Ozempic Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Ozempic medication.Get started today
- Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
- Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
- Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
Your monthly Ozempic cost savings if eligible
With NiceRx’s help, you could get your Ozempic prescription for a flat fee of $49 per month.
|Strength||Avg. monthly price at
a US pharmacy
|0.25mg/0.5mg 1 pen||$850.00||$49.00||$801.00|
|1mg 2 pens||$850.00||$49.00||$801.00|
Am I eligible for the Ozempic patient assistance program?
If you meet the eligibility criteria for Ozempic assistance, you could receive your medicine without paying the full retail price. At NiceRx, we review each Ozempic enrollment application individually. Please note that the main factors considered by most programs are:
How do I apply for the Ozempic patient assistance program?
Applying for the Ozempic patient assistance program is simple and straightforward with NiceRx. Begin by filling in our online enrollment application. At this stage, you will need to tell us about any medications you’re taking, including Ozempic. We’ll also ask for details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income, as this is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers who’ll supply your medication.
Once NiceRx determines you may be eligible for Ozempic assistance, we’ll handle the full enrollment process for you, and will also request your Ozempic medication refills on your behalf for up to one year.
Is NiceRx an Ozempic coupons provider?
NiceRx is not an Ozempic coupon, an Ozempic discount card, or an Ozempic copay card provider. We don’t offer printable Ozempic manufacturer coupons, Ozempic discounts, rebates, Ozempic savings cards, trial offers, or free Ozempic samples. NiceRx is a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Ozempic patient assistance program.
Can NiceRx help me get Ozempic if I have insurance?
We may be able to help you if:
- You have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility for Ozempic
- Your insurance company won’t pay for your Ozempic prescription
- You don’t have insurance
Apply online with NiceRx to find out more.
How much is Ozempic with insurance?
Your healthcare plan will determine how much you will need to pay for Ozempic with insurance. Your pharmacist or insurance provider will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
How much does Ozempic cost without insurance?
Ozempic prices without insurance will vary by retailer, but as a guide, the average monthly cost for Ozempic is $730 per month. With NiceRx you’ll always pay a flat monthly fee of $49.
What is Ozempic?
Ozempic is a medication given to adults with type 2 diabetes to:
- Lower blood sugar (glucose) levels, when used alongside exercise and diet changes
- Reduce the risk of major cardiovascular events, like heart attacks and strokes, in people who have heart disease
Ozempic can help you lower your blood sugar levels when used alongside dietary and lifestyle changes. It causes you to secrete more insulin, helping to lower your blood sugar and reduce your risk of major cardiovascular events, like heart attacks and strokes, if you have heart disease.
You take Ozempic by injecting it under your skin (subcutaneous injection), using a pre-filled pen. The medication is long-lasting so you usually take it once per week. As it’s a non-insulin medication, your doctor may prescribe Ozempic alongside insulin. Make sure you always use your Ozempic as directed by your doctor.
Ozempic active ingredients
The active ingredient in Ozempic is called semaglutide. Unlike many other treatments for type 2 diabetes, semaglutide is not a type of insulin, it’s a human hormone that acts on different parts of your body. Semaglutide encourages your pancreas to produce more insulin, helping to lower your blood sugar after you’ve eaten. It also appears to increase the growth of the cells in your pancreas that produce insulin (beta-cells).
Ozempic side effects & Ozempic drug interactions
The most common side effects caused by Ozempic include:
- Nausea (feeling sick)
- Vomiting (being sick)
- Stomach (abdominal) pain
In rare instances, Ozempic can cause more serious side effects, including:
- An increased risk of thyroid tumors, including cancerous tumors
- Kidney problems, including kidney failure
- Severe allergic reactions to the medication that can cause itching, rashes, swelling, and difficulties breathing
- Inflammation of your pancreas (pancreatitis)
- Changes in your vision
- Very low blood sugar (hypoglycemia)
Ozempic can also interact with the following medications:
- Any medications you take orally to reduce the risk of blood clots (oral anticoagulants) like warfarin
- Insulin – Ozempic can be used alongside insulin, but your doctor may change the dose of insulin you take and/or how often you take insulin
- Any other medications take to treat type 2 diabetes
Ozempic warnings & precautions
Don’t take Ozempic if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient semaglutide, or any of the other ingredients in Ozempic
- Have had, or anyone in your family has had, a type of thyroid cancer called medullary thyroid carcinoma (MTC)
- Have an endocrine system condition called multiple endocrine neoplasia syndrome type 2 (MEN 2)
- Have pancreatitis
- Have type 1 diabetes (Ozempic is for type 2 diabetes only)
- Are under 18 years of age
Talk to your doctor before taking Ozempic if you:
- Have had any problems with your pancreas or kidneys
- Have ever had diabetic retinopathy
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.