Odefsey Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Odefsey medication.Get started today
- Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
- Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
- Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
An introduction to NiceRx(01:52)
Next steps after qualifying(00:38)
Uploading documents and billing(00:50)
SSN & billing information(00:33)
Medication delivery time(00:41)
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are qualified.
You may be required to submit further information and documents required by the pharmaceutical company which can be securely uploaded online.
Your application is created and sent to your doctor for signature. At this stage, you will be billed $49 and will not be billed again until you receive your first medication delivery.
Your application is sent to the pharmaceutical company. You will be billed again once you receive your medication. We handle the entire ordering process including requesting ongoing refills.
Your monthly Odefsey cost savings if eligible
If you are eligible for the Odefsey patient assistance program, the cost of your medication will be free. We only charge $49 a month, per medication, to cover our service fees. You could receive your Odefsey prescription for just $49 a month, regardless of the retail price of your medication.
Am I eligible for the Odefsey patient assistance program?
We will review your application to determine whether you are eligible for the Odefsey patient assistance program. Each program has its own eligibility criteria which is set by the pharmaceutical companies, however the factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Odefsey patient assistance program?
We make it as easy as possible to apply for the Odefsey patient assistance program. The first step is to complete our enrollment application. Tell us about any medications you’re taking, including Odefsey. We will also ask for details about your healthcare provider, insurance, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers who ship your medication.
If we determine that you may be eligible for Odefsey assistance, we’ll handle the application process for you. We’ll work directly with your healthcare provider to prepare your application documents. Once we have received the signed application and supporting documents, we will submit them to the patient assistance program on your behalf. Our service continues once you’re enrolled in the Odefsey patient assistance program, and we’ll automatically request your Odefsey medication refills for up to 1 year.
Is NiceRx an Odefsey coupons provider?
We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Odefsey patient
assistance program. That means that we don’t offer printable Odefsey manufacturer coupons, Odefsey discounts, or free Odefsey samples. We are not an Odefsey coupon provider or Odefsey discount card. Our service extends to assisting eligible individuals to access the medications they need through patient assistance programs.
Can NiceRx help me get Odefsey if I have insurance?
We may be able to help you to access Odefsey patient assistance in a variety of circumstances. This includes when your insurance company won’t pay for your Odefsey medication or if you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility. We may also be able to help you if you don’t have insurance. Please apply online to find out more.
How much is Odefsey with insurance?
The cost of Odefsey with insurance depends on the terms of your healthcare plan. To find out how much this is, your healthcare provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
How much does Odefsey cost without insurance?
Odefsey prices without insurance will vary depending on where you buy it and the amount you purchase. As a guide, a pack of 30, 200-25-25 mg Odefsey tablets will cost around $3,500. With NiceRx you’ll pay a flat monthly fee of $49, regardless of the retail price of your medication.
What is Odefsey?
Odefsey is a prescription medication used to treat an HIV-1 infection. It’s given to adults, and to children who weigh at least 77 pounds (35kg). It’s prescribed as:
- A first HIV-1 treatment in patients with a viral load of no more than 100,000 copies per ml, or:
- To replace a previous HIV-1 treatment in patients who meet certain requirements decided on by their healthcare provider
If you have an HIV-1 infection, your doctor may have prescribed Odefsey to you to help treat it. Odefsey can’t cure an HIV-1 infection, but it can help to reduce how much of the virus you have in your body (your viral load), limiting the damage it can do to your immune system. You take Odefsey as a tablet you swallow, usually once a day, but always make sure you take the medication exactly as directed by the doctor who prescribed it to you.
Odefsey active ingredients
Odefsey contains three active ingredients called emtricitabine, rilpivirine, and tenofovir alafenamide. They’re antiviral drugs that can stop the spread of the HIV-1 virus through your T-cells.
When the HIV-1 virus invades your T-cells, it inserts itself into their DNA. The virus then takes advantage of the cells’ natural DNA copying process to make copies of itself. As more copies of the virus are made, eventually the T-cell dies, and the viruses spread to other T-cells, continuing the cycle. Odefsey helps to stop this from happening.
Emtricitabine, rilpivirine, and tenofovir alafenamide each interrupt a step in the DNA copying process that copies the viruses. They do this by blocking different enzymes involved in the copying process. This makes it harder for the virus to multiply, limiting the amount of virus you have in your body.
Odefsey side effects & Odefsey drug interactions
The most common side effects caused by Odefsey include headaches and problems sleeping (insomnia). Those that take the medication can also potentially experience more serious side effects, like:
- Severe allergic reactions to the medication
- Severe skin rashes
- A worsening or reemergence of an existing hepatitis B infection if you have or previously have had one
- New or worsening kidney problems, including kidney failure
- New or worsening liver problems, including liver failure
- Too much lactic acid in your blood (lactic acidosis), that can cause serious health problems and can be fatal
- A strengthening of your immune system (immune reconstitution syndrome) – your immune system may fight infections that have been hidden in your body for a long time
Your doctor will assess the benefits of taking Odefsey against your risk of side effects.
Odefsey can interact with other medications, including:
- An antibiotic called rifampin
- An antibiotic called rifapentine
- Any anticonvulsant medications taken to reduce the chances of you having seizures, like carbamazepine, oxcarbazepine, phenobarbital, or phenytoin
- Esomeprazole, dexlansoprazole, lansoprazole, omeprazole, pantoprazole sodium, rabeprazole, taken to reduce stomach acid production to treat gastroesophageal-reflux-disease, stomach ulcers, and other stomach conditions
- Dexamethasone, a corticosteroid taken to treat a range of inflammatory autoimmune diseases
- An herbal supplement called St. John’s wort (Hypericum perforatum)
Odefsey warnings & precautions
Odefsey should not be used to treat an HIV-1 infection in children who weigh less than 77 pounds (35kg). Don’t take Odefsey if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredients emtricitabine, rilpivirine, or tenofovir alafenamide
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Odefsey
Talk to your doctor before taking Odefsey if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Odefsey
- Have or have ever had a hepatitis B infection
- Have any liver problems
- Have any kidney problems
- Have a history of depression or suicidal thoughts
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.