, including Rybelsus. We will also ask for details about your healthcare provider, insurance, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers who ship your medication.
If we determine that you may be eligible for Rybelsus assistance, we’ll handle the application process for you. We’ll work directly with your healthcare provider to prepare your application documents. Once we have received the signed application and supporting documents, we will submit them to the patient assistance program on your behalf. Our service continues once you’re enrolled in the Rybelsus patient assistance program, and we’ll automatically request your Rybelsus medication refills for up to 1 year.
Is NiceRx a Rybelsus coupons provider?
We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Rybelsus patient assistance program. That means that we don’t offer printable Rybelsus manufacturer coupons, Rybelsus discounts, or free Rybelsus samples. We are not a Rybelsus coupon provider or Rybelsus discount card. Our service extends to assisting eligible individuals to access the medications they need through patient assistance programs.
Can NiceRx help me get Rybelsus if I have insurance?
We may be able to help you to access Rybelsus patient assistance in a variety of circumstances. This includes when your insurance company won’t pay for your Rybelsus medication or if you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility. We may also be able to help you if you don’t have insurance. Please apply online to find out more.
How much is Rybelsus with insurance?
The cost of Rybelsus with insurance depends on the terms of your healthcare plan. To find out how much this is, your healthcare provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
How much does Rybelsus cost without insurance?
Rybelsus prices without insurance will vary by retailer, but as a guide, the average monthly cost of Rybelsus is around $350.
What is Rybelsus?
Rybelsus is a prescription medication given to adults with type 2 diabetes to help lower their blood sugar (glucose) when used with exercise and diet changes. It is a non-insulin medication that causes your pancreas to produce more insulin, helping to lower your blood glucose levels. You take Rybelsus in tablet form, usually once a day when you first wake up but make sure you always use your Rybelsus as directed by your doctor or pharmacist.
Rybelsus active ingredients
The active ingredient in Rybelsus is called semaglutide. It’s a non-insulin drug that can help lower your blood glucose levels by stimulating the cells in your pancreas that produce insulin (called beta cells).
When you take Rybelsus, semaglutide molecules attach to beta cells in your pancreas at sites called glucagon-like peptide-1 receptors. The semaglutide stimulates these receptors, which makes the beta cells produce more insulin, helping to lower your blood sugar after you’ve eaten.
Semaglutide also encourages the growth of more beta cells in your pancreas, allowing your pancreas to produce higher levels of insulin, reversing any declines in your body’s insulin production.
Rybelsus side effects & Rybelsus drug interactions
As with all medications, Rybelsus can cause side effects. The most common include:
- Nausea (feeling sick)
- Vomiting (being sick)
- Stomach (abdominal) pain
- Decreased appetite
For some people, Rybelsus can cause more serious side effects. These are rarer but can include:
- An increased risk of thyroid tumors, including cancerous tumors
- Inflammation of your pancreas (pancreatitis)
- Changes in your vision
- Very low blood sugar (hypoglycemia)
- Severe allergic reactions to the medication that can cause itching, rashes, swelling, and difficulties breathing
Tell your prescribing physician if you take any of the following as they can interact with Rybelsus:
- Insulin – Rybelsus can be used alongside insulin, but your doctor may change the dose of insulin you take and/or how often you take insulin
- Any other medications take to treat type 2 diabetes, like sulfonylureas
- Any medications you take by mouth to reduce the risk of blood clots (oral anticoagulants) like warfarin
Rybelsus warnings & precautions
Don’t take Rybelsus if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient semaglutide
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Rybelsus
- Have had a type of thyroid cancer called medullary thyroid carcinoma (MTC), or if anyone in your family has
- Have an endocrine system condition called multiple endocrine neoplasia syndrome type 2 (MEN 2)
- Have pancreatitis (inflammation of your pancreas)
- Have type 1 diabetes (Rybelsus is for type 2 diabetes only)
- Are under 18 years of age
Talk to your doctor before taking Rybelsus if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Rybelsus
- Have had any problems with your pancreas
- Have had any problems with your kidneys
- Have or have ever had any problems with your eyes, including cataracts or glaucoma
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.